June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

Mommyx, that's so sweet! I'm wondering if naps will ever get easier though? I love cuddling but sometimes I think if she napped in her crib more often, I could get stuff done around the house!

For the easy babies... Do you just set them down and they don't cry and/or go to sleep? Seems foreign lol

naps did get easier, because i did controlled crying at 6 months. it took about one day to manage. we also had to do it at night. she didn't make it passed 5 minutes and took 3 days of that. then never cried again for bed. we put her down, she goes to sleep. she also started taking the paci around 3 or 4 months. the mobile helped a lot too when she was able to turn it on herself at 6 months. (at that point it was more of just a music box but she really loved it.)

she's been a fantastic sleeper ever since. i put her to bed, no fussing or crying. sometimes she plays with her stuffed friends or sings and then passes out on her own.

ds on the other hand, as soon as i put j down with his paci after he eats he goes right to bed. i don't use the mobile cause i'm afraid it'll cause more distraction and since he's so good at sleeping, i just let him be. the swaddling REALLY helps though. last night he had his last feed at 10, and woke once at 4 for ten minutes, then up at 7. so much different than dd!

i can't believe we have 2 month old babies. how is that even possible.

Happy two months Poppy and Sydney!

Karli, so cray that Poppy never cries! H cries a lot...

Are bouncy chairs usually more soothing than swings? Our swing can double as a bouncy chair but we haven't used it because it required batteries and we haven't put them in yet.

Mommyx, I don't think I could do controlled crying because I'm so senstivie so any crying. Maybe I'll feel differently when she's older? Thankfully nights usually aren't too bad right now. I'm going back to work soon and it might be harder to deal then.

starlight, she had been waking every single night every thirty minutes after the 4 month sleep regression. it went on from 4-6 months. i was a literal zombie. i was desperate! i couldn't function as a human anymore.

Mommy, Yikes I'm scared for that regression! I feel tired now and H has good stretches usually. I don't know how I'm going to deal.

Xander also woke every 30 minutes for months. I don't think I've ever been so miserable as his first year

Lol mommy we almost have a few 3 month olds! Georgia Lauren will be 3 months old tomorrow and Georgia Florence and Arthur will be 12 weeks old this week. I don't know how the time goes!

Loooove Poppy's rainbow baby grow!

Yes Arthie is 12 weeks on Friday. Crazy! He has his SECOND set of injections this week. Seriously how is that even possible

managed to capture this smile this afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG-20160731-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20160731-WA0000.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 5
Gorgeous photos! especially the smiley ones :cloud9:

Pixie - that sucks, I hope I'm not spotting for ages.

Becy - Happy two months to your little girl!

More smiles :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 2
H was hard to get to sleep last night. She pooped right after going down so after cleaning up she was so overtired. Then she woke up at 1230a sucking in her hand. She does this to go back to sleep but at 130a she was still doing it so I was worried she was hungry. I hate not knowing :(

Great pictures!!

I'm sure if hannah was hungry she would let you know about it. As I've said Leo is a very easy baby but if he is hungry he let's me know!!! you've said before that she socks on you to fall asleep and that she socks her hand, I do wonder if you could get the right dummy for her if it could really help settle her.

I tried Leo with all if the little orthopaedic dummies but he would only take the large cherry teat.

Poppy slept form 8.30pm - 2.30 - up at 6.30 :)
She's 8 weeks now and I haven't had a thing through for her injections? Do I wait for them or should I ring?

Alice is a month old on Wednesday. It's crazy that some of the babies are 12 weeks. It has flown by!

Karli - I would ring if you're wanting her vaccinated.

Georgia is 3 months old today! It certainly doesn't feel like it.

Starlight - sadly my first two refused all dummies (and all bottles too). I got myself stressed with my first trying to find a bottle she would take and wasted so much money. If I were you u would just try to roll with it and find a way that works for you.

I would ring up karli..with DS1 you would get letters through but this time round you have to ring and book everything in.

Ive not had my PP check up yet. Henry had his six week check with the HV and then has the doctors check up alongside his 8 week jabs. However youre supposed to book a whole seperate appointment for your own check. Wondering if theres any point in me having one though? Bleeding has stopped fine, i didnt have a tear or anything, feeding is going great and I dont feel like Im suffering from pnd. Still havent decided what contraception to have but will decide that myself. So dont know if theres any point?

starlight definitely not trying to scare you. i bet H won't be anything like what i went through. some regressions aren't even that bad! i also am worried about it, but only because of what i went through last time.

and omg i realized it after i wrote it- 3 month old babies! ds is only going to be 7 weeks this weekend ! my girl will turn 5 too.

my pp appt is today. yuck. lol

We had a night of poor sleep too, we had a lot of picking up and putting back down on loop for ages.

mommy - I hope your 6 week appointment goes well today :)

Karli - I would ring up too.

Dory - Happy 3 months to Georgia! That's gone by so incredibly fast.

Starlight - we never had a regression that bad, I remember the 4 month one was the worst for him but it didn't last longer than a week or so and it seemed worse as he'd recently started sleeping through so waking up a few times was more noticeable iykwim.

We are no where near sleeping through but because of the bedsharing I don't even remember waking up! Well I do(but I couldn't tell you when or for how long ) obviously haha. But it's no bother at all. Baby feeds as soon as she starts stirring and never actually makes a noise etc. I'm sure my husband must think she sleeps all night though :haha: she does start having a moan at about 8pm though if we are not upstairs laying down for the night... which is a bit of a pest. She will happily stay in the bed until 8am! Just boring for me having to go bed so early =/

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1470044818885.jpg
    FB_IMG_1470044818885.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe