• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

July Mommies Club x

YOu boil the kettle and leave it for 30 mins then add the formula. The heat kills any bacteria. But you should then run the bottle under hte cold tap if you want to feed LO straight away. And I premake a few, storing them in the fridge when they have cooled properly. I then pop the bottle in a bowl of hot water to heat x

YOu boil the kettle and leave it for 30 mins then add the formula. The heat kills any bacteria. But you should then run the bottle under hte cold tap if you want to feed LO straight away. And I premake a few, storing them in the fridge when they have cooled properly. I then pop the bottle in a bowl of hot water to heat x

Thanks :) What do you do if you're going out and want to take formula? I assume you could put one feed for an hour or two's time in one of those cool bags, but what about if you needed to take more than one for much later in the day?

at a baby group i go to they just bring along cooled boiled water and mix formula to that, but as you say sarah you're not meant to do that as formula itself isn't sterile... i think best thing in that case is to take formula if going to someone's house as you can boil water, but if not you can buy ready made formula cartons which are completely sterile and you just transfer it to bottle when you wanna use it...

exactly... or someone recommended a really genious idea.... say your baby takes 6oz per feed. Put 4oz cooled boiled water into each bottle then when you are out just add 2oz boiling water from a thermos flask and add your formula! Bingo! :) xx

I asked my HV this when she came around and she said that as long as the bottles are made with boiling water (within 10 mins of kettle being boiled) and refridgerarted as soon as cooled you can make formula in advance (3 bottles max) and they have to be in the body of the fridge as the door doesnt get as cool.

She also said that you are fine to take bottles out with you pre-made but dont go silly on the amount of time they are not refridgerated. i.e. more than 6 hours after being cooled. As long as this is not regular practice - EG everyday then it shouldnt cause any difficulty!!

WL - I know, it doesnt seem that long ago we were sat chatting about me having my show and hoping it all came on soon!! little did we know it would be quicker than expected!!

right off to bed I think - only me and Blake in the morning so might see if I can teach him the long awaited LIE IN!!! ha ha - doubt he will be that good!!

gem - yeah i keep hoping isabel will magically learn to lie in, or at least snooze again after her 6am feed...no such luck! she's like a little lightbulb goes on and that's it...even if she happily lays in her basket awake she's so noisy i can't doze anyway :dohh:

ha ha - you'll never guess what? - he slept in until 8.40am!! sorry but twenty to nine is a lie in where I come from!! well at least since I had kids anyway!! Well done Blakey boy!! although he did wake up with a mighty cold and a sticky eye!! have put him in bed with a lovely rub of snuffle babe!!

Wow Gem, that's great. We had a late start too, by our new standards, lol, Max slept 8pm to 6.45am. Kinda weird to wake up and realise you haven't been up in the night!

Right kadies- how are you doing it???? I am desperate for Harris to sleep through!!!x

aww hun :hugs: some babies just aren't ready for it and you have to go at their pace from what i've read, but in case you're not doing it already here's the advice i've read:
- dreamfeeding when you go to bed (e.g. 10 or 11pm)
- dragging out feeding when they wake (e.g. they wake at 4am so you change bum and walk them round house a bit so they get feed at 4:15 which can in time space feeds out longer and longer)
- working on helping baby to self settle so when they wake in night they will only cry if definately need something, not just cos they need help to go back to sleep

hope this helps in some way :)

I agree with wishing - but dragging out the feeds is a definate help. I did this with Blake, when he woke up I tried getting him back to sleep for a while and then snuggling him and walking round and only when he was desperate for a feed did I give him a bottle. Sounds cruel but they reckon they only carry on waking because they are used to having that middle of the night feed. if you can make it later and later they will wake up later and later and get out of the habit.

Well it worked with Blake - he is now a 12 hour a night boy!!

OMG! Just had Max weighed and he's put on 410g (1 lb) in the last week! He's now 6.6kg (14lb 8oz).

He's slept through a few more times too (8pm - 7am). My tip would be to make sure they're really well fed in the later part of the day and before bed. Also, don't rush to feed them when they wake as they can sometimes just resettle themselves back to sleep.

Max has the flatest patch on one side of his head. We're off to see an osterpath to see if they can help :wacko:

I've stopped refigeratering our bottles as our fridge has taken to freezing things!! My HV said I can leave them out on the side so long as I dont allow the sun to get to them etc...but she's an idiot anyway. When I go to my mums I just make them up there...I'm quite lucky as I know when Caitlyn will want a feed so can prepare it beforehand if I'm out...on the train journeys I've been on with her I always ask them beforehand for water / take a thermos flask. Am lucky again here as she likes her milk at room temperature not warmed.

Ben prefers his bottles cold or room temp anything more than that and he tends to throw them up. My HV also said what yours did Gem and we have been doing that since he was born and never had problems.

How much are all your little ones taking? Ben is on Staydown milk which is really thick so he isn't meant to take as much as he would with usual milk (he was wanting 9oz at 4/5weeks) but lately he has gone back to wanting his full 9oz. I'm giving it him because his weight gain is right o track so he obviously must need it but out of curiousity how much is everyone else giving them?

Ben wakes for his feed at 7.30 when Chris goes to work then it's back off to sleep till 11am which means i get a lie in if i want one lol :)

5oz every four hours or so. She's on Cow and Gate Comfort...was on Aptimel Easy Digest. Tis also thicker before that she was on 6oz.

I think so long as the weight gain is fine and you think its ok then it is :thumbup:

hey my gourgous ladies :)

gossh im just getting over a chest infection :( aaliyah seems 2 have caught it a bit but she seems 2 be coping more than i did, me doctor put me on a high dose of antibiotics so it would go into my milk 2 help her thank god :)

We went to our first famliy wedding and me being me wanted to wear our wedding ring and it got stuck my finger went blue :( had 2 get it cut off was gutted so i brought a replacement lol mervs gonna get my oriaginal fixed for me tho

as for routines aaliyah slept 12-6 the other night and it was a day that i was really suffering so think she knew mummy was not well and gave me a rest :) she naps during the day gets her self off 2 sleep wakes for feeds and same again, she sleeps 6-8 8-10 10-12 then 12-4 or 5. then sleeps till 9 :) its something I can live with as she is not up long when she does wake at night its feed nappy then bed so i really cant complain.

And TMI my sex life is ace hahah thought it was gonna fade away but canbt seem 2 keep our hands off each other think its something to do with him being the father 2 ouur baby makes him even more attracted 2 me :)

Hello guys, long time no talk.

Been busy. Kid is growing like a weed. He's as tall as the short side of his play yard. Last I weighed him, he was around 14lbs.

Had mastitis a couple times, so bad that I had fever and chills.

Other than that, things are just keeping on.

Hey ladies,

G - hope your doing well, nice to hear from you!!

Elley - Blake takes around 8 oz every 4 hours of SMA white (hungrier baby)but I have found he doesnt eat half as much as my first!! Lewis was like Ben constantly wanting full bottles and then getting smaller time between them. He ended up on solids at 8 weeks old!! he was a bigger baby tho and we seem to have got a little further with Blake but dont think he'll last much longer!! He gets really excited when other people eat and drools alot when we are cooking. Also constantly has his fist in his mouth and the feeds are creeping closer together!! hoping we can hold out little longer!!

:hi: july mummys dint even know u was ere, morgans11wk n massive he weighed 16lb1oz yday :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->