July Jewels 2019! ^^

Anyone else having RLP like crazy? I’m getting it on both sides lately. Feels like every day my belly is stretching out to its limits and my right hip and leg are bothering me to no end. I had issues with the same hip and leg pre-pregnancy, but it has just lingered on, becoming more bothersome every day. Ugh.

But on the plus side, baby is big enough that I feel him/her every day, especially if I drink orange juice. Baby gets hype after orange juice. :) :cloud9: I love being able to feel my Bubs and knowing they are okay in there.
I’ve not really had RLP but I feel like my bump is so big already is about the size I was with my second at 30ish weeks and I’m only 21 weeks! My last babies have been pretty big (8lb 6 and 8lb 13) and I’m quite petite so I’m terrified about how big this one is going to be lol!

That’s fab bout u being able to feel
Bubs moving around in there I’ve been feeling it for around 4/5 weeks now. It’s so reassuring isn’t it?

So do we have any other gender announcements? x

DBZ - YES! Hip pain is the main reason I got my pregnancy pillow. I've also been having really bad RLP. I got a belly band hearing that it helps but it hasn't helped me so next step is a belly belt. I'm getting my energy back finally and now I have RLP that keeps stopping me when I clean. But I also get it if I haven't been moving for a while and I get up no matter how slowly I move.

That's great that you can feel Bubs every day! Such a magical feeling!

Tess - I hear if you're not a FTM your body just kinda knows what to do so you show earlier. Did the same thing happen with your second?

AFM - Crib has been bought! Now to just put it together. There have been so many sales on clothes that I've gone a bit overboard on buying them. Carter's, Old Navy, and Walmart. I keep justifying it because I'm saving money.

As for my anatomy scan... Baby started off with butt in the air fast asleep. Pretty much how I slept as a kid (and sometimes as an adult when I can stomach sleep). Soon as the scan started baby woke up and cooperated for the entire scan. The tech asked us if we wanted to know the sex and if she should say it out loud or write it in an envelope. We told her to just say it as soon as she was sure. The room was nice with a large TV allowing us to see everything she was doing so whenever she went down to the legs I kept looking and knew before she announced it.

Proud to announce we're having a baby girl! My mom was in the store when we told her and apparently, she screamed and began to cry so much that people ran over to make sure she was okay. Baby has been getting more and more active and really reacts to our cats when they meow or cuddle. :cloud9:

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 10.19.18 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 10.19.44 AM.png

DBZ - YES! Hip pain is the main reason I got my pregnancy pillow. I've also been having really bad RLP. I got a belly band hearing that it helps but it hasn't helped me so next step is a belly belt. I'm getting my energy back finally and now I have RLP that keeps stopping me when I clean. But I also get it if I haven't been moving for a while and I get up no matter how slowly I move.

That's great that you can feel Bubs every day! Such a magical feeling!

Tess - I hear if you're not a FTM your body just kinda knows what to do so you show earlier. Did the same thing happen with your second?

AFM - Crib has been bought! Now to just put it together. There have been so many sales on clothes that I've gone a bit overboard on buying them. Carter's, Old Navy, and Walmart. I keep justifying it because I'm saving money.

As for my anatomy scan... Baby started off with butt in the air fast asleep. Pretty much how I slept as a kid (and sometimes as an adult when I can stomach sleep). Soon as the scan started baby woke up and cooperated for the entire scan. The tech asked us if we wanted to know the sex and if she should say it out loud or write it in an envelope. We told her to just say it as soon as she was sure. The room was nice with a large TV allowing us to see everything she was doing so whenever she went down to the legs I kept looking and knew before she announced it.

Proud to announce we're having a baby girl! My mom was in the store when we told her and apparently, she screamed and began to cry so much that people ran over to make sure she was okay. Baby has been getting more and more active and really reacts to our cats when they meow or cuddle. :cloud9:

View attachment 1056431 View attachment 1056433

Ouchy on the pain! Hopefully the belly belt will help.

It didn’t happen with my second actually lol! I was smaller with him than my daughter even though he was a bigger baby and I showed much later too.

Oh yay! Congrats glad to hear all went well with your scan! That’s 2 baby girl announcements so I’m pretty sure I’m having a boy now lol x

I had my anatomy scan today and they confirmed that we are indeed having another little girl. I am so excited! We have to have another ultrasound at my next appointment becaude they couldnt get all the measurements because she was moving around a lot.

We have ours on Monday! Fingers crossed for a healthy babe!

Congrats on a girl!!!

I had my scan last month, but forgot to attach a pic. I'll throw one on this post. :)
20190213_image_101.jpg

I'm having such terrible hip pain right now. I have another appointment with my OB on Friday. so I'll talk to him about it then. But, at least the Snoogle helps at night and I wake up feeling pretty good. As the day goes on though, that is when things get rough.

DH was finally able to feel Bubs from the outside and it was such a sweet moment. Bubs is getting bigger! I can't wait to finally meet this little one. Only two weeks until V-day!

How are you ladies doing?

Last edited:
crazy: Congrats on another girl!

kiki: I hope the scan went well and they were able to get everything they needed.

DBZ: Cute scan pic! I'm there with you on the hip pain. Hope your doctor has some good recommendations.

AFM: Had an appointment today and got to see our girl! I noticed that the doctor does an u/s while the NP uses the doppler. She was sleeping with her butt in the air and refused to turn for the doctor, but we got to hear the heartbeat again.

They scheduled me for my glucose test next month and said at my next appointment we'll schedule the rest of them for the rest of the pregnancy. It's going by so fast! My doctor told me if my hip pain gets worse then she can set me up with physical therapy to try and help with the pain. I'm going to dig out my tape measure and order the belly belt sometime within the next few weeks.

Other than that things are good here! Going to put the crib together this weekend (hopefully). DST is really messing me up this year, too. Just want to sleep all day.

Omg...DST was the worst this year. I felt like death warmed over on Monday and then realized it was DST’s fault.

I hope your hip pain gets better with the belt! How sweet, you got to see your girl, even if she was not cooperating. Good luck with the glucose test. I’m not looking forward to that one.

Just realized that I have updated since my scan!.. We had our scan on Monday. We had a new tech that did it. We weren't really sure that she was new until her trainer came in and helped assist with the last couple shots. She was very nice but very by the book - so she told us nothing! It was awful - I asked at one point if there was 2 kidneys on the screen and her response was "I can't tell you that, the radiologist is the one that reads everything." Well yes I understand that - but you can't say anything!??!… I know she was just going by the book, but with our first our tech was very informative, pointing out different parts and kept us at ease. This tech just convinced me that something was wrong with my baby. Wouldn't even explain measurements - good thing I'm snoopy - so I was watching the screen like a hawk for that stuff. :winkwink: Regardless we had to wait til TODAY for our doctor appointment to discuss the ultrasound - everything looks great! They were unable to get a couple heart shots as baby was ridiculously uncooperative - did a complete flip during the ultrasound! :haha: But we missed the same things with our dtr and never did a f/u ultrasound - so DH and I will discuss this weekend and let our doctor know next week if we would like another US at 24 weeks. Problem is we have a high deductible health insurance plan so we will end up paying some for a f/u ultrasound, same amt we have to pay for this one, so not sure if we want to pay for it, if it won't change our outcome. Our deductible rolls June 30 - so I'd rather not keep racking up extras until after July 1st! Our doctor is leaving it completely up to us....

On to the exciting news ------ It's a boy!!! I was SHOCKED when we found out. I looked at the tech and said "you have to be kidding me!" Of course I was laughing when I said it. DH was literally giddy. He is so excited. I am getting use to the idea - and now since we've verified that everything is healthy - I am getting pretty excited too! It's a whole new world to think boy. I was so dead set this baby was a girl, it's been She since I found out at 4 weeks. :haha: The pregnancy was EXACTLY the same as my first, we even had a name for a girl - but there is definitely no denying the potty shot! Most def a boy.:lol: So we are at zero on the name list and on clothes. So bring on the shopping! :)

To the ladies with hip pain: I hope that gets better soon! I can imagine how painful that would be as you go on with baby getting nothing but bigger! :( … My sciatic issues disappeared around 19 weeks - and life got much better at that point!

Hope everyone is doing well - can't believe we are already past half way! This is going wayyyyyy to fast. I'm starting to mentally freak a bit about the thought of having 2 kiddos.!

DBZ: Thanks! Some people are saying it's not that bad, just the drink is way too sweet. Some people say to chug the drink. It doesn't sound pleasant at all.

kiki: Congrats on the boy! Sorry you got a tech who wouldn't tell you anything. At our anatomy scan, there was a big TV so we could see as she labeled everything and she announced what she was labeling. Sounds like things are good!

And yes, time is going by so quickly! This is my first and I keep having minor freakouts about wanting to be done on time.

AFM - Got the crib and changing table put together! On Thursday the glider chair will be delivered which means this weekend I can arrange the nursery perfectly. We're not painting since it's a rental, but I have wall decals to put up so I'm excited.

Does anyone have plans on when they're going to be washing all the clothes and baby linen? I don't want to wash things too early, but I'm not really sure on that timeline since this is my first. I also need to figure out when to buy diapers. My plan is to buy a pack of NB and a box of size 1 since I don't know what size we'll need, or if she'll have issues with the diapers I picked out.

So many little things to figure out!

Chesire - We washed all of DD clothes with "Dreft stage 1". It worked perfect for us. We still use it just have moved up the stages. We started washing clothes around 35-36 weeks - but my body wasn't showing any signs of anything so we weren't in any hurry! :haha: It's hard when you don't know what your body will do!

We also started buying diapers really early on the first time. I basically got any type that was on sale. Now I know my favorite - pampers swaddlers for newborn and Target for size 1 and up, I am only focusing on those. We were lucky the first time around and our baby had zero issues with any diapers so I was able to use any type I bought. But each baby is different - so not sure how this time will work for me! I do recommend stocking up on the good sales if you can - we didn't have to buy any diapers until DD turned 1 because we had such a good stock pile!

In regards to the glucose drink/testing. I didn't think the 1hr was bad at all - however I hear the 3hr tastes much worse. Yuck! Hopefully I can avoid the 3hr again this time around!

Thanks for the info, kiki! I heard good things about Target diapers. It's my plan to try and use those so I'll keep an eye out for deals! Wow, enough diapers until she turned one. That's a lot of great deals!

I'm thinking I want everything washed by 37 weeks so it's fresh. My plans are to only wash NB and 0-3. I'll wash the other sizes as I need them.

It's nice hearing the 1 hour isn't terrible. Still not looking forward to it, though.

Hope you're doing well!

How is everyone doing choosing names? Have you decided on a name or still narrowing one down?

How is everyone doing choosing names? Have you decided on a name or still narrowing one down?

DH is super picky, but I think we've settled on a name for a boy and a name for a girl. We'll keep a couple in our back pocket, just in case though. :)

AFM- My hip has still been bad, so I started PT to help with the pain. I'm hoping that it will help over time. My PT is also helping with general pregnancy stuff, like strengthening my pelvic floor and decreasing my chances of separating abs, so I feel like it was a good call. Plus. I tried a belly belt and it just made my pain worse.

Made it past V-Day. :happydance: :happydance: Next up is a scan next week Thursday and the glucose tolerance test the day after that. Lots going on...I'm just hoping all is well. it seems to be going pretty well judging by how often Bubs kicks me and lets me know how s/he feels about what's going on in the world. Bubs is not impressed by my cat that meows at my stomach in the mornings and wakes Bubs up. lol. Wouldn't change this experience...it's just been amazing.

crazy4baby - We came up with a list of names while TTC. DH is very "I don't know a name until I meet the _____" so I wasn't sure how it was going to go. Once he saw her on the ultrasound at the anatomy scan we looked at each other and knew instantly which name we were going with.

DBZ - Good luck in PT. I hope it helps with the hip pain for you. Also good luck with the glucose test. It's all going so fast now!

AFM - Did the glucose test today and it really wasn't as bad as people were making it out to be. It tasted like a melted otter pop that had been chilled. The only thing I wasn't happy about is once you start drinking it you have 5 minutes to get it down and I'm not good with drinking things quickly. I was able to do it, though! Now to just wait for those results.

While I waited the hour I had an appointment. Baby girl's heartbeat sounds great! At one point the doppler picked up both of our heartbeats at once and I nearly cried. Going into 2-week appointments now and I set up the hospital tour and the meet & greet with the pediatrician. I can't believe third trimester is around the corner!

How is everyone doing with prep? Any done nurseries? Baby showers planned? It's going to be July before we know it!

We had a lost of 4 names (2 girls, 2 boys) before we concieved any of our kids so we are going down the list. We only have 1 boy name left after this baby. I have my second GD test at my next appt in a couple weeks. We have most of what we need for our little one, still need to buy a good diaper bag and start stocking up on diapers. My church usually throws a diaper shower toward the end of the pregnancy but I am not sure I want that this time. I always appreciate the diapers, just not keen on being the center of attention, I will jist see how I feel about it when it gets closer to time. We don't have a nursery this time, baby will be rooming with us until she is 1yo, then she will be moving into her sister's room.

Chesire: yay for the glucose test not being bad! I didn't think it was too bad either the first time around! Did you end up passing?

Crazy4baby: We also need to a better diaper bag. DD will be 2.5 and not potty trained so we still need some stuff for her. Do you have any picked out? We really like backpack styles. My hubby doesn't mind wearing those around. lol

DBZ: It feels great to make it past V-day!! I think now that I have - I am guessing everyone else has, as I think I may be one of the later due dates with 7/27.

AFM: I am starting to work on a nursery. DD & DS will share a relatively small room so we are having to be creative. I was on pintrest and found some cute ideas so I am excited to get started!.. We've picked out a name! I'm shocked we found one we liked this quickly. I was looking on Etsy at going home outfits and I saw this name on a onesie - mentioned it to my husband and it just stuck. It's unique enough that we know no one else with it, but not so weird that it will catch people off guard. lol. So I am excited! I will be 25 weeks this Sat - I feel really good - I am hoping this all lasts. Baby Boy moves like a mad man - much more than his sister did at this point! I just can't believe hos fast everything has been going - we're almost to May and then life really speeds up with more frequent appts and summer!

We are looking at backpack style diaper bags as well, just haven't settled on one yet, we have been looking in Amazon because I haven't had much luck at the stores.

We’ve got our registry set and baby shower is supposed to be around the end of May, beginning of June. We picked a grey backpack style diaper bag for DH too. Lol.

The GD test went well in that I don’t have GD, but drinking that orange drink made me feel so sick. I could barely function until it got out of my system. And it’s put me off sweets...

Scan went really well. Baby is measuring a week ahead at this point so they are no longer worried about fibroids or the position of the umbilical cord affecting growth. Now they want to make sure baby doesn’t get too big, so I have another scan at 32 weeks. Baby was so sweet and they’ve grown hair! I’m also fairly sure that baby has DH’s nose, which I think is cute. I can’t wait to see baby on the outside!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->