June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

Dory- that sounds awful, I hope she is feeling better today but if not I'd check with the GP too.

Pixie - ugh I'm in the no sleep club too, Juniper only slept from 1-3.45am in her Moses basket, she slept from 4.30 on my chest in just a nappy, then Micah woke at 5! :dohh: I think its just too hot, and also she has the snuffles.

Oh Pixie that sounds truly horrid. Are you able to get any sleep today? There is a reason that sleep deprivation is a torture technique :-(

We went to bed about half 11 and I changed G's nappy and fed her. She's still asleep now :-O my first slept through the night occasionally at this age and it made it awful when she hit the 4 month sleep regression and woke a gazillion times a night so it's bittersweet. Fingers crossed she's feeling better when she does wake.

Dory - I'm really sorry to hear she's still poorly, definitely call the gp. I really hope she starts to get better today :hugs:

Pixie - so little sleep! Try to nap today :hugs:

Ehj : which brand is it? I've looked again and our box definitely says not for under a month.

Afm - hoping she's a lot less fussy today, yesterday was horrible but with the heat being worse today I don't think we'll have too much luck.

She just about still fits into her newborn nappies, I'm sad she's outgrowing them ! I've attached a photo from today (if it works as I'm on the iPad)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 6
I'm loving these cloth nappies!

I put G to bed in a Romper last night, but changed her to a vest about 1am to see if she was too hot. She looked really cute though!

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/jaclynford13/IMG-20160718-WA0004_zpszyfgave9.jpg

Another Romper for today but all her others have been packed so she's buggered tomorrow :haha:

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/jaclynford13/Mobile%20Uploads/20160719_073919_zpspqdosko8.jpg

She's pretty much in 0-3 now. Some things are a bit roomy but newborn is too small. I can't believe she's gone through 3 sizes already!

I love the little rompers. I didn't know what to put Leo in last night. Our gro egg said 26 degrees so I put on a romper and a 1 to sleeping bag. I would have preferred just the romper but he seems to dislike not being covered. He slept like a log. I fed him at midnight and he didn't wake until 7am. I fed him then and he is still asleep.

It is a really beautiful day outside so just waiting on DH and Leo to get up so we can get ready and do something!!

I love the little rompers. I didn't know what to put Leo in last night. Our gro egg said 26 degrees so I put on a romper and a 1 to sleeping bag. I would have preferred just the romper but he seems to dislike not being covered. He slept like a log. I fed him at midnight and he didn't wake until 7am. I fed him then and he is still asleep.

It is a really beautiful day outside so just waiting on DH and Leo to get up so we can get ready and do something!!

We put Georgia in a nappy in her sleeping bag for this very reason. I can't sleep at night without something covering me.

G has had another coughing fit and puked all over.

Did you get a GP appointment for her Dory?

Juniper is in a romper today too, I'll get a picture when she's finished feeding. :)

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/Melon1687/IMG_20160719_102242_zpsalhor9u3.jpg

Gorgeous rompers Angel and pixie :)

Dory - poor Georgia, were you able to speak to the gp?

naww look at all the rompers !! so cute. i totally forgot to buy any. i got carried away buying dresses !

Boo- he is adorable, those eyes <3

Alice is having another lazy day, except today she wants to sleep and feed... sleep and feed. I think i have fed her 8 times today :dohh: i'm tired as she still gets up every two(occasionally 3) hours during the night. I got a three hour stretch last night so that was nice.

The two year old keeps waking her up :dohh: running past her and screaming DINOSAUR TRAAAAAAIIIIINNNN.

We have a routine, and have for a little while, but that's totally led by Poppy because no matter when I feed her etc she wants food at the same time every day and through the night, she gets up at the same time every morning.

I have been giving Poppy gripe water since before a month, I just gave her 2.5ml instead of 5ml.

The HV has just been and for the first time since she's been born, I'm a bit worried. :(

We don't seem to be progressing at all with bottles? Sometimes she drinks the whole 4oz of a bottle but mostly it's between 2 and 3oz every 2/3 hours. The HV weighed her and said she now weighs 11lb but that she had dropped from 90(something) centile to the 75th, and she wanted to weigh her again in two weeks. :( now I'm worrying she isn't eating enough, but she just doesn't want any more. I have made 4oz bottles since she was a week old. Surely she should be draining them and wanting more by now? Or am I juts so over thinking it all?

Also looks like she's getting another hemangioma on her belly. Poor little thing... :( Feeling a bit deflated this a morning.

Dory - I'm really sorry to hear she's still poorly, definitely call the gp. I really hope she starts to get better today :hugs:

Pixie - so little sleep! Try to nap today :hugs:

Ehj : which brand is it? I've looked again and our box definitely says not for under a month.

Afm - hoping she's a lot less fussy today, yesterday was horrible but with the heat being worse today I don't think we'll have too much luck.

She just about still fits into her newborn nappies, I'm sad she's outgrowing them ! I've attached a photo from today (if it works as I'm on the iPad)

Hartleys brand

Karli - I'm not sure what to suggest, I know dropping centiles is worrying but if she seems otherwise happy in herself I wouldn't worry too much without cause, :hugs: if they were really concerned they may have wanted to weigh her much sooner, hopefully it's just a precautionary thing to be on the safe side.

The only routine I have is in regards to making/sterilising bottles and the usual household chores, the only bit we have regular is that we try to go up to bed before 11pm. We probably won't be introducing any bedtime routine until she's sleeping 4-5 hour stretches at night.

EHJ - I don't think they do that brand over here, I've only seen woodwards.

Lil man is fighting sleep tonight :(

Aw damn, it actually helps him

we have woodwards gripe water? and it says 2.5 mls for a newborn. we did it with dd too. i haven't needed it anywhere near as much as i did with dd!

:hugs: karli. Is it not reasonable that she would drop centiles? Xander and Georgia have both dropped from 91st centile to 50th/75th but it doesn't seem appropriate that I'd make such big babies so there was never a concern. Maybe she just needs to settle a little lower?

As for the bottles. I don't really know anything about formula but when I had xander if we gave him a bottle he never had more than 5oz and that's all the way up to a year old. George now has maybe 3oz if she has a bottle. If she's satisfied and content I wouldn't worry :hugs:

I agree with the others. If she is okay besides dropping Centiles then I wouldn't worry (or at least try not to) :hugs: is anyone enjoying the weather ? I'm not a fan lol. I don't even holiday abroad cos I hate it so much lol.

Karli .. Sydney has 3oz and only every will drink the off 4oz now and again but it's rare .. I've not been told anything about it not being enough to me it's how much they want aslong as they are drinking and gaining weight .. Some days we end up doing 2oz then hour later another 2 as she falls to sleep lol

Sydney is 10lb 2oz now

That's exactly what Poppy does. Some days she will have 2oz every two hours but is happy and content, wet and dirty nappies, smiling and laughing and defo growing so I'll put it out of my head.

Rhi, Zachary was the same. He started at 85th centile, dropped to 75th then followed 50th for ever.
My kids love the heat, Madi was asleep naked under a 13 tog quilt this morning. I'm in the garden sunbathing, mums got Poppy as I'm at hers next door eating all her food and drinking all her coke. Big thunderstorms tonight though :)

Anyone breastfeeding and suffering with hayfever? I'm going insane, there are safe antihistamines but I've read they can reduce milk supply in some mums so I'm too scared to take them. It doesn't help that we haven't cut the grass in forever and its all long and gone to seed.. Ugh ugh ugh achoo :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->