July Moms to be.....

Congratulations Harriet o!! I wish you a speedy recovery. X

Congrats Harriet O!! So happy to hear that you and baby are doing well!! xxoo

On Father's Day, June 17th, my husband took our daughter to the pool. My contractions had eased off some but I started having mild cramps, which I did not think much of since I had been having them for a week or so. I sat down in the living room to watch TV and all of a sudden I felt a sudden LARGE amount of fluid come out. For a split second I thought, "There is no way this is my water breaking at 36 weeks." So I convinced myself I just had an accident somehow. So, I got up to go to the bathroom and there it went... a TON of water just coming out. I panicked and ran, grabbed a towel, sat on the toilet, more started to come out. I was scared to death. I was frantically trying to call my husband but no answer, they were in the pool. I had someone go up and get them while I grabbed the hospital bag. Our hospital is 45 minutes away, we got there in about 25. I was immediately checked in and the nurses seemed skeptical at first about whether or not my water really broke, so I was given a test.. sure enough, the fluid tested positive for amniotic. They notified the doctor on call and prepared us for a potential immediate c-section. I was checked in the hospital around 6:30, we had our baby girl at 8:38pm, barely 2 hours after check in, via c-section.

Alice Winter weighed 6lbs and 5 oz. The c-section was somewhat like I remembered my first one... scary... as soon as I heard her cry I started to cry. This time my husband filmed her coming out. We didn't get the chance with our first because it was an emergency and he left the camera in our room. I watched it, SO weird!

We stayed 3 days and got to come home. I am so happy about that. The hospital bed was killing me. So... we were suppose to have her on July 5th, turns out she wanted to see her daddy for Father's Day instead. I still cannot believe she is here.

Attachments

• photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2
  • photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 2
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1
Awww Breakingdawn congrats on your beautiful baby girl! So glad you both are happy and healthy!!

Awww congrats Breakingdawn. And the photo of her with her big sis is just adorable!!

Breakingdawn! Our 2nd July baby born in June! Congrats she is gorgeous, really lovely pics! X

Thank you so much ladies! I feel a little sad our journey was cut short but so glad she's here with us now! Her big sister is very excited to have her home finally. And I don't think I'll be able to top Father's day next year!!! :)

congrats breakingdawn!!! fathers day will be one super special day for u all for years to come! :happydance:

How is everyone doing? I have my c-section scheduled for July 2nd. But honestly I am hoping to go into labor before then! My previa has moved and she is small enough (i have a history of large babies) for me to have a vbac. But I have to go into labor. They will not induce me :( So praying this weekend or next week I go into labor.

As far as the way I am feeling...yikes! My hips hurt. They hurt when I sit to long, when I walk to long, when I stand to long or when I lay down to long. So all the time!! HAHA. But really I guess I could feel wosre :)

How is everyone doing? I have my c-section scheduled for July 2nd. But honestly I am hoping to go into labor before then! My previa has moved and she is small enough (i have a history of large babies) for me to have a vbac. But I have to go into labor. They will not induce me :( So praying this weekend or next week I go into labor.

As far as the way I am feeling...yikes! My hips hurt. They hurt when I sit to long, when I walk to long, when I stand to long or when I lay down to long. So all the time!! HAHA. But really I guess I could feel wosre :)

Sorry your hips hurt hun:hugs: My pelvis hurts and all night I get these premenstrual aches like I'm going to get AF but nothing ever happens, starting to annoy me! I need to have her now as she is already too big and they will have to induce! eeeek!

Ok ladies, finally ready to update.

I was due 10th july and after my 4th trip to admissions with high bp they decided to monitor me overnight. That night 2 drs did a sweep and mentioned induction the following day, which clearly shocked me. The following day they decided they would give me meds and try to get me to term.

I had bad reactions to all the meds and the protein in my urine and the swelling was getting worse, as was the bp. So they decided to induce me in Sunday 17 June at 36+5. The la our was awful, my bp spiked to 199/118 and I got a temp. My fluid had to be closely monitored and I was allowed 90mls of water per hour. Baby was back to back and drs insisted on an epidural as they said my bp wouldn't cope otherwise. Drs had to rush in and give me magnesium sulphate to prevent a seizure and I had to get iv antibiotics for the infection that had put my temp up. I had a 9.5 hour labour which ended with a forceps delivery ask just couldn't push anymore. I'd had 5 hours sleep in the 3 days leading up to the induction and just couldn't do it anymore.

So Ethan arrived at 10.30am on 18 June 2012 over 3 weeks early. He was 6lb 9.5 and is doing great. I had to stay in hospital for 6 days after the birth and it was so hard as I needed a blood transfusion and was still v sick and yet had still to feed and change baby etc, all of which I thought I'd be doing at home with support.

So we are both home and despite a few v tough days at the start trying to recover and adjust to life at home, all is good and I just adore my wee son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->