June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

Tinky - I'm glad to hear he's okay now, that sounds like a scary experience :hugs:

Afm, useless gp called and said she wouldn't give DD anything and that I should see my regular gp tomorrow, I want to cry when I think of the horrible night I've got ahead of me alongside a horrible head cold.

Is it constipation she has? Arthur got very constipated and cool boiled water worked but the other things that work are giving a bottle of the ready made version of your formula, or mixing a tiny amount of the juice of an orange with the cool boiled water. I never tried the last one as the others worked for us. But the HV suggested that if it didn't work. You might want to seek advice about exactly how much though? X

Tinky sorry to hear you had such a scare & glad to hear Casey is ok.

Rhi your husband ought to be doing everything if you're having to feed so much at the moment; you can't!

Vaniilla, sorry to hear the GP was useless. I'd have thought she could give you something for your poor uncomfortable baby :(

Dory, still thinking of you & Georgia.

Pixie, great weight gain for Georgia :)

AFM, completely unrelated to babies, I've just spilt a drop of superglue on my dress. Right on the bust & now it's ruined. I'm absolutely raging. Maybe moreso than the situation warrants, but I like this dress, I've had it a long time, & I have hardly any clothes that fit me yet without ruining the ones that do 😠😠😠

We've been watering down bottles as she point blank refuses plain water and it's not really helped. I have an app with my gp at 10 today so hopefully she'll be able to give us something.

Typical, today she's actually sleeping not too bad but I've been up all night sweating like crazy thanks to hot and cold flashes and now I'm awake because my throat is killing me. Pity party over here!

Squig - oh no, there's nothing worse then wrecking favourite clothes, is it definitely not salvegable?

Well first AF is here today! That didn't take long :|

Well first AF is here today! That didn't take long :|

:-( that is definitely the biggest benefit of breastfeeding for me (though they returned at 12 weeks with my eldest).

We saw another nurse practitioner this morning. The one yesterday seemed most concerned about the vomiting but the one today was concerned about the cough. Her temperature is much better today but she has crackles on her lungs now which weren't there yesterday so they think she could be brewing bronchiolitis. They were happy for me to watch her at home. Any temperature over 37 and she's said to go straight to a&e because of her being prem.

Had to stop writing halfway through because she was sick :-/ urine yesterday was clear but they sent it to the lab anyway.

Poor G, I hope she's better soon.

Has anyone else had AF yet? If had a few spots of browny discharge and thought it was coming but nothing?

I had mine last week :lol: was awful aswell I'll be happy when it settles back down to my normal 5 day cycle and less heavy! This one was abit longer and heavier which was expected I think.

I have postnatal check start August hate going to them as it's mainly about contraception and I physically have been in everything and had to stop because of my skin it causes my eczema to just go crazy and to save that getting in a state I'd rather avoid things! I'm not having sex either and won't be anytime soon so I'm not concerned .. But I know it's what will be instantly said ..
Injections for Sydney on the same day I'm dreading that :lol:

Love the shades Sydney!

No AF here yet, hoping bf keeps it at bay for a while.

Hope Georgia is on the mend soon.

On our way back from bf group, love it there, 1.5 hours of sitting down being brought tea and cake! :haha:

Im sorry you guys are suffering with heat atm, hope it eases soon. Xx

Has anyone tried those premade formulas you can get from boots? The ones with the teats included?

I've still got tons of expressed milk in the freezer so G hasn't had any formula since we were in the hospital. I bought some of the pre made bottles so I could have a drink one night on holiday. Carl's just tried her with one and she's completely refused to entertain it. She's had a feed instead and I swear she was giving me the death stare while she was feeding :haha: ahh well. I've got a friend who's pregnant that might want the other 5 bottles :dohh:

I've had two instances of spotting where I thought af was on its way but it never arrived :shrug:

Vanilla did you get any help off the GP?

Pixie, we use the ready to use formula but pour it into regular bottles before giving it to her. Our pediatrician office has them too and we have used the 'to go' nipples there and she seemed to take it just as well as the bottles she uses at home. We have only fed her with the to go nipples at the office 3 times with her though.

Dory, any update on G?

Dreading my period coming back. I don't breast feed her often so I'm sure mine will be here soon. I got pregnant after stopping the birth control pill so I haven't had a period that wasn't a withdrawal bleed from the pill in about 10 years! I imagine it will be heavier.

Hi ladies! Better late than never but can you add me to the front page please. Rupert George was born on 29th June, 8lb 13oz.

I'm sorry for being so inactive but things have been hectic again. Rupert has a skin infection and possible eczema, we have got a course of antibiotics for him but it is proving fun to get him to take them! On the positive side he now weighs 9lb 7oz so the weight that he dropped hasn't caused us too much of an issue in the end.

I hope you are all well and hopefully I'll be able to catch up.

No AF here either, also hoping bfing will keep it away.

Has anyone else still not DTD? Henry is 6 weeks old in two days but the thought of sex is just absolutely off-putting to me.

Pixie, we use the ready to use formula but pour it into regular bottles before giving it to her. Our pediatrician office has them too and we have used the 'to go' nipples there and she seemed to take it just as well as the bottles she uses at home. We have only fed her with the to go nipples at the office 3 times with her though.

Dory, any update on G?

Dreading my period coming back. I don't breast feed her often so I'm sure mine will be here soon. I got pregnant after stopping the birth control pill so I haven't had a period that wasn't a withdrawal bleed from the pill in about 10 years! I imagine it will be heavier.

Yes, there's a proper update on the previous page :) looks like she had bronchiolitis unfortunately.

Lavo I'll add you tomorrow 💖 when I'm on my laptop!

Tinkerbelle ds is 5 weeks Saturday and im already dreading the 6weekz visit to the ob when they give the ok and dh starts bothering me. It took 3 months for sex not to be excruciating last time and I hadn't even torn that time. I'm terrified.

We've not had sex, I told him I'm waiting for the 6 week check but truth is I'm just so scared of getting pregnant again! I don't want to use anything hormonal while bf... But I'm scared condoms will fail as we've had mishaps before. OH is totally opposed to anything permanent.

No af here yet, i think it will show its ugly face soon lol

Weve started to dtd in the last week, i was a bit cautious because of csection scar but everything seems fine :), i wont be overdoing it though

We are thinking of DTD soon. For the time being we will be using condoms and BF as our protection.
I'm not sure of long term options as I plan to breast feed for as long as possible (DD was 2.5 yrs) so we are limited as to what we can use. Xx

Dory, what is the treatment for that honey? I think it may be what a nephew of mine had as a baby. Xx

Lavo, good to see you back. Xx

Micah had bronchiolitis at 4 months, it was horrid but didn't last long thankfully. I hope G recovers quickly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->