***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

My nausea has hit me full force yesterday and today. I'm glad it held off this long, but I wish it would go away now! :cry:

Oh goodness, I shouldn't watch music videos about babies on youtube
Let them be little

Oh my god Ozzie that song is lovely. I actually nearly :cry: must be the hormones. Totally reminded me of my wee boy though!!! Love it.

Hello... busy busy weekend for us! I have the midwife coming round tomorrow for my booking in appt! YEY!! it means I'm a step closer to getting my scan date :wohoo:

xx

Not too bad, had really strong cramps for several days at 5 weeks (before i'd done the test) but since just had lots of random pains, one day i have a few tummy pains, the next day i wake up and i've got backache. No m/s yet, just a little nausea but incredibly sore boobs, no signs of any bleeding or spotting either so i think they're all normal signs. Just trying to keep the nerves and negative worries at bay but finding that easier said than done.

Hi all,
welcome to the new ladies, congratulations.

Just wanted to ask, for those of you that are still having pain or are crampy what is it feeling like?

i'm not feeling the best today, I have had throbbing achey pains all day on and off they keep switching sides, roughly where i get my ovulation pain. Its very different to the crampy pains i have been having since the tww. I 'm starting to feel very paranoid about it and its a long time until thursday to wait for my early scan. Im so scared im going to mc again :(
Not sure what to make of them.

hey lolley, I had period like pains on and off until about the end of last week :hugs: I'm sure its nothing to worry about.

For those who have had first mw appointment, did you take a urine sample with you? My sister says I must everytime I go but the receptionist didnt mention it when I booked the appointment? :shrug:

You do need a urine sample everytime :lol:

I too get pains a little like ovulation :hugs:

Cuccicoo, if you go to the reception at your gp surgery and ask for a sample pot they should be able to give you one.

Lx

Ive had cramps too - getting less now though

xxxx

Thanks ladies, my doctors are hopeless, you'd think they would mention it! Not sure I'm going to be able to get hold of a sample pot. Will any old pot do? :blush:

Hey ladies...

With my first pregnancy I had loads of shooting pains... not so much this time.. I think the uterus is having an easier time of it! hahahaha

Well I've just had my first booking appointment. (no urine required at that one) but you will need a sample for all the next ones. It becomes a bit of a ritual... walk in, coat off.. say Hi... get out your pot of pee for testing, hand over arm for BP testing LOL :D

So I've just declined all forms of nuchal testing and anything Downs related... only going to have the dating scan at 12 weeks. The result would make no difference to us as we'll be keeping the baby no matter it's condition.

Apparently, my hospital has opened up a new wing for Mum's who want less assistance (ie less drugs etc) so any Mum's who've had no complications in pregnancy etc and aren't high risk and want a similar to home birth feel while still being close to professionals and extra drugs if required can go to this wing to deliver... they've upped the number of birthing pools they have etc... sounds fab... however after experiencing a forceps delivery with Lottie.. I think I might opt for the good old fashioned labour ward where I can have an epidural!! :rofl: you wouldn't believe my birth plan first time round said... avoid epidural at all costs... this time round it'll say... administer epidural at first opportunity! :rofl:

Anyhoo.... Lovely midwife who's excited to see Lottie at my next appointment (as she was listening to Lottie's heartbeart 2 years ago)... she wants me in at 16 weeks (22nd Dec) and said we'll have a heartbeat to listen to then! What an awesome Christmas pressie! :cloud9:

Okay... I've waffled enough! :D

*goes in search of pickled onions*

My MW didn't want a urine sample or any bloods, they all get done at the 12 week appointment here at the hospital. She gave me a blood test form and a sample pot to take with me to that along with my scan sheet.

That new hospital wing sounds awesome Cath! Like you though I'm quite keen to be within spitting distance of an epidural this time, just in case. I went the anti-drugs route last time too. It was only after I'd given birth that a midwife pointed out that you still get to keep the baby if you choose pain relief and you don't get a medal for going without it...what a waste of money that trophy cabinet was!

Lx

kmumtobe- Yeah, those niggling worries are a bloody nuisance. Only natural though given how precious the cargo is! Sounds like your symptoms are just fine though. Hope you had a good weekend.

Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"