• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

July Jewels 2019! ^^

crazy: Diaper shower sounds nice but can understand not wanting the attention. Do you move the crib into your room for that time or do you use something like a pack and play?

kiki: Sounds like a challenge getting everything together. I hope it's more fun and less stressful for you. I bet it'll look great.

DBZ: Yay on passing the GD test! The sugar drink was not fun, but now it's done and behind you. That's great news about not worrying about baby not being too small. Hope things continue to go well for you!

AFM: I did not pass the 1 hour GD test. At my appointment next week we're going over a special diet and then doing the 3 hour. I decided to be proactive and look up some tips for GD diet and have made some changes, hoping that it helps. The nursery is almost done, even though she'll be staying in our room for at least 6 months. Just need to figure out some curtains to block out the morning sun to keep the room cool and a few little decoration things.

I also went with a backpack style diaper bag. I got mine in the mint color cause I wanted something pretty, and DH would use any color I picked out.

Anyone have any questions I should ask the hospital during the tour? What about good questions for the pediatrician? DH and I will be sitting down to come up with some but I feel like my mind is blank on them.

With my other 2 I used a bassinet wgile they were really little but once they could roll over we put the crib in our room. We got rid of our bassinet after my last baby, so this time I bought a pack and play with bassinet attachment that we will use until she learns to roll over then we will put the crib up.

Cheshire- When we did our tour, we asked about birth position options and what they provide as far as laboring. Like my hospital has a shower I can be in during labor if water helps. If I wanted to switch to a midwife, I could do a water birth. I also asked about how well they follow birth plans and how to get my wishes met. Pain relief options and options for birth positions if I request an epidural. We asked about skin to skin and keeping the baby with us (standard is 1 hr before they take baby to be weighed if no interventions are needed at my hospital.). Number of people allowed in the room during birth, do they allow pictures/video and when, visiting hours, easier place to park to come in quickly...

Questions just pop up when you're walking through, so I would bring like a little notebook and a pen. Also, when they are taking about details, it helped me to be able to write it all down so I have it for the main event because there's probably no way DH and I are going to remember everything in the heat of the moment.

Happy Easter!!

Officially 3rd tri today! I'm excited to be getting closer to meeting this little one. :cloud9: Don't have anything ready yet...but I'm hoping we'll get there before baby comes. I do have a bunch of clothing, some bought, some handed down, so at the very least, baby won't be naked for long after he or she pops out.

What's going on with you ladies?

I'm sick for the second time this pregnancy. It's just a cold but I swear they feel so much worse when you can't take all the meds you're used to taking.

28-week appointment today and everything sounds good. Doing the 3-hour test in a week. Turns out the special diet is adding carbs. A slice of bread or a glass of juice with each meal so that the drink doesn't throw you off too much.

Meet and greet with the pediatrician this Thursday! Hospital tour went really well, really love everything they had to say. More and more cleaning/decluttering has been happening as well. Can't believe it's going to be May next week. This time is flying by so quick!

Hello everyone. I'm a bit late joining, but I hope I may anyway. :D I haven't really been on B&B much since my first pregnancy, but I came back hoping to find another group of ladies due around the same time as me.

I'm due July 20th with Baby Boy #2 :blue: (I have one son born in April of 2017). I'm considered high risk due to obesity (I was also with my first pregnancy) and I have hypothyroidism and PCOS, but so far this pregnancy is going well. I'm struggling a lot though with SPD, which I didn't have the first time (I had a lot of hip pain the first time around, which I don't have this time).

I live in Denmark and I'll be giving birth with midwife in the hospital. The birth with my son was pretty bad / traumatic for both my husband and I, but we're hoping it goes smoothly this time.

:hug:

Welcome Mrs Tigger! We share the same due date, I am having my 3rd kiddo second girl♡ I took my second 1 hr glucola test and failed it so now I have to take the 3hr test this week. I also found out I have low iron so they put me on a supplement for it. I have pretty bad round ligament pain, it makes it difficult to keep up with my other kiddos from time to time. On top of all the pregnancy stuff, my mom has been In and out of the hospital for a couple weeks. They think she has cancer of the bile duct. We are waiting for some results from a procedure she had done as well as waiting for an appointment with the cancer center. Officially in 3rd trimester I am getting excited, I just hope my mom will be around to meet our new little one.

Mrs. Tigger: Welcome! How's your thyroid doing? I'm also hypo and my endo has been keeping a close eye on it. I hope you get a smooth second birth!

Crazy: Sorry to hear about your mom. Keeping her and your family in my thoughts.

AFM: 3-hour glucose test today. DH is going to take me so if I get sick after I don't have to worry about getting myself home. I'm bringing a book and my Nintendo Switch so I'm hoping the three hours don't feel like forever.

Helly crazy4baby09 and CheshireDucky!

My thyroid has been ok so far; it's checked every 3-4 weeks by my endocrinologist. It's been more stable this time than it was with my first pregnancy. I'm also hoping for a good second birth; I've started having dreams that make me anxious reliving the last time.

Our biggest stressor though is that we've been renovating our apartment for the last 3 months and yesterday we had to move back home (our temporary rental was up), yet it's still not quite done -- a couple more weeks of work left, which means we can't "properly" move in. Camping out in my own home is definitely no fun!

crazy4baby09: I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she manages a recovery and it goes well.

I had a glucose screening at around 20 weeks and I passed it fine (2 hour fasting test), but I go for another one next week at 29 weeks. I'm considered high risk for GD because I have high BMI and a half-sister with Type 2 Diabetes, but so far there have never been any problems (no problems in the first pregnancy, either).

Welcome Mrs. Tigger! :) Happy to have you join us! Good thoughts to your mom during this time! I can't imagine renovating an apartment right now! Kudos to you! Good luck with your second GD test.

Chesire: Hope your 3hr testing went well! Fingers crossed you passed! A lot of my friends have failed the first & passed the 2nd.

DBZ: I forget do you know what your having and just aren't telling or are you team yellow all together?

AFM: I can't believe how fast this has gone. I do my glucose testing next week - will be 28 weeks, 5 days. Will probably also get another rhogam shot then too - looking forward to that less than the glucose drink! I've found that it is really painful! I'm sure I'm just a wuss though. Baby boy feels big. I don't remember feeling so "tight" and "full" with DD. I just feel like he is already large (my husband is 6'6 and both of our families have at least almost 9 lb babies). My weight has remained good, up 3 lbs since start of pregnancy. With DD I gained 16 lbs, so I am hopeful with this one I will stay between 15-20 lbs also. I'm around 190-195 lbs not pregnant so I don't really need to gain an overabundance of weight regardless. With DD I started putting on weight around 27 weeks, which coincidentally happened exactly the same time this time around. lol. If I didn't know this was a boy - I would be totally on girl train - everything but the tummy fullness is exactly the same as last time.

We are decided 100% on a name, HOWEVER, we have a friend who is due with their first beginning of June and they do not know what they are having. If they have a boy and the name is somewhat similar to ours we will open that door again and re-discuss. What are your thoughts on baby names & being similar to friends? My husband loves the name and says that he doesn't care - but I just can't bring myself to have a similar name to a close friend (social media friends - yes that's fine), but not someone we see often. I once had a friend that had a child named Keegan and then 2 months later another friend had a kid named Teegan. I just found that so odd. And the name we have chosen has two fairly common names that rhyme with it. Though our name is not common - or at least I don't know anyone with the name. Any opinions? My husband thinks I'm overthinking it - if you can't tell I am the high-strung one - he is super relaxed. :)

Kiki- if it was me and the names were just similar not the same name, I would keep the name we decided on. My husband on the other hand wouldnt care if it was the exact same name or not he would still use it. I had a similar dilemma with the name of our newest. A good friend of mine had a boy at the end of last year, but she had also picked out a girls name which she loved. After I found out I was having a girl and told her the name she informed me that the name we picked was the exact first and middle name that they had chosen (if they would have had a girl) I felt so guilty, we had picked out this name before we ever had kids ( we picked 2 boy names and 2 girl names while struggling with infertility) thankfully my friend is kind, she was ok with me still using the name.
AFM- I took the 3 hr glucose test on tuesday and found out today that I passed! I am so thankful that I don't have gestational diabetes! We finally got an appointment for next Wednesday at the cancer center for my mom. I am thankful that she is in good spirits considering all that is going on. I had a 3d/4d ultrasound last night and my little one gave us a few good pics of her face, the rest of the time she kept putting her feet in her face lol they estimated her weight at 2lbs 12oz. I am getting so excited to meet her and want to just get everything set up and washed but my husband keeps telling me its still to soon. I have my next midwife appointment on the 16th and an ultrasound to check the baby's weight at the end of the month.

Mrs. Tigger: Camping out at home doesn't sound like fun. Will the renovations last much longer? Good luck on your second glucose test!

Kiki: I wouldn't care if names sounded similar, especially if it's a name I really like. I say if you picked a name you love then go with it.

crazy: Congrats on passing! Glad to hear that your mom got an appointment as well. The urge to wash things is real. I'm trying to hold off so I don't have to wash everything things twice!

AFM: Unfortunately, I failed the 3-hour test. I met with the dietician and learned how to test and count carbs and all that. So far my numbers have been within range so I'm hoping I can control this with diet and exercise. I'll see the dietician again next week to go over numbers, and if they're all within range, I'll see her once in June and then that's it. I have to make sure I test four times a day. Good thing it doesn't hurt!

I saw my ob yesterday and baby girl sounds good. I think she might be head down since her kicks are much higher than they have been. We also made all appointments leading up to due date! Starting the second week in June I'll go weekly. Time is just flying by at this point. It feels like I just got my positive and now I'm 30 weeks along.

I’m back! 32+2 weeks and counting!

Welcome, Mrs. Tigger!

Crazy- So sorry to hear about your mom. How is she doing?

Kiki- We just aren’t telling anyone. DH likes the idea that it’s our secret. Also keeps the gendered baby shower craziness to a minimum. Though there is a lot of craziness in general with the shower, so I’m not sure it mattered. Lol. What did you decide about the name?

Cheshire- Sorry about the GD test. How are things going with the diet?

AFM- All seems to be going well outside of not wanting to eat much and being told by my OB that I need to up my calories so both baby and I have energy. Baby has been pretty active and happy in there though. I’ve been doing PT for a hip issue, but we just switched to pushing mechanics and it is great. I’m hoping it will do the job and reduce my chances of tearing badly during birth (which is what it is meant to do). We just tried out a bunch of birth positions and pushing in those positions. I’m hoping the practice will pay off in the end.

What’s going on with you ladies?

It is confirmed that my mom does have cancer, She has surgery this Friday. It is a big surgery and we were told the recovery will be hard. I have been making sure she gets up and moving around a lot to help build endurance before the surgery per doctors orders. Pregnancy wise I am doing well. I have been getting Braxton hicks contractions which most of the time are not bad. The other day I took mom to the zoo and we were walking all day, I had to sit down a few times because the contractions hurt. Thankfully after resting they went away. I do have pelvic girdle pain a lot. I went to the chiropractor yesterday hoping for relief, but there wasn't much to be had. Looks like it will be my new normal until baby gets here. We put up our pack and play last night, its making me really itch to get everything else done and settled as well!

Crazy- How did your mom’s surgery go? Braxton Hicks can be intense sometimes. Are they becoming more frequent for you? I feel like I have them almost every day at this point, but they are mostly painless. How is the pelvic girdle pain?

AFM- I am becoming more tired and have less energy. No idea how I’m supposed to nest like this, but maybe wanting to nest comes with a burst of energy?

Next ultrasound is on Friday for me. I can’t wait to see how big Bubs has grown. Lol.

My mom's surgeryhad to be postponed because her blood sugar was over 400. They admitted her for a little bit to adjust her insulin so they could get her blood sugar down. She has an appointment next Wednesday, we should hopefully find out when they will do the surgery then. My pelvic pain is still pretty bad, I have certain parts of the day that's not so bad, but by the end of the day it hurts to move. I have Braxton hicks contractions several times a day, thankfully I haven't had any painful ones sinve the day at the zoo. I am tired all the time too, it's hard to find energy most days! I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning to check on the baby's size and I have a midwife appointment afterwards.

In had my ultrasound this morning and our little girl is doing great! They estimate her weight to be 4lbs 11oz, and her head is measuring 2 weeks ahead. Thats not uncommon for my babies though, my other 2 had big heads too lol.

DBZ: Hello! How are you feeling? How goes PT/push practice? I hope you're able to find some energy. I know that feeling.

Crazy: Oh man, sorry to hear about your mom's surgery being rescheduled. 400! Oh geeze. Did they reschedule it? Everything under control now? Glad to hear your ultrasound went well!

AFM: So far, my GD is controlled with diet and exercise, and I'm hoping to stay that way. If I move to insulin (the place I go to and my doctors don't do metformin or any other pill), then we'll talk induction and possible c-section. It feels like I'm the only one who hasn't had any growth scan! I had an appointment yesterday where my doctor checked on position, and I was right! She's currently head down! She really loves to stick her foot in my ribs.

Exhaustion has hit me as well. I've been trying to find the energy to start up baby's laundry, which is pretty much the only thing I have left to do. All my nesting came in second trimester which I'm really thankful for! So now I have to wash all her linen, towels, and clothes. I plan only to wash NB and 0-3 mo to start. I also started to pack my hospital bag just to have it ready.

I've become a bit of a hermit with the weather getting into the mid-90s (F) outside. Even inside in the a/c sometimes I feel too hot and have trouble cooling down.

Hope everyone is doing well! I can't believe we can actually say we're having our babies next month. Where has the time gone?

They are planning to reschedule my mom's surgery within 2 weeks we are just waiting for the call from the scheduler. Thankfully her blood sugars are much better most of them are under 200 which the doctor is happy with. Anyone else having strong Braxton hicks contractions? I have them everyday, but last night I was concerned I would have to go to the hospital. They were really strong, it was uncomfortable to sit down. I was having a lot of pressure down there as well as in my bottom. It was uncomfortable to move. I ended up laying down on my left side for awhile, it eventually went away but it hurt like that until 5 am this morning. Baby's been moving fine today and still having Braxton hicks but these are not painful and no pressure.

crazy: That's great they were able to control your mom's sugars! Hoping the surgery will go through without any problems. I get BH when I overdo things and don't allow myself enough rest. I was told if they get painful, or if I drink water and lay down and they don't go away to call or go in for monitoring. So far I've been able to stop them.

Down to weekly appointments so I got seen today. Baby is still head down with her butt sticking out right above my belly button. Also got the GSB swab today. My doctor decided to give me a referral for a growth scan between 37-38 weeks just to make sure since I was a bit nervous with GD and a big baby getting stuck.

Oh, the swelling started but only in my right foot. I was waiting for that to happen. It's still so crazy to me how fast time is going at this point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"