June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

Anyone breastfeeding and suffering with hayfever? I'm going insane, there are safe antihistamines but I've read they can reduce milk supply in some mums so I'm too scared to take them. It doesn't help that we haven't cut the grass in forever and its all long and gone to seed.. Ugh ugh ugh achoo :(

Angel - Breastfeeding Network have a factsheet on antihistamines when breastfeeding. Basically thr non drowsy ones are fine to take.

I believe it is national policy for a paediatrician referral if a baby climbs or falls two centiles unexpectedly. That's why they were so concerned about Georgia's weight.

This is the first time Georgie has settled all stupid day and I need to get her up and dressed for the school run :dohh: fml

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/jaclynford13/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-07/20160719_143834_zpsvbj9cakx.jpg

Angel sorry about the hayfeaver :-( I hope you feel better!

we have woodwards gripe water? and it says 2.5 mls for a newborn. we did it with dd too. i haven't needed it anywhere near as much as i did with dd!

That's strange, I wonder why it's different over here, maybe ours contains an ingredient that the us version doesn't ?

Pixie - she looks so peaceful! hopefully she'll still be nice and calm after the school run.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 5
Karli, about how many oz per day does Poppy drink?

H Is usually at 20 to 27 oz per day. She does 3 to 4 oz every 3 to 4 hours. She was 10 lb 6 oz last week at her appt.

Im finding the weather okay, its too hot to do anything though so just lounging around the house. Feel sorry for heavily pregnant ladies today!

We dont really have any routine. Recently Henry has been having crying colicy time from 8pm until midnight every day without fail so Ive not been able to try and establish bedtime, plus with bfing the feeds are soo random and we feed on demand so each day and night differs so much.

Pixie - look at those thighs! My eldest 2 had thighs like that and I loved them. Georgia barely has a single roll.

Rang the go who didn't even want to see her and just said it was a cold so not really feeling any different. It's just the spewing from coughing that concerns me. I went on Google stupidly and everything suggested whooping cough which I know it isn't but makes me nervous at the same time. She's been sleeping on the bed next to Daddy most of the day today because he has man flu.

I also got 4 slings today to test for Which? over the next four weeks. It's a bit of a secret but I'm so excited!

Dory how exciting! What kind of slings are they?

Lol Georgia's rolls are new this week. I'm looking forward to her weigh in tomorrow :)

Oh, I forgot I hadn't said we have chosen a name for her.
Her name is Nellie Katherine. We call her 'Katkat' and always have and so in keeping with that we used my mothers middle name for her middle name too.
Now just to make an appointment to register her! Xx

There is an app that surestart recommended to me it's called the lullaby trust baby check and it asks about symptoms and offers advice.

Oh, I forgot I hadn't said we have chosen a name for her.
Her name is Nellie Katherine. We call her 'Katkat' and always have and so in keeping with that we used my mothers middle name for her middle name too.
Now just to make an appointment to register her! Xx

Lovely name and photo! I can't believe she's only 16 days old, she looks like she's really thriving .

Pixie - look at those thighs! My eldest 2 had thighs like that and I loved them. Georgia barely has a single roll.

Rang the go who didn't even want to see her and just said it was a cold so not really feeling any different. It's just the spewing from coughing that concerns me. I went on Google stupidly and everything suggested whooping cough which I know it isn't but makes me nervous at the same time. She's been sleeping on the bed next to Daddy most of the day today because he has man flu.

I also got 4 slings today to test for Which? over the next four weeks. It's a bit of a secret but I'm so excited!
Exciting! Will you get to keep the slings?

On the illness I would call and speak to / see another gp, some love to say everything is a cold, when DS had bad croup the first doctor who saw him said cold and the second sent us to hospital. It's probably something she'll recover from easily but it's better for your piece of mind to get a second opinion.

DS has worms and it's making me feel ill, bugs really bring out my anxiety :nope:

Vanilla, i have an irrational fear of worms and nits. I feel you on the anxiety. Xx

Dory, do you often test products for which? Do you get to keep your favourite?! Xx

I can't offer any advice on bottle feeding I'm afraid ladies. N is BF and feeds all the time. She is looking huge so I'm sure she is piling on the weight! Xx

I keep reading not to give water to s breastfed baby but J is sweltering and going mental at the breast as she's not getting it as fast as she wants/needs. Considering giving some formula as a one off extra for the fluids.

Wow I haven't been on all day and I come back to find a couple of the babies are sleeping through the night! I'm not jealous at all lol :haha:

Gah it's been so hot today. We had an appt for Arthurs first kidney investigation today and it involved having a catheter :( He was so brave. We were there waiting for 45 mins and there was no air conditioning. I think it might actually have been torture!

Karli I wouldn't worry about Poppy it sounds like she's just fine. Arthur is up to 6oz bottles now and occasionally drains them but often falls asleep on them. Because I don't want to end up doing tiny bottles more often, I gently wind him and usually once his wind is up he's keen for more

I'm off for my third shower of the day it's ridiculous!!

Hope Georgia is feeling better dory x

Vanilla how do you know he has worms? I worry about this all the time!

Teeny she is gorgeous and I am soooooo jealous! Nellie is my favorite name but OH wouldn't let me use it... It suits her ❤️

I've made a real effort to give Poppy whole bottles today, she isn't keen on the second half of the bottle when I've winded her, and tbh I am always so busy with all the kids I just give up when she's asleep, so I've really sat with her and tried and she's drank nearly all of her bottles today, leaving just the teat full of milk. I feel a bit guilty because I should have pushed her bottles a bit more :(

We've borrowed two fans today one is in our room on Poppy and our bed and one in the kids room, the house feels so nice and cool now. I have wondered if should maybe put Poppy in her cot, it's in my room next to my bed, as apposed to the Moses basket as it looks cooler?!

Boo I was wondering about Arthur's kidneys today, I'm glad everything went ok. I have been reading again about children with multiple hemangiomas and apparently it can be a marker for internal ones, and if they have a few they're supposed to be sent for an MRI to check. All a bit scary.

Lovely name teeny :)

Karli- mine have always dropped centiles overtime until they have eventually settled on a line. Dd3 never went over 5oz the entire time and although she is still small she now eats for England. :)

Wow I haven't been on all day and I come back to find a couple of the babies are sleeping through the night! I'm not jealous at all lol :haha:

Gah it's been so hot today. We had an appt for Arthurs first kidney investigation today and it involved having a catheter :( He was so brave. We were there waiting for 45 mins and there was no air conditioning. I think it might actually have been torture!

Karli I wouldn't worry about Poppy it sounds like she's just fine. Arthur is up to 6oz bottles now and occasionally drains them but often falls asleep on them. Because I don't want to end up doing tiny bottles more often, I gently wind him and usually once his wind is up he's keen for more

I'm off for my third shower of the day it's ridiculous!!

Hope Georgia is feeling better dory x
Well done Arthur on being brave :hugs: I hope it all went well.

Vanilla how do you know he has worms? I worry about this all the time!

He's been scratching his bum a lot and complaining lots so we took him down to the chemists who gave us the medication, I hate the fact that we all have to take it. :growlmad:

Oh wow. Can you see them? I have a fear of this also...

Karli has Poppy's second haemangioma just started appearing? Great about her bottles! Arthur is also not always that bothered at first with the second half but he does take it all and that means he goes 4 hours often until his next one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->