June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

How are our lil ones a month and older already! Its gone so quick :(
I am glad to be doing better at night times with him, he hasnt been screaming like he used to :)

Sorry your lil ones have had such rough nights, I definitely know what thats like..

As for the shower situation, i just wait until he is more content to have a quick shower or wait lol

I'm sorry people had a bad night's' sleep :hugs: I'm looking forward to dd having stretches of sleep longer than 2 hours, every other day she'll doe a 3 hour stretch, I hope it becomes regular soon!

on the shower front I too would just put her in the rocker in bathroom with me, if anything the steam will help keep her nose clear. I tend to only shower in the evenings when DH is home now as it's easier.

Stressing out about what to put her in, it's hot outside but will she cold in a sleeveless dress with no tights on? it was much easier with an autumn baby! :dohh:

Forgot to add - still having a light period type bleed, I want it to go now I'm sick of wearing pads all the time! anyone else still dealing with it?

I'm sorry people had a bad night's' sleep :hugs: I'm looking forward to dd having stretches of sleep longer than 2 hours, every other day she'll doe a 3 hour stretch, I hope it becomes regular soon!

on the shower front I too would just put her in the rocker in bathroom with me, if anything the steam will help keep her nose clear. I tend to only shower in the evenings when DH is home now as it's easier.

Stressing out about what to put her in, it's hot outside but will she cold in a sleeveless dress with no tights on? it was much easier with an autumn baby! :dohh:

Forgot to add - still having a light period type bleed, I want it to go now I'm sick of wetraileraring pads all the time! anyone else still dealing with it?
I agree with the clothing thing! Yes stopped bleeding about 3 days ago.... Got a little naughty with S.O. then started bleeding (lightly) again! UGH! About a week ago it was so hot that while on my walk apparently I have myself some 'diaper rash' it was the worst.... Has to use some of kailanis cream because I was so uncomfortable! I'm ready to be pad free now too!

Forgot to add - still having a light period type bleed, I want it to go now I'm sick of wetraileraring pads all the time! anyone else still dealing with it?
I agree with the clothing thing! Yes stopped bleeding about 3 days ago.... Got a little naughty with S.O. then started bleeding (lightly) again! UGH! About a week ago it was so hot that while on my walk apparently I have myself some 'diaper rash' it was the worst.... Has to use some of kailanis cream because I was so uncomfortable! I'm ready to be pad free now too!

I'm sorry you're dealing with the bleeding too, mine only till recently kept chaffing on my stitches ](*,) I hope yours stops soon! I have this dreaded feeling that with my luck the bleeding will stop soon and then my period will arrive :dohh:

Very hot here, going to be 30+ tomorrow..nervous as it gets so sweltering in our bedroom. We live in a 3 story where theres just 1 bedroom at the top (our bedroom) and for some reason it seems to mean it gets ridiculously hot in there. I think Im going to get some fans later from argos, hopefully theyre in stock!

Henry is now over 10lb. They dont have the baby weigh clinics anymore where I am due to cuts so I didnt think I would be able to get him weighed regularly but I went to the breastfeeding support group at my childrens center and someone comes to weigh them there every week which is really good.

H is keeping me busy this morning so need to catch up!

Re the shower though, she was grunting in her crib and wouldn't go back to sleep. I got a quick one and heard a loud cry (her crib is right outside the master bath so I can see and hear her). I jumped out, dried off, but then she was asleep. She seemed fine so I just got back in to quickly finish..she slept for another 1.5 hours though.

It is sooo hit here too Boo. We've been to soft play to take advantage of the air con lol. Weather warning for thunderstorms and hail tomorrow. Only in the UK!

I'm lucky that G is generally quite content so I manage to grab a shower when she's settled. My others weren't so easy though and I just had to wait until my husband was home to hold them.

Georgia was miserable yesterday evening. I have her calpol but she brought it back up straight away. She's brining up snot all the time and has a gross mucus cough. She will have had 2 bad days tomorrow so I'm hoping she'll be over the worst of it. It is after all, just a cold.

Took G to get weighed today and she was 9lb 11oz so following her centile. The health visitor was so pleased with her. I was a big sad that she's not tiny any more but then realised she's 2 and a half months and still only just going in to some 0-3 clothes. She's so long though.

Having a wee snooze while Sophie and Aaron were at soft play.

Attachments

• IMG_20160718_144151.jpg
    IMG_20160718_144151.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 8
Vanilla, I've never heard of heava! Have your babies used them?
And I think my bleeding has finally stopped. I couldn't stand wearing the pad either! I think they were starting to irritate my skin a bit from such long term use. I stopped using them after 4 weeks and just changed underwear if a bit of blood came back.

Pixie, last night sounds like it was a rough one for you! Hoping tonight is better <3

Mommyx, I looked at avent but weren't sure if they were orthopedic? I'll have to look again!

H is back at two feeds per night, although her second night feed was 430 and I prefer to get up at 4 so that's not really a 'night' feed. I've been sleeping in until she does these days though because she goes to bed later than I would like recently.. She's been going down at 830 and I like to be in bed by 7 or 730.

I hate pads!!!! I probably have a while to go yet. Ughh. I never even wore pads as a teenager I found them gross and uncomfortable. I used maternity pads for the first week then swapped to "normal " ones with wings... WTF is that about lol. They get all twisted LMAO. I don't understand how people can prefer them to tampons.... u can feel them all the time and I can't get them to sit properly. Always up my bloody arse etc. :haha:

Hope Georgia is feeling better soon.

Is anyone else's baby struggling in the heat ? Alice has basically slept all day. She isn't even eating as much =(

I hate all pads but the normal ones are of the devil! everytime I wear them they'll unstick and stick to me so I get a mini wax every time I walk. :rofl:

Rhi - she's struggling with the heat, we've been home for 45 minutes now and she's still fussing, I'm rocking her in her bouncer which is the only thing keeping her calm, I'm desperate to tie my hair up and change but she'll have a meltdown if I stop :dohh:

DS is upstairs doing god knows what/wrecking the house and I can't yell or go up there :wacko:

starlight- I haven' gotten around to buying them yet but I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Dory - gorgeous photo! :flower: I hope she continues to stay on the mend

Poppy seems fine in the heat Rhi. She has slept and took bottles as normal, but we all love the heat, the other two are out in the pool as we speak. I have been giving her a cool bath though at night just before bed.

We went along to 6 week check today, and the doctor has taken my concerns about Poppys hemangioma seriously which is reassuring because most brush it off and will not treat them or refer you. He said as its still quite small, and flat to her head, just to wait and see ( most disappear by the time they're 5 ) but i feel like its growing or swelling rapidly to take her back and he will be happy to refer me to a pediatric dermatologist. So im happy as i feel like i have been listened to.

Nothing much going on here, just got back from Yarmouth, we had such a good time, sooooooooo glad we didn't go this week, i cant imagine being stuck in a bloody caravan in 32 degrees!

Poppy is now smiling loads and she lets out little laughs sometimes. Can't wait to hear her giggle :cloud9:
Shes having bottles at 7/10/1/4/7 then 10.30 ish and 2am and 5.30. Growing like a weed! She is in 0-3 month clothes now :)

Heres a few pictures.

This morning when i told her we have to do the school run again :
13692564_10157156123275721_3797913025532583468_n.jpg

With Zach :)
13697160_10157153536420721_3474844084929967990_n.jpg

My little strawberry wearing strawberries :)
13731581_10157148489555721_2889098561893570787_n.jpg

Georgia won't stop feeding. She's had a few 1hr naps where she would usually have 3+ hrs at a time. She's been doing lovely massive smiles though :cloud9:

I hated having to use pads. After weeks it starts to really irritate. Hope it almost over m for you Ladies!

Dory how long is Georgia!! She looks massive - and that's a huge weight gain! I'm sure the Georgia's were a very similar weight a few weeks ago? I'm getting G weighed on Wednesday but I think I'm hoping for 9lbs

Mommy that's an excellent weight gain!

Karli Poppy is a little stunner, those pictures are beautiful!

Hope she settles vanilla. And fingers crossed your son isn't trashing the place!

I think Alice has fed like 4 times all day which is odd for her. Also it wasn't for as long. I hate it when they do things like this. Now I'm obsessing. Worrying about what is wrong etc. She is just sleepy and that's it lol. Also her milk spots have come out in force so she looks a right sweaty mess lol. Like an awkward teenager haha.

Karli those pics are super cute and I love the strawberries =) glad ure dr was good ! It is bloody horrible when u feel ignored etc.

Karli - love those photos! I love the strawberry, dress! I would wear it if they had it in my size,I'm obsessed with anything with fruit on :haha:

I forgot to say the other that we've noticed dd has a birthmark of some sort on her back and it looks similar to your dd's.

DS was getting dressed apparently, which usually means taking everything out of his drawers, not my problem, dh can deal with it :haha: :ignore:

Poppy has had less feeds actually, shes missed a bottle this afternoon, i was just relishing the long sleep she had :haha:

Im sure Alice is fine Rhi <3

Funny you should say that Vanilla, i am too. I have just brought half of the Next sale because it had watermelons all over. <3

The romper is from Asda and only cost £6, it comes with a little hat too. Its very sweet... no clothes for her today though shes only got a nappy on atm :)

Alice is also just rocking a nappy today. It's too damn hot.

Attachments

• IMAG3582_1.jpg
    IMAG3582_1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe