JULY TESTERS! please sign in!! 9 BFP so far!

Thanks Odi. Yeah, our ages are in my siggy too.

It's just so damn frustrating. What a rollercoaster TTC is, hey? :(

:hugs: i know honey.. im a friggin emotional wreck! its like i wanna say it will happen when its meant to happen.. but I WANT IT TO HAPPEN NOW!!! its crappy peeing on a friggin stick and having the stoopid thing mock you with another BFN :growlmad: im not exactly getting any younger either :dohh:

I'll be testing on the 28th :)

mee too .. just hope can hold on that long ( just bought some tests , the concentration says 25 miu , so will have to wait atleast a day after AFs due (thats 25th)

:hugs: i know honey.. im a friggin emotional wreck! its like i wanna say it will happen when its meant to happen.. but I WANT IT TO HAPPEN NOW!!! its crappy peeing on a friggin stick and having the stoopid thing mock you with another BFN :growlmad: im not exactly getting any younger either :dohh:

I hear ya. At least we're in good company, hey? :hugs:

I got a positive ovulation on my cycle day 21 blood test. So if the witch doesn't get me next week I'll be testing on the 30th. fx!!! Praying for a sticky bean and lots of baby dust.

Welcome Kbrain!

your faint positive on day 8 is great news! I'd say you probably pulled it off!

As for me, I also had an IUI (July 2nd). I just tested negative on a HPT at 14DPO. I am devastated. My official test date isnt until Tuesday, but I don't hold out much hope.

Any one else out there get a positive AFTER 14DPO?

Thanks, but i think I'm out.... the faint positive never showed up again, and by now I think I may have been imagining it. It's now 14dpo and my period should be here today/tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty gutted - not really sure I want to do another IUI. If the first one didn't work, why should the second? DH wants to do whatever I want to do... too bad all I want to do is to feel sorry for myself. :(

I am so sorry K - I know how you feel. I had my negative confirmed on tuesday by blood test. In the days since I have gone through every emotion - and every thought. It has been a very painful week. At first I felt sure I couldnt go through it again but after lots of conv back and forth with my doctor I decided (today) to give it another round. I am at Day 1 so I just re-ordered my meds. It seems as soon as they are finally out of my system and i am starting to feel close to myself again (except for a god awfully painful period) - I am about to jump right back in and do it all over again. I am not sure if I am crazy now, or seeing things more clearly..

let me know what you decide. If you are not up against a biological clock (the way some of us are) - maybe take a month off to see how you feel?

T.

I am so sorry K - I know how you feel. I had my negative confirmed on tuesday by blood test. In the days since I have gone through every emotion - and every thought. It has been a very painful week. At first I felt sure I couldnt go through it again but after lots of conv back and forth with my doctor I decided (today) to give it another round. I am at Day 1 so I just re-ordered my meds. It seems as soon as they are finally out of my system and i am starting to feel close to myself again (except for a god awfully painful period) - I am about to jump right back in and do it all over again. I am not sure if I am crazy now, or seeing things more clearly..

let me know what you decide. If you are not up against a biological clock (the way some of us are) - maybe take a month off to see how you feel?

T.

Thanks TryinginDC, so sorry to hear about your negative. Since I started testing at DPO 9, sounds like I had a very similar week as you. I could not believe it, another failed month, then felt like I just can't do it again, then had a breakdown/freakout w/my DH and then felt like maybe I'm going mental. Since I'm 36 I can't really afford to wait... I'll probably get AF tomorrow so we'll have to decide asap what to do next.

T.

Thanks TryinginDC, so sorry to hear about your negative. Since I started testing at DPO 9, sounds like I had a very similar week as you. I could not believe it, another failed month, then felt like I just can't do it again, then had a breakdown/freakout w/my DH and then felt like maybe I'm going mental. Since I'm 36 I can't really afford to wait... I'll probably get AF tomorrow so we'll have to decide asap what to do next.

Trying -how many IUIs have you done? I'm trying to find some hope that doing another one won't have the exact same result....

After talking to our RE yesterday, we're starting our second attempt at IUI w/injectibles & Femara. I have so much Menopur left over that I could do two more rounds without having to buy more (I only use up 6 vials per cycle). Although I was soooo discouraged a couple of days ago, and totally down on this whole TTC thing, our Re said that based on how well I responded to the meds that we need to try a couple more rounds of IUI - I was ready to jump straight to IVf. Another factor is that he said that he may have miss-timed the iui since my two leading follicles were at 21 and 19 two days before the iui and we may have missed ovulation. I'm hoping this is true!
In either case, I went in for my baseline u/s and b/w today and got the all clear to start Femara tonight. Hoping for the best!!!!
In other goods news, I found out that our insurance will go a lot further than I originally thought. We have Cigna and they cover 100% of fertility treatments, including IVF and injectibles, but up to $10K. Originally I thought this may cover 1 IUI or two at most, before it ran out. I went through this cycle without having a clue as to how much I was using every time I went in for monitoring, etc. Part of me didn't want to know. Last night I finally logged on and checked out all of the filed claims. It turns out that the entire IUI cost less than $600 toward my $10K max, and the medication ran another $2,100 (which will be enough for three rounds of IUI). After that, we may still have another $5K left over to use toward IVF (which the IVF coordinator at my clinic claims is enough for one cycle... since amounts charged to insurance is about 1/3 of what they charge individuals paying cash. Not fair!) But I guess we're lucky - if you have to be infertile, at least it's nice to have some coverage. Maybe things are looking up? :wacko:

I'm testing in the am fx I hope this is it. DH and I said no clomid for a little while if this cycle didn't do it. As is if this is the baby will arrive just in time for summer season DH's busiest time. But we're hoping for an April fool.

just a quick update guys, got back from holiday yesterday, tested this morning and got my bfp!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:xxxx

i couldn't wait to test! so I took one this morning and I'm out- BFN for me.

I'm out the witch got me 2 times this month!!!spoiled my Disney trip to top it off! This bloody witch has got to go, I'm sick of her!

T.

Trying -how many IUIs have you done? I'm trying to find some hope that doing another one won't have the exact same result....

Hi KBrain,
Sorry for the long delay -- I needed to take some time off to try to feel like myself again. I have had 2 medicated IUIs this summer. ShadyGrove wants me to have another -- even though they told me I only have about a 5% chance of having a baby. It has been pretty devastating. I wanted some time away from the meds to think things over and am now thinking of trying one shot of IVF before it really is to late -- if I can find someplace that I can afford (definitely not shady grove - I kept insisting for my test results from my last round only to be put off and then have them finally admit that even though I paid for an entire cycle they never did my FSH etc testing this time. they also destroyed one of my sperm samples in the past.. I could go on. needless to say, I have really had it with their money-making operational ethic.

As for your age, take heart. You really still are young. I am 43. The tragic thing is my prospects for getting pregnant were still fabulous until about a year ago. I was just too scared to pull the trigger. For you, there really really is still time. I hope you can take heart in that.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->