June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

Dory, poor baby. They need to take it seriously as she'll get dehydrated bringing up all her milk. So sad. Xx

Ach Dory, your poor wee darling. I hope the appointment has been helpful & you'very got something for Georgia :hugs:

Boo, good news. I hope August's scan shows the result you want too.

Health visitor has just been Róise continues to thrive, staying on her centile; 8lb 6oz now at 6 weeks +5 days :) she's also grown 1.5cm in the last 2 weeks & still on her centile there too.

We saw the nurse practitioner, not the doctor. They were going to send G to paeds at the hospital but think it's likely just viral so decided against it. She's fine everywhere except for her cough and a bit of a snotty nose. I have to get a urine sample today and take her to see the doctor tomorrow morning. Strict instructions to take her straight there or a&e if she gets any worse.

oh dory i'm so sorry !! that sounds dreadful! poor thing, thank goodness it's just viral and not whooping cough!

and vaniila i'm so sorry about the worms too. yikes!!!!

sorry ladies about the bad catch ups lately. had a few longer nights here, thinking j is trying to be sleeping in with me again. i finally gave in this am, he ate, and slept silently and happily by my side. he had been fussing ALL night.

I hope she feels better soon dory. :hugs: it's horrible watching them be sick etc.

Afm- I'm really struggling with the feeding. Yesterday it was every 30 mins all day long. With the heat etc it just really got me wound up. My boob's still hurt when she initially latches. Also they leak really bad. Like they soak through the pads my bra and top etc. I have no time to shower so I'm a Sticky mess lol. I told My husband how upset I was and his actual response "if you stop feeding just because you're lazy I will be really dissapointed" "you just want to be lazy and use a bottle so everyone else can do it for you. Don't be one of those mums"

SO yeah how judgemental.... feel even worse now =( he is very pro breastfeeding which ordinarily is super nice but not when the flip side is that he is super critical of using formula... not sure he realises how much of a tit he sounds tbh. Ughhh.

Rhi that's horrible of him to say. Very frustrating to hear he said that.

Dory - hopefully she'll improve overnight, I'm a bit miffed they didn't get you to see an actual doctor though.

Rhi - if dh dared to say something like that it would start world war 3 in our house! You're clearly much nicer/more forgiving then me, as a man incapable of breastfeeding he really can't comment on it. :hugs:

DD is still constipated and she's in a fowl mood, she's just fallen asleep thankfully but will no doubt be upset again when she wakes up, I don't blame her it must be very uncomfortable. Giving her water, tummy rubs and baths aren't helping at all.

Oh rhi that's not nice at all :-( breastfeeding is hard! And the hardest part is probably knowing no one can help. My husband is very pro bf too but he offers to give G a bottle any time I'm struggling or tired.

There's a massive difference between being pro bf and being anti ff! Could he give a bottle to give you a break? Sounds like he just wants to be lazy because he's the one that would have to pitch in!

Sorry about the leaking :-( hopefully it'll settle down really quickly. I think I only used pads for the first 3/4 weeks this time. It was months with Xander.

Ohhh. I'm not that nice vanilla. he got told where to put his opinion. He spent the night on our two year olds bedroom floor. After a lovely exchange of words haha.

See normally I would just assume it's a guy trying to not pull his weight. But he is very hands on. He does everything at the moment. When he is not at work obviously.

I hope the leaking stops soon. =(

Just got back from baby clinic.

Georgia is 9lbs 8.5oz! She's jumped back up to almost the 91st centile corrected (9th actual). Still not quite Xander's birth weight but only 6.5oz off :)

Ohhh. I'm not that nice vanilla. he got told where to put his opinion. He spent the night on our two year olds bedroom floor. After a lovely exchange of words haha.

See normally I would just assume it's a guy trying to not pull his weight. But he is very hands on. He does everything at the moment. When he is not at work obviously.

I hope the leaking stops soon. =(

I'm glad to hear it :haha:

Just got back from baby clinic.

Georgia is 9lbs 8.5oz! She's jumped back up to almost the 91st centile corrected (9th actual). Still not quite Xander's birth weight but only 6.5oz off :)

That's fantastic! Way to go Georgia :D

Stupid gp hasn't called yet, what's the likelyhood she'll call the minute I leave for the school run ? :dohh:

rhi I'd be a widow if DH said that to me!! glad he got a telling off. I'm a leaker too, I just constantly reek of sour milk.

Hi ladies sorry im not caught up. We've just got home following 3 nights in hospital - Casey was treated for suspected sepsis but responded well to treatment and they were happy with results so let him come home today - god its scary I've never been through anything like that before. Seems like quite a lot of the June babies have needed various hospital stays - let's hope no more!

Ugh Tinky, I'm sorry to hear that :-( we really do have a group of different to average babies here!

Brill weight gain Pixie! So she's still keeping up with Georgia Lauren's little weight spike. I wonder if she'll drop again with all the vomiting recently.

Tinky - I'm glad to hear he's okay now, that sounds like a scary experience :hugs:

Afm, useless gp called and said she wouldn't give DD anything and that I should see my regular gp tomorrow, I want to cry when I think of the horrible night I've got ahead of me alongside a horrible head cold.

I'm so pissed off by that attitude to BF/FF it's like something out of the dark ages. And what's the most upsetting is that that's what some people actually think! Totally uneducated! I couldn't give a toss if my husband was 'pro BF' and actually that just meant he was bullying me into continuing. Thankfully my husband is happy to do whatever the hell I want in fact is encouraging of formula and helping out. Sorry but this has really boiled my p*ss!

Obv I don't mean your OH is uneducated Rhi, I mean some opinions out there about BF are uneducated... I read that back and it sounded very ranty. I'm in a ranty mood clearly and this heat doesn't help! But yes I didn't mean to offend your husband in particular..

Oh Tinky :hugs: how scary, so glad he's OK now. Its so horrible when they have to have all the tests and wires and canulas. :cry:

Poor little casey and poor you, what happened?

Hugs tinky sounds very scary :hugs: Glad little Casey is okay now.

Rhi glad your hubby stayed on your ds bedroom floor, that was shockingly out of order..even more so coming from a bloke who will never experience bfing. Its exhausting and can be mentally damaging too! Just accuse HIM of being lazy and wanting you to bf so he doesnt have to chip in with most of the baby care and the night.feeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->