June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

We started DTD again at about 5 weeks it was fine. I was really worried about opening my tear as before I'd never had any vaginal deliveries before so this was different!

I think we dtd at about 8 weeks. I was nervous about the tear too but it was fine.

Xander had bronchiolitis too when he was about 8m. He was hospitalised over night to be put on nebulisers and given steroids. Tbh I don't remember him ever having problems with his lungs before that but afterwards he needed steroids and inhalers for even just a cold. I really hope little Georgia Lauren is feeling better soon Dory. Poor little thing

We're off to butlins tomorrow :dance: I've still got so stupid much to do :dohh: I'm such a div!

Pixie - have fun at Butlins! The weekend is supposed to be hot again so perfect weather for it!

We DTD at 4 weeks i think, i was more scared of him not being able to touch the sides :rofl: 3 babies, 8 and half pound and over i thought may have ruined me, but its the same as before :haha: We didn't use anything but pull out method though, but we used that successfully for 5 years so i think we should be ok :D

Dory i hope Georgia is ok xx

Good to have you back Lavo!

Hope Georgia recovers quickly Dory; can they give her anything for bronchiolitis?

Enjoy your hol Pixie! I'm holding Róise & I laughed when I read what you said about feeding G, & totally startled my baby ;)

Welcome back Lavo!

No AF here yet. I don't know if she's on her way - I had some cm for several days a while ago but not ewcm & it's stopped since. Plus I haven't had any o pains. We're not trying again til next spring so I'd welcome another couple of AF free months!

Róise is 7 weeks today & we haven't DTD either - we're too tired as she barely sleeps! Plus her crib is right next to our bed. It took months after I had my son for it not to hurt, so I imagine it'll take us a while to get back into the swing of things.

Dory sorry about G I hope she's better soon.

I'm still bleeding so no dtd for us yet. For contraception I'm considering the copper coil as hormone based contraceptives turn me into a crazy person. Condoms have always worked for us on the past so that's an option.

Does anyone know if you can help replenish the good bacteria in babies gut? Casey has had diarrhoea caused by the antibiotics killing off the good bacteria in the gut I feel awful and was wondering if there was anything I could eat that might help pass the bacteria in my breast milk.

I've been taking strong probiotics daily in the hope of counteracting the antibiotics she had that first week. Some websites https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/child/preventing-thrush/ advise giving them to babu directly but I wasn't sure and chose to take them myself first.

Angel what about the copper coil? I had it for 18 months and was great, heavier period each month but small price to pay for being completely hormone free and safe from pregnancy!

Dory hope little Georgia is better soon xxxx

Welcome back lavo :)

Leo is 6 weeks, 4 weeks adjusted and feeding like a demon. is this a growth spirt or something??

I don't know how you are all finding the time for sex! :haha: if I'm not feeding the baby then she is laying right next to me sleeping... oh dear. Gonna be a long wait in this house I reckon lol.
We are looking to get dh snipped now that we are done having children. Not sure what the process is though or if it is something the nhs still covers ?! If not it will have to be private. Until then we will probably just use the family planning method. It has worked for us so far. I usually just accept a prescription for the pill at my six week check then never use it. Keeps them happy though and gets you out the room quicker haha

Did anyone else opt for the jpmbb ring sling ?! I was chuffed with it but when I tried to use it.... it just didn't work out. Baby either hangs to slack to safely use or her leg turns blue! As it's obviously pulled to tight =/ I rolled the tail part up around the head etc exactly like the manual said and that's kinda crappy also... not sturdy enough. It's like it just doesn't pull tight enough round the top at all .... now I'm wondering if it's too big for me ? Which I didn't think was possible tbh. Ughhh. Can't really buy anything else ATM as we are about to be short half a months wages thanks to crappy paternity pay. Really wanted to use the sling instead of hauling the pram out of the car constantly. Like right now I want to go to the post box... it's at the bottom of my road. But I will need to spend the next ten mins pulling the pram out of the car and assembling it... just so I can take a five minute walk. I miss my Quinny !

No af here, but then again I've only stopped spotting a day or so ago :haha: who knows, maybe my periods started the day after lochia stopped and I didn't notice? wishful thinking on my part :haha:

Pixie - I hope you enjoy your holiday!

No DTD here either, I have the flu/infected tonsils so feel like death atm, we'll probably attempt in a week or so but who knows :haha: no contraception here, our FS is convinced we'll never need any again and we're happy to go with the flow, if I fall pregnant again I'll be booking private counselling as I'll really need it but I doubt anything will happen.

Dory - I hope G is a little better today :hugs:

Rhi - it will vary area to area but usually there'll be a waiting list and requirements to meet - normally around age and waiting if you've just had a baby as they want to be sure you won't want a reversal further down the line.

The gp said to keep giving her water as she was able to have a normal bm yesterday, she said if the problem persists to switch to comfort formula but I've read on here that it makes some babies even more constipated so I'm holing off as long as possible.

I'm dreading AF appearing, I used to get very heavy periods and the blood loss is concerning me considering I'm still very anemic. As for contraception I wanted the pill at first but because I still have hypertension it doesn't look like an option.

Ladies who have had more than one, how did your second pregnancy/labour compare to the first? We wanted more than one child and quite close together however I'm scared of having the same complications next time if we do go through with it. I feel like my anxiety may make us miss out.

Rhi, ob was pushing contraception at my six week so I just accepted the pill rx. I don't really want to go back on it but I also only want one child.

Alice wont take a dummy... but she is using me as one !!
very stressful as my nipples are raw :/ and its getting so painful. once i unlatch her she wakes within ten mins ! she has been off my boob for about two hours total..

Lavo I had the worst labour the first time. pre eclampsia, blood Liss, infection, forceps etc. I swore I'd never do it again but u had some counselling which helped but it was still a few years before I was ready. second time I did gave high BP and blood Liss but labour was so natural and couldn't have been more different. try not to let anxiety stop you. have you considered using the debriefing service at the hospital.

with dd my af didn't show up til 6 months, and again at 12. really hoping it's similar this time. AND i wish i would be done this discharge. very small amount but come on!!!

Lavo, Madis birth was pretty easy, but i was scared with Zach. His birth was also 'textbook' but it mentally scared me, and when i was pregnant with Poppy i had the most awful anxiety about giving birth. But her birth was perfect! I would do her birth again in a heartbeat! It healed alot of old wounds for me i think.

Rhi, im sorry your boobies are so sore. I feel like i cant really comment about BF as i have never done it, and i hope i don't get shot down for this but can't you give her a bottle or two and let them heal a bit? Or is that not how BF works? I honestly have zero idea.

Just wanted to share this of Pop, she was sitting up against the sofa for ages by herself and laughing along to Madi!

13716225_10157173452375721_8405555031439137538_n.jpg

Karli.... i really dont know either tbh, i exclusively breastfed my other two until around ten months, then introduced milk with their meals etc. So i dno. I am seriously considering combi feeding though. I just don't know how it works in regards to milk supply etc or how it should be done. I think partially its so difficult because my two year old needs my time also and the poor thing is being left out :( he keeps coming to me to show me his toy or his colouring and asking me to come play. I literally can't. then he starts crying and shouting please mum. over and over, which of course sets the baby off.

I havent left the house for over a week and i have a stress headache :( I really feel that if i don't start adding in a bottle i'm going to loose my mind ! My husband just keeps saying "shes only little give it more time" ughhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->