June Bundles of Joy - 2016

No you don't have to sleep train. I feel quite strongly about that. It's not natural behaviour for humans of any age to 'sleep through' but thank god if it does happen. I'm in the 'wait it out' camp, not 'cry it out'.

We never did sleep training with DS as its not something i would be comfortable with. He wasnt a great sleeper into toddlerhood but he is 4 now goes into his own bed and sleeps a good uninterrupted 12 hour strech so we got thete eventually.

No sleep training here either.

Xander woke every 40 mins to an hour for months and was still waking as much as Georgia is now at a year old.

Georgia is 8 weeks old and still has one 3 hr stretch followed by 1.5 - 2 hrs for the rest of the night. Xander did that for months and months but I'm hoping Georgia will progress a bit faster.

I've been wondering if G still sleeps like that because she's only just passed her due date? Dory and boo, how do Georgia and Arthur sleep? Have they started to stretch out their night time sleeps yet?

I've got a baby monitor it or coming on Wednesday and then I'm going to be putting G to bed around 6 with Xander - xander went to bed with me for probably 9 months so I never had an evening because he was very fussy. G is still very settled and waking her for an hour before bed makes no difference - she was up 1-4 anyway so the tiny terrorist is going to bed!

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. From whatever I was reading, it made it seem like you pretty much had to do sleep training. And my friend told me she did something called the Ferber method, and I looked it up... it sounds horrible. No way I could do that. But I'm also stressing about her napping issues... She's totally rejecting napping in her bassinet like she did at one week old. And of course I worry about her soon rejecting the crib at bedtime.

We've done no sleep training here either and tbh I'd never heard of it until coming onto here when ttc number 3. We've always been pretty laid back about it and just gone with whatever baby wants and needs, we were lucky with the first 3 and they slept through from 2.5 weeks, 3.5 weeks and 7 weeks. DD4 however was a totally different story and only started sleeping through from just before 2 years, she's still not the greatest sleeper and we're still having problems with her sleeping in her own bed. We done nothing different between the 4 so I think it's just a case of each baby being different. :)

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. From whatever I was reading, it made it seem like you pretty much had to do sleep training. And my friend told me she did something called the Ferber method, and I looked it up... it sounds horrible. No way I could do that. But I'm also stressing about her napping issues... She's totally rejecting napping in her bassinet like she did at one week old. And of course I worry about her soon rejecting the crib at bedtime.

It might be worth having a quick Google of the Fourth Trimester and the Wonder Weeks. The fourth trimester explains why babies don't like to be put down. In a nutshell it's because they've been part of you for 9 months so they don't realise they are a separate person and it's scary for them.
The wonder weeks explains why one week baby will sleep well and the next they won't - it's all developmental.

Sleep is pretty good here. She was doing between 3 and 4 hour stretches overnight but the night before last it was much more frequent and how I'd expect a newborn.

My 3 year old was so sick last night so Georgia got the most sleep out of any of us lol.

No sleep training here either.

Xander woke every 40 mins to an hour for months and was still waking as much as Georgia is now at a year old.

Georgia is 8 weeks old and still has one 3 hr stretch followed by 1.5 - 2 hrs for the rest of the night. Xander did that for months and months but I'm hoping Georgia will progress a bit faster.

I've been wondering if G still sleeps like that because she's only just passed her due date? Dory and boo, how do Georgia and Arthur sleep? Have they started to stretch out their night time sleeps yet?

I've got a baby monitor it or coming on Wednesday and then I'm going to be putting G to bed around 6 with Xander - xander went to bed with me for probably 9 months so I never had an evening because he was very fussy. G is still very settled and waking her for an hour before bed makes no difference - she was up 1-4 anyway so the tiny terrorist is going to bed!

Arthur feeds (bottle fed) at 7pm ish then goes down in his Moses basket at some point awake. OH wakes him for a dream feed at 11pm (ish) and brings him upstairs to me. He then tends to be spot on 3 or 4 am after that for a feed, and then the next one after 7am usually we have to wake him for 7.30am for the school run. Sadly I can't make use of his lie-ins!
He has been determined to be stuck at 3am for 8 weeks now, and all I'd say is that probably my other two had stretched that out towards 5am by this age, but I do think he will sleep slightly more like a newborn for longer as he was early yes.
It has been so clear to me, he genuinely 'woke up' at around 6 weeks of age, when he would have been the equivalent to a week old newborn. Before that he was always asleep and curled in a ball like he was still in the womb!

H went 10 hours between her last feed before bed and her first nighttime feed. 7 of those hours were sleeping (she went to bed a bit later than normal) so I was sleeping too, aside from getting up to check on her a bunch for the last 4 hours lol. She keeps changing things up so I know it won't continue but it was nice for tonight.

I'm starting to forget that one day G will sleep :dohh: we were up again last night 12.30 - 3 :-( she just wouldn't settle. She was awake and cluster feeding all evening so I was hopeful of a decent sleep but nope - she only went 2.5 hrs before her first feed.

Today I'm feeling a bit sad. I'm tired and I feel like there's no end. Plus she's smiled at everyone except me. She's been smiling away at her daddy all morning and as soon as I got up she won't do one tiny little smile. I think she hates me.

I can relate with the tiredness pixie.. Henry is just SUCH hard work. He cluster feeds every evening for hours then often he will have a cluster feed in the day also. He is always up about six times a night and sometimes it takes ages and ages to settle him back down.Then throughout the day he never seems content, always wants a feed or cries to be held. Im exhausted and also telling myself it is so temporary but it's hard to keep that in mind sometimes.

I think Im going to order a breast pump so DH can do some feeds too, feels overwhelming at the minute :(

I think the beast pump would be a good idea. I love feeding Leo myself but sometimes ive other things to do and having the milk there is great. Have you considered a wrap if baby doesn't want put down. I tried my wrap today for the first time and loved it.

There's been a massive change in Georgia today. She was sleeping probably 18 hours a day. Today she's slept for maybe an hour since 8am. She won't settle herself and she won't be put down. She's currently asleep.on daddy's chest but even there she's stirring constantly.

I defrosted some milk last night so she's having that before bed.

Joey is it a stretchy wrap? I have a woven but I think Georgia might still be too small for it (she's about 8.5 lbs)

My cooker blew up so we've bought a new induction cooker, does anyone have one? My pans don't come till tomorrow so I can't try it out :dohh:

I desperately need a wrap. I only have a woven carrier and it just doesn't work right for her.

We were loving the Beco carrier but since she still has her awful heat rash I have avoided using it. Poor baby it looks so uncomfortable.

It is stretchy, it is a Kay wrap, is that right???? I don't know much about them, my friend gave this to me and this is the first I've tried it. Leo was being fussy and I needed to be up and about and also didn't want to leave him within arms reach of his big brother so it was great. He was nice and snug in there, felt well supported and slept like a log.

There's been a massive change in Georgia today. She was sleeping probably 18 hours a day. Today she's slept for maybe an hour since 8am. She won't settle herself and she won't be put down. She's currently asleep.on daddy's chest but even there she's stirring constantly.

I defrosted some milk last night so she's having that before bed.

Joey is it a stretchy wrap? I have a woven but I think Georgia might still be too small for it (she's about 8.5 lbs)

My cooker blew up so we've bought a new induction cooker, does anyone have one? My pans don't come till tomorrow so I can't try it out :dohh:

Woven wraps are fine for newborns :) what size do you have? A kangaroo carry is a good one layer newborn carry.

Our Georgia is quite unsettled today but has lots of trapped wind.

I think it's a 6? I'm not sure, ive had it since X was born but I'm a bigger girl so not much material left once I've done the standard front carry.

She's been awful all day. Just come up to bed and she's lay really content like a little ray of sunshine. She's just had a full 100ml bottle (is that a reasonable amount?) And now she's lay super calm in her crib drifting off to sleep.

She's like jekyll and Hyde today!

I really want a Tula but I'm not sure I can justify it! I've never had a carrier before but I think it would be really super helpful to be able to carry Arthur to the park so I can chase his brothers!

I have a boba stretchy wrap which i love at the moment (ive not used the pram at all since buying it) but im not sure if i will still enjoy it as Henry gets a lot bigger and heavier. Plus the weather has been quite cool atm and i think it would be so hot and uncomfortable on a properly warm day. I hadnt really thought about wearing henry around the house in it so will give it a go.

Hey ladies. I've noticed since yesterday my bleeding has returned to bright red and relatively heavy. It had reduced to like a yellow mucus and I barely needed a pad, this morning I've woken up and bled right through onto my jammy bottoms. Is this normal. I'm still breastfeeding and Leo is 4 and a Hal weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->