• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

June Bundles of Joy - 2016

Cute pic of juniper =) lovely!

Glad everyone seems to be doing well. I haven't had much time to post. Mostly I load the thread and then get distracted and don't end up posting. Forgot how time consuming breastfeeding is!
It's going well though :)

I forgot to ask, has anyone got any experience of stridor in babies? dd makes this horrible noise every now and then like she has croup, if it happens while she's feeding (which is when it mainly happens) it makes her gag, I don't think it's croup though as I thought that only affected older babies? I'm taking her to the gp at 4 but I'm not sure what they'll be able to do.

Aaron and Georgia both have a stridor caused by laryngomalacia or floppy larynx. YouTube has dome videos. It gets worse when they lay on their backs and they snore. People are terrified by the noise they make when they cry too lol. Generally it's harmless.
Floppy larynx is what the gp said too, she said to film it and to show her in two weeks oddly . Do you know when they outgrow it normally?

Angel - gorgeous photo, that's great news that she's exclusively bf now.

We saw a paediatrician about it for my son. He said it gets worse between 4-6 months and most babies it will have significantly improved. Almost all babies it has resolved completely by 2 years. My son still has it to a much lesser extent that he did. He no longer snores or has a stridor most of the time but when he cries or has a cold it's really obvious with every sharp intake of breath. It sounds really melodramatic lol.

Angel that's great news all round ;)

Glad things are going well Rhi.

I just stick a big bottle of ready made aptamil & some bottles in the changing bag Starlight. We only got our prep machine on Friday so we've only started using powdered formula. What a great stretch by Hanah! No chance of that here;

Róise is still up every 2-3 hours for a feed. She's gone about 4 hours between feeds a couple of times but sadly isn't asleep all that time! In fact she sleeps very little - I thought newborns were supposed to sleep 16 hours a day or something. I doubt Róise is going ten. & she wakes very easily if we put her down. Oh coffee how I love thee! 😉😂

I'm still pretty annoyed that bf'ing didn't work out for us. Probably giving up expressing very soon though; I thought I'd go til the end of the month but I think my supply is starting to dry up. I"M only managing to pump 2-4 times a day, so no wonder.

Juni woke at 12.30 and didn't go down again until 4... OH slept through it all and when he woke at 6am after 7 hours of unbroken sleep I tried to tell him how the night had been and he replied, "sorry I'm not really taking in what you're saying, I'm too tired" ...!!!!!!!!! Took all my strength not to push him out of bed!!

Yer next time push him. My husband yawned the other day and I wanted to smack him lol.

Carl keeps telling me he's just as tired as me! Last week he even went to bed and left me to do everything because he was just so tired :dohh:

Angel he definitely deserved a wanger for that!! Was Juni up fussing or just wide awake? :hugs: soon they'll know night time is for sleeping.

Squig you've done amazing expressing for so long! I only expressed for the two weeks G was in hospital and I hated it so much I'd get in a little mini rage every time. I'm sorry bfing didn't work out for you but you've done incredible :hugs:

G has settled down again. She was much less fussy yesterday, I don't know if she was just having a bit of a leap over the weekend but she woke up her usual self yesterday morning and really smiling :) good night last night - 4.5 hrs again, then back down for two 2 hr stretches. :)

I go mad at my DH if he says hes tired, he knows hes banned from saying it! I do everything. Then he has the cheek to go on about having a third baby and how nice that would be :haha:

We had a good night last night, i think mainly because I popped Henry into our bed after he woke the first time. He loves being in with us although I am hoping it will be easy to get him to sleep in his own cot or bed. I think cosleeping is great but selfishly I dont want a little person in our bed for the next 2 years like we had with DS1!

Lol tink I'm really selfish - Xander was never allowed in our bed and Georgia won't be either! They have every other minute of my life but sleep is my time!

Squig - like pixie I only expressed for a couple of weeks and I hated it so you have done amazingly!

Pixie - Juni wasn't really fussy she just would feed s bit then fall asleep but if I moved her even in our bed she woke up and wanted to feed again! :dohh: Then she got uncomfortable and windy and wanted walking around. I'm glad G slept better again last night, gives me hope! 'Patterns' only seem to last a maximum of 3 nights here!

I was going to say how well youve done expressing for so long squig! I dont know how people do it, to me it seems twice the work of both bfing and ffing.

ladies i would make the new group but can someone tell me WHERE to do that? like what category do i go into next sorry lol haven't done one before.

Ugh our husbands. Granted I've been lucky recently with H's long stretches, but I don't think my husband realizes how long us moms are up when baby gets up to eat. I'm usually up for at least an hour every time (and I'm formula feeding!). She's slow to eat, then burping, holding upright, putting her back down and hoping she goes back to sleep, then trying to get back to sleep myself (she's usually grunting a bunch at this point too). It's not like a 5 minute task.

let me know when it's done
I don't get to post much anymore or check in so busy and tired!

image.jpg
Was going to go health clinic to get Sydney weighed I've not got her weighed since around 19 days I think it was last .. But the rain is making me think twice :lol:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/parenting-groups/2400520-june-dragonflies-2016-babies-beyond.html#post37534968

let me know if anything else should be added!

Glad people had a good night last night! Word of warning about the 8 week injections, they seem to make babies a bit 'off' for quite a few days after - Arthur has been unsettled and sad bless him and my friend's baby has been the same. A bit off his milk also. Just so you can all be prepared!

HV was saying something interesting to me today about how they've noticed an increase in colic since the introduction of the perfect prep - seems maybe because it only uses a tiny bit of boiling water and then water that hasn't been boiled at all... I'm a bit OCD about mixing my formula with boiling water anyway lol

Funny Boo we think Róise has been less windy since using perfect prep, although she is spitting up a bit more. Nothing serious though, she's not ill or distressed by it, usually. You could be right about the boiled water but it's so quick when your baby is screaming cos the food's not ready the second she wants it!

Good to know about the jabs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"