***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

I've just re-read the first post again - June-buds because of rose-buds! How lovely - my name's Rose as well :D
When my friend found out I was PG she said that it was like a 'little Rose was blooming' :p

the ms hit... at least I am not as bloated as the last few weeks! How is everyone doing?

:hugs: mummytoTandE hope it settles down soon for you

:hi: rose and congratulations

hello can i join you ladies

im natalie and i got my BFP today :) im due 27th June. i have 3 children who are 8 (june baby), 6 and 2 1/2. this is our 4th and our last.

look forward to getting to know u all xx

Yep bloated lady here too. I feel a bit of a moose right now :haha:.

Congratulations Rose on your bfp :flower:.

Well I had my first mw appt today which was so incredibly exciting. It lasted for about 1hr 15mins, which I suppose is the norm and I did have a few things I wanted to mention or ask. As my blood group is B rhesus negative I'll need to have an injection (anti-d) at around 30 weeks. One major good point though is that I can finally forget about counting all those damn calories. I'm a little on the overweight side but have been making a really good effort, which I do hope to continue but counting calories is painful.

The other thing mentioned at the appt, which threw me a little off guard, was the question of testing for downs. I agreed to having the probability one done (hope you guys know what I mean by that - I'm getting tired so the brain isn't functioning to its full capacity). I felt awful though and a little guilty, although I know the test isn't invasive. I think it's because I've read a couple of posts where many aren't gonna have it done. So I hope I don't offend anyone saying that I'm gonna check.

Oh well, better go and walk the dog. She's been perstering me for attention so that'll knacker her out a bit. Hope everyone's doing good x

Congrats Natalie :hugs:. Sorry didn't see your post - I was still writing my own.

hello and thank you glad ur app went so well im also RH neg and needed the jab but all my 3 children and my partner are also A Rh neg so no chance of a + baby so wont need it this time thank god

when i was preg 3 years ago they do the blood test for DS and a scan called the nouchal fold which looks at the babys spine fluid or something similar not sure if this is what they mean for you. i had the blood test with my other 3 and the nouchal fold with my last as they started introducing it

I've just re-read the first post again - June-buds because of rose-buds! How lovely - my name's Rose as well :D
When my friend found out I was PG she said that it was like a 'little Rose was blooming' :p

Ah, that's lovely! Congratulations on your BFP Rose and welcome.

Lx

hello can i join you ladies

im natalie and i got my BFP today :) im due 27th June. i have 3 children who are 8 (june baby), 6 and 2 1/2. this is our 4th and our last.

look forward to getting to know u all xx

Hi Natalie! Congratulations. Another expert on dealing with a newborn whilst looking after older children too...I'm all ears if you have any tips! Hope you're feeling well.

Lx

BritAcrossSea - glad to hear you had a good appointment! With regards to choosing to have the probability test - lots of people do so I wouldn't worry about offending anyone. You're the mummy so you're the boss.

Oh, and hooray for no calorie counting!!

Lx

Well I'm back from my early scan (about to go to bed!) and all is well! Little blob is 2.13cm crown to rump (shows up as 8w5d but the sonographer said to stick with my current due date of 1/6/10 for now) and heart beating nicely. He also said he picked up some small movements! Was really nice to have the reassurance that all is well so far - just 5 weeks to wait until the nuchal scan now at my local hospital! :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSC00174.jpg
    DSC00174.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 5
Well I'm back from my early scan (about to go to bed!) and all is well! Little blob is 2.13cm crown to rump (shows up as 8w5d but the sonographer said to stick with my current due date of 1/6/10 for now) and heart beating nicely. He also said he picked up some small movements! Was really nice to have the reassurance that all is well so far - just 5 weeks to wait until the nuchal scan now at my local hospital! :thumbup:

How many weeks are you? How come your scan is quite early on in the pregnancy?

wow thats a lovely clear picture. Glad everything is ok :)

I was crapping myself after reading too much in books and online (looking at this webiste doesn't help!!) so opted for an early private scan for reassurance. Saw others on this thread had recommended it and I'm glad I went now! Hubby was easily convinced which was handy! :thumbup:

I'm currently 7w6d (so 8 weeks tomorrow :happydance: )

That's great Span! Congratulations! Great scan pic too...perhaps you'll be having a tall bubba. Are you or OH particularly tall?
Lx

That's great Span! Congratulations! Great scan pic too...perhaps you'll be having a tall bubba. Are you or OH particularly tall?
Lx

Nope we're just average I guess - I'm 5'7" and hubby is 6'. I'll be interesting seeing how it measures at 13 weeks!

I was crapping myself after reading too much in books and online (looking at this webiste doesn't help!!) so opted for an early private scan for reassurance. Saw others on this thread had recommended it and I'm glad I went now! Hubby was easily convinced which was handy! :thumbup:

How do you get a private scan - how much does it cost? I'm pretty much a bag of nerves too!

How do you get a private scan - how much does it cost? I'm pretty much a bag of nerves too!

I looked up online and went for a company called Baby Bond. They do them on various days at locations all over the country. Was £99. I've seen people mention cheaper scans but also saw pricier ones when I googled.

I'm glad that there is something there causing me all this crappy MS! Was the 1st morning in 9 days that I haven't been sick though my body has been trying to make up for it all day with numerous false alarms! :growlmad:

Welcome Natalie! :flower:

Span hun! congrats on the scan! I'm quietly posisitve as on Monday I go for mine (though we have funding through medical aid so I don't have to pay for it thankfully) I will be 7+5 at the scan... so was nice to see your little one, even though your bubs is measuring older! :D

Not long to wait now till your 12 week one hun!! :wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->