June Baby Angels

jennc,

I think that’s a great idea for you to see a therapist. I have heard the stats that people who work in the mental health field, need help themselves, because they spend all their time dealing with other people's problems. That's a big burden!

Omg you totally made me lol when you said “The cure for it was "the big O" which my husband apparently picked up on somewhere in his life because when I'm upset, he wants to do it. Not exactly the first thing on my mind, but I usually humor him and at least make him think that made me feel better”. That’s me too-- I do the same thing and try to humor him!!

Jenk, :hugs: hope the provera works like last time!

Jenn, psychiatric nursing sound like a very fulfilling career! And I am sure it would be hard to leave the kids you got so close to!

Meli, 10dpo is still early. FX!

When I found out I was pregnant, we cleaned out a drawer of the dresser to put all my pregnancy related stuff (journal, birth books, etc). After the miscarriage, I put away everything from sight in there, like the ultrasound pic. I haven't really went through it yet, I just haven't felt ready. I plan to get a box, I guess not having the box is holding me back from going through it. I was just thinking that I need to get it soon, so that when I get pregnant again it doesn't seem like the new pregnancy is "wiping out " the old one. Like taking out everything to replace it with new stuff. This has been weighing on my mind.

Angel: Isn't it amazing how the little things can weigh on us? A week or so after the MC, I placed the ultrasound photo with some other photos and then I threw out everything my dr had given me that related to pregnancy. On the other hand I realized I still have the baby name book in my nightstand. I guess I keep it there in hopes that I will need to use it one day, but I've moved the things directly related to my angel. Hope you will be able to face all of your baby items soon.

Sweetmomma: Please stay with us! We love having your here. Part of me thinks we should move this thread to another area. Although we will never forget our angels, I think most of us are ready to move on to the next step.

Jasmine: Any word on the house or have you had a chance to look at anything new?

Jenk: Good luck on the Provera. I think you will be OK as you don't use it all that often. It really helped me the time I took it. Sometimes our bodies just need to be told what to do.

Jenn: We must have been posting at the same time the other day. My DH doesn't really understand my need to be on BnB, and I've been on here for years! He finally realized that it does have value during this whole MC ordeal. I also primarily post while he is at work, so he has no idea how much time I'm on here.

Meli: I'm glad you had a chance to think about adoption. It appears as though you have had some amazing children in your life. I truly do hope you get one of your own too as you seem too be so loving and totally prepared. I would like to have one more just because I really believe my daughter needs a sibling and since neither of us were only children we would just like more than one child. I'm not a huge fan of adoption, but if we don't have another baby in let's say two years, I think we will go for it. Also, and this is unrelated, but I don't live that close to work. The training was close by, but my real job is about ten miles away (still much closer than you are to work!).

Stef: What have you been up to?

AFM: Work has been great. The people I work with are so nice and laid back. They made me a huge welcome sign for my new office (well, cubicle, but I do have a window). I think I am really going to enjoy working again and I believe this job is the perfect fit. Charlotte seems to be enjoying daycare and even cried the first two days when I went to pick her up as she wanted to stay. I'm also grateful for the job as it is taking my mind off all the baby stuff. I just feel very content right now, and I haven't felt this way since before the mc.

How are you ladies going? I have having either beginning on af (due next week) or ib.

Vegas, thank you. I think once I have a box it will feel better because it will all be going someplace special and someplace I can pull it out to remember any time I want.

Megan, FX for you!!! Keep us updated!!

Stef, where you at??:haha:

Meli, don't cave today!!!

Angel,

I can understand why you’d feel that taking out everything to replace with new stuff would be like ‘wiping out’ the pregnancy with your angel. Hopefully you can find the strength to do this soon, because FX that you get pg again very very quickly!! :dust:

I didn’t cave today lol! But thanks for keeping me in check! Today I am 12dpo and my temps have fallen steadily for the last 2 days. Temping has kept me from torturing myself (poas) for the last 2 days. AF should be here Sunday. Oh well..the only consolation is that I seem to be back on a textbook 28 day cycle…

Vegas,

I was thinking the same thing! I agree with you that we should move this thread to another area. I just don’t know who can do that/how we go about doing that??

Thanks for your kind words! You’re so sweet. I totally want to have a child of my own but I just try to look at the blessings that I do have, and to be grateful for them. I agree that Charlotte needs a baby brother or sister! I’m sure she would love that.

I’m so glad that your work family has welcomed, and are so nice to you. Hey, a cubicle with a window rocks!! I have an office, but it doesn't have a a window. To see what the weather’s like outside, I need to actually go outside lol! I think I’d prefer your cubicle with a window, tbh.

That's great that Charlotte likes her daycare. I’m sure that makes you feel better when you drop her off in the mornings.

I’m so happy that you’re feeling content and not obsessed with this baby business. It warms my heart. :hug:

Jasmine,

Where are you???We miss you! :hugs: Hope you’ve been busy moving into the place that you submitted the application for (or that you’ve found another place that you love)!

Megan,

FX that you’re experiencing IB!!! GL! :dust:

Phantom,

We’re all just trying to keep it together, I suppose, maybe I should just speak for myself and say, “I’m just trying to keep it together” lol! How are you?

AFM,

As I feared, it's rained the last 2 days, and it's supposed to keep raining for the next 3 days. MY FRONT YARD IS A HUGE MUD PIT! I've had to wear shoes to work that I hate, because they get trashed by mud! I hate coordinating clothes with shoes that I don't like anymore lol! Then I have to maneuver into my car without getting mud all over the carpet-DH would just love that...not! I so much hate to drive his car, he treats it like his baby, god forbid anything happens to that car!

During this tww, and last month’s tww, I prayed a lot and asked God what to do about this whole liver transplant thing for my uncle. I put it all in his hands, and prayed that if I was meant to be a liver donor, then I would not get pregnant, conversely, if I did get pregnant, it obviously was not meant to be for me to donate to him.

I believe my uncle has a dr.’s appt. early next week. He will be told then whether or not he has been accepted as a candidate for the procedure. If he IS accepted, then the next step is for possible donors to fill out extensive medical history paperwork and have complete medical work-ups and evaluations.

I feel like the timing right now is perfect. I now know I am not pg, and I can stop ttc and throw my hat in the ring. I am really nervous because that means that I have to have this conversation again with DH…and I am so not looking forward to it. I guess I won’t broach the subject this weekend, because I still don’t even know whether or not my uncle has been accepted as a candidate. BUT, if he is accepted as a candidate, I definitely need to have this discussion early next week with DH. I can’t avoid it or put it off because next weekend, we are going to the mountains for the weekend with my extended family. It’s an annual family tradition. About 30-40 of us rent a huge mountain home and hang out for the weekend. I just know that this whole liver thing will be a hot topic of conversation….I really wish that I could go through the whole medical evaluation testing process without even letting DH know, because I may not even be selected as a viable candidate to donate. There are more things that they look at (besides being the same blood type as the recipient), they have to do more extensive tissue typing tests, etc). I’d totally hate to have all these issues with DH for nothing (if I’m rejected as a suitable donor). I am feeling somewhat down, but need to try to have a good weekend with him (I’ve been pms’ing the past few days and have not been in the nicest mood). I need to do some MAJOR butt kissing this weekend and DTD a few times before af comes….sigh…I HATE kissing butt….but at least I can have some wine, right?? :wine:

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

I am well. Been thinking of you all lately :flower:

We (the parents and I) have transferred again, and are cautiously pregnant, although all the numbers and signs are much better than their Poor June Baby.

We (the parents and I) have transferred again, and are cautiously pregnant, although all the numbers and signs are much better than their Poor June Baby.

CONGRATULATIONS!! :dust::dust::dust: What's the EDD?

That is wonderful news!!!! Congrats!!!

Meli, I am sorry that you are out this cycle. You said you dh said before that if you did the liver transplant, then he was out. Do you think he is serious? I surely hope not and hope that you two can come to an understanding. I am also sorry about your yard. Have a great time this weekend though, it sounds like tons of fun!!

Meli, I am sorry that you are out this cycle. You said you dh said before that if you did the liver transplant, then he was out. Do you think he is serious? I surely hope not and hope that you two can come to an understanding. I am also sorry about your yard. Have a great time this weekend though, it sounds like tons of fun!!

Hi Angel,

I hope to God he isn't serious. I'm praying that he comes around to my way of thinking about this. These last 2 months, I've shown him that I have been serious about ttc, and I DID do ALL I could these last couple cycles to concieve, but it just hasn't happened yet. I am praying he said those words in a moment of anger. I just really need him to support me and not add on more stress and anguish to this whole process-because as you can imagine, it just adds on more layers of complications to this mess, because guess what? I am scared! I am afraid of what the future holds for me if I do put a hold on ttc! Will it affect my health or will i have adverse effects down the road? Will I have missed my chance to concieve if I wait any longer? I dont know, but I just have to move forward and trust in God. I feel in my heart that I have to do this. I cannot--will not--sit by and watch a loved one die, when I could have done something about it. There is no doubt in my mind--from the moment I learned of the situation--I decided that if I was able to, I would do it. End of story. And I hope he can support me and be there for me, or at the very least, agree to it.

Hello Everyone, :thumbup:

I'm sorry for my absence, I've been so busy lately! I've been coming on and reading all of the posts but just haven't had time to reply and the longer I have left it the more time it takes to reply because we're all so busy! We're all so busy with all things non-baby related which is the ironic thing because we all just want babies! Hehe! I'm happy to be busy with other things though as it does take my mind off ttc! (Well almost!) It's snowing here in the UK atm, really heavy snow! It's pretty and all but it also does make everything very hard! Like you Meli, I'm having to co-ordinise all of my outifts with some really unflattering 4 year old ugg boots! :shrug:

The good news is it looks like we have got the house we wanted! The town house, yaaayyyy! They choose us from all of the three applicants to go through for referencing, it has all come back fine and the credit checks we're just waiting for Shane's reference to come back fine and if it does, it's ours! We'll hopefully find out on Monday, I'll keep you posted!

I also agree that we should move the thread! Maybe we could start a new one in the ttc forum? I'm not sure which one, whether the ttc after a loss or the regular ttc but I think it's safe to say we're all ttc now! I deffo want us all to stay together wherever we go :hugs:

jenkb123 - good luck with the provera hun, I hope that it regulates your cycles for you so that you can get back on track. Whatever it takes to get your little bean, it looks like you have found the magic combination now, all the best of luck. :hugs:

Sweetmommaof2 - I can't believe you asked that if you could still be in this thread! Hehe, you started this thread, of course you can! We love having you here! How's the pregnancy going? It's great news about your levels and you made it past your mc week! Yaaay!

Angel, that's a great idea about the memory box. I think I will feel a little guilty when I get pg again but I'll never forget my angel, I will think of him and all of our precious angels every June I hope. I like your new piccy of Carter, he's so cute! I'd love a son!

Vegas - I'm so happy that your new job is going well, doesn't it make all the difference to have great people to work with! It really won't be long until your ttc again, things are moving on for us all, I'm so happy! Really great news about Charlotte's daycare, that is half the battle! Eva never wants to go to nursery! Sometimes she makes it so hard to leave her there! It is a good nursery and she does enjoy it once we have gone, she's just a diva! Eva diva that's what we call her! :haha: I'm so happy that you're feeling content, this house is making me feel that way too!

Megan1986 - what was the bleeding? Good luck!

Phantom - so happy that you are pregnant again! That's fab! Congrats!

Meli - last but not least hehe! Just wanted to say I'm so sorry that af got you! You're dilema with ttc is such a hard one but I think it's admirable that you are helping your uncle. A woman's desire for a baby is so strong, I know that some women would not stop ttc if faced in the same situation. Do you have to be compatible with him in order for it to go ahead? Will you be ttc in the meantime? Your mountain trip sounds like fun, I hope that you have a good time and that the hot topic doesn't stress you out too much. I'm sorry about the yard too, you need some good luck! I guess it's out of your hands for now and what will be will be! Don't give up hope on ttc, my mum had twins at 44! And Shane's mum was 44 when she had him! You still have plenty of time! :hugs:

Well, it's cd4 for me, I have my digital opks and I should 'o' in time! We have a busy month this month, hopefully moving 16th Febraury, hen weekened in London, Shane's stag in Madrid, what a jetsetter! and ttc! Phewf! It's all so exciting though, I can't wait! Lots of love everyone x x x

Phantom: Congrats :happydance:! I'm sure you are pleased and the parents are over the moon. I know it is early days, but I know this will be the one. Also, don't you know how to change a thread over? I believe you may have done this with the June board. Is it as simple as telling admin that you want to switch?

Meli: You have done everything right with TTC. Are you going to try again this cycle or will wait until after the liver info is processed? Either way, baby or liver, you are giving life. As you said, you're not sure if you are a match, but I understand wanting to help if at all possible. I certainly hope your dh can see your point of view on this.

Jasmine: Hooray on getting the house :thumbup:! Things seem to be going your way so perhaps a bfp is next up. Eva diva is too cute. These little people sure do have loads of personality, don't they?! Charlotte has not been sleeping through the night in over a month (she used to go 12 hours) so I am bribing her with ice cream. I told her if she stayed in bed all night I would let her have pink ice cream for breakfast. She did it. Funny, what a little motivation will do for a three year old. Sounds like you have a busy few weeks coming up. Best of luck with the move.

Nothing much to say. I had a successful first week of work. Everyone is very nice. Usually the first few weeks\months at a new job are a bit awkward, but I'm not feeling that at all. Charlotte did manage to cling on to my leg and cry when I went to drop her off at daycare on Friday. I think she's still getting used to her new schedule. On the other hand, when I picked her up she was super happy, so all is well. AF has finally gone and so now I am temping to see what this cycle will look like. Obviously I will not be TTC this cycle, but I do want to get a good idea of when I will ovulate so when the time comes I don't waste tests (or bd unnecessarily:haha:) . BTW, I know some of you work, so when do you use your OPKs? I used to do them at about 2pm, but I can't imagine doing my little science experiment at work. I suppose it is possible, but how do you do this discretely? OK, off to go play in the garden.

Vegas,

You know, I thought more about your adoption question, and I don’t think I can adopt. I know there are so many children out there that need a good home, but I’m not sure if DH would want to adopt, nor do I think I would either. Part of the reason is because DH already has a 20 y/o daughter (she’s away at college and is pre-med) and a 14 y/o son.

I liked your response to the question too. Unfortunately, I don't get to see my nieces and nephews as often as a would like to and we don't have any other part children or anything like that. It must be really nice to have such a great stepson that you care for as if he was yours. I mean, really when you think about it, you have adopted a child. He just happens to be the biological child of your husband. You still took him into your life and I think that's great.

jennc,

I think that’s a great idea for you to see a therapist. I have heard the stats that people who work in the mental health field, need help themselves, because they spend all their time dealing with other people's problems. That's a big burden!

Omg you totally made me lol when you said “The cure for it was "the big O" which my husband apparently picked up on somewhere in his life because when I'm upset, he wants to do it. Not exactly the first thing on my mind, but I usually humor him and at least make him think that made me feel better”. That’s me too-- I do the same thing and try to humor him!!

I swear, anytime the smallest thing comes up with any of my family, I am the first one called! But they usually don't seem to have time for me when it's my problem and some would offer little console anyway. I love them all but for some reason, my siblings are slightly selfish people. Which I guess I don't understand because none of the four of us grew up as only children. And it's not just my family lol. My husband's family will call and say "shrink me" lol. Just the other day, I spent like an hour on the phone with his mom, helping her get stuff done at the house when she felt overwhelmed. It does take it out on me sometimes, but really only I have something going on that I need to vent about or work through. That's why this site has been very helpful. I've really considered starting to keep a journal too. I was keeping one when I was pregnant, why not keep one while we are waiting to conceive again?

When I found out I was pregnant, we cleaned out a drawer of the dresser to put all my pregnancy related stuff (journal, birth books, etc). After the miscarriage, I put away everything from sight in there, like the ultrasound pic. I haven't really went through it yet, I just haven't felt ready. I plan to get a box, I guess not having the box is holding me back from going through it. I was just thinking that I need to get it soon, so that when I get pregnant again it doesn't seem like the new pregnancy is "wiping out " the old one. Like taking out everything to replace it with new stuff. This has been weighing on my mind.

I'm sorry that it has been too hard to deal with yet. I would say give yourself some time but ttc again may make that more difficult. I have thought before about throwing away my pregnancy journal but at the same time, I might need it. I have been very worried about my response if/when I find out I am pregnant again. I'm still worried that I will be more worried than happy. Maybe the journal will help remind me how happy I was the first time and that I should be even happier at a second chance. After all, a second chance is what brought my husband and I together. I wouldn't rush it though. Just because you get pregnant again doesn't mean you have to go through the stuff yet but I'm sure you also want to move on. Trust me, I understand the ambivalence. My thoughts are with you!

Jenn: We must have been posting at the same time the other day. My DH doesn't really understand my need to be on BnB, and I've been on here for years! He finally realized that it does have value during this whole MC ordeal. I also primarily post while he is at work, so he has no idea how much time I'm on here.

I think he is starting to come around a little. He's just funny. I'm not sure what exactly he thought we talked about on here but I had a bit of a breakdown the other day. I am just so frustrated that everything seems to suck right now and I feel like I can't count on his support. For certain things, he's great but emotions usually aren't his area. He went on and on again about me needing to make some friends. I pointed out that, hello, that's what I'm doing! I'm just talking with people who know what I'm going through. He was more okay with it after I explained that we actually rarely talk about our m/c and talk more about ttc again and other things going on in our lives. I will still try to post when he's not around because, yes, sometimes I get emotional. He should know me enough by now to deal with it. In fact, he can usually tell when I need a good cry. Glad work is going well!

How are you ladies going? I have having either beginning on af (due next week) or ib.

I shouldn't be too far behind you.

Meli: You have done everything right with TTC. Are you going to try again this cycle or will wait until after the liver info is processed? Either way, baby or liver, you are giving life. As you said, you're not sure if you are a match, but I understand wanting to help if at all possible. I certainly hope your dh can see your point of view on this.

I love the way vegas put it, that either way you are giving a life. I hope your husband will come around to it. I wouldn't be comfortable with letting a loved one die either if I could've done something. I'm sure it is difficult though, deciding to help someone when it may mean that you don't get something you want. My heart goes out to you. Keep us posted.

Jasmine- Sooo happy for you about the house! That must be a huge weight off your shoulders.

Phantom- Congrats!

ATM- I was supposed to be working on my paperwork for the last hour or so. After I spilled part of my oreo cheesecake for a get together today, I thought to myself, screw it, I'm not touching my paperwork right now. Which means I will have to do it at the get together but lately I could just care less. I'm tired of fighting with things to work out the way I want. I just give up. It's amazing how even though I'm working less right now, I still feel like I need a vacation lol. Unfortunately, I, myself have been incredibly pissy lately as well as crampy. According to the last cycle, that means af should be here at the end of this week, I think. I sure hope so, I know the mood is not good. I better get in the shower now before I'm late. Wish me luck.

Hubby is closing at work tonight and should be home any minute. Ovulation should happen pretty soon, had a few beers and waiting in lingerie..... Hope this is the "baby maker"!!!:haha:

Hubby is closing at work tonight and should be home any minute. Ovulation should happen pretty soon, had a few beers and waiting in lingerie..... Hope this is the "baby maker"!!!:haha:

Whooooo, go Angel! X X X :happydance: X X X

Phantom: Congrats :happydance:! BTW, I know some of you work, so when do you use your OPKs? I used to do them at about 2pm, but I can't imagine doing my little science experiment at work. I suppose it is possible, but how do you do this discretely? OK, off to go play in the garden.

I usually do mine in the morning, I know you're not meant to use FMU but I found I couldn'thold my wee for 4 hours during the day and still go t reliable results when compared to my temps, it was just the cheapies letting me down so have my digis this month, I think I'll still do FMU. x

I agree we should move the forum... Anyone who wants to start it and just let the rest of us know where ito find it I am completely cool with that. It is going to be weird to move forward from here... Kind of hard... :s bittersweet....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->