June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

Hi all, only just caught up from the last week or so.
Not much different here, Arthur is still sleeping and feeding every 3-4 hours and occasionally 5-7 overnight. He's feeding 6oz per bottle now so around 30 plus ounces a day. He's also smiling a lot now, mainly at me and also trying get to talk/babble.

The HV came yesterday for his 6 week check up and he's now 11lb 4oz so sitting at just above the 50th centile although he's height is 75th which didn't surprise me as it's the first time I've had baby gros fit for the correct age. :)

I hand expressed a few ounces yesterday to try Henry with a bottle and he really seemed to hate it! It took ages to get him to even suck on it and eventually he drank a bit of the milk but kept constantly pulling away and crying and we kept having to encourage him to drink from it and the whole process took aaages. There was milk leftover and he was still hungry but point blank refused anymore and cried until he got boob :/

Going to try again today, just worried he wont take to a bottle and I never have that option!

Starlight - Ive read the same regarding smell.

Last night was horrendous, she was up every hour at least, she was just up all night screaming and crying. I hope it was a one off as I'm barely functioning today.

Good luck to all the ladies with upcoming jabs :hugs:

Poor babies having jabs :-( casey has his next Wednesday - dreading it.

Casey is really tall (above top percentile ) he's outgrown most 0-3 sleep suits at 7 weeks! !! Weighs 12 lb 4.5 oz which is a bit lower than he should be.

Starlight I think they go off smell a lot but will be interesting to hear how she reacts.

Ooh thats so cool youre an identical twin starlight! I never thought about how children of an identical twin will obviously see someone who looks just like their mum/dad x

Juni had her jabs today, they went OK she stopped crying when I gave the calpol afterwards. She weighs 10lb13 now, so she's dipped slightly below the 50th percentile she was just above before. HV was perfectly happy with that but it makes me nervous.

Vanilla, yikes I hope tonight is better! <3

H slept well last night but stayed awake at 4am after I woke to feed her before my shower. Maybe I should have let her sleep? I didn't want her to wake up hungry while I was in there (it was 4am and her last feed had been 530pm the day before). She took a three hour nap in the morning (6 to 9) in my arms but barely napped later when my parents were watching her. She was so fussy when we got home and fell asleep before her last feeding for the night. I dread waking her up now that she's asleep peacefully but she will for sure wake up in my middle of the night to eat if I don't feed her before I go to bed, as her last feeding was 315p.

Are we suppose to give Tylenol to our babies after their shots? I don't have any of the baby Tylenol so I may need to pick some up before Thursday.

Weighed Alice myself this morning so I imagine its not as exact as it could be but she is around 12lbs =) wee chunk!

Vanilla, yikes I hope tonight is better! <3

H slept well last night but stayed awake at 4am after I woke to feed her before my shower. Maybe I should have let her sleep? I didn't want her to wake up hungry while I was in there (it was 4am and her last feed had been 530pm the day before). She took a three hour nap in the morning (6 to 9) in my arms but barely napped later when my parents were watching her. She was so fussy when we got home and fell asleep before her last feeding for the night. I dread waking her up now that she's asleep peacefully but she will for sure wake up in my middle of the night to eat if I don't feed her before I go to bed, as her last feeding was 315p.

Are we suppose to give Tylenol to our babies after their shots? I don't have any of the baby Tylenol so I may need to pick some up before Thursday.

In my jabs leaflet it says it's optional for the normal vaccines but important to give paracetamol after the men B one as it causes fever.

Have you tired a dream feed? we had mixed success with DS but it is helpful if it works, you feed them without waking them up.

Weighed Alice myself this morning so I imagine its not as exact as it could be but she is around 12lbs =) wee chunk!

wow that's a great weight! what percentile does that put her in?

Last night was much better thankfully, let's hope she's not too grizzly today as DH is out till late with work again.

I'm not too sure TBH vanilla. She has been following the 75th I believe. I will wait and see what she weighs at the health visitors next week on a better set of scales. I would think I should only be out by ounces though rather than entire pounds haha =) she is reaching the limit on her 0-3 clothes. Also she has huge feet. It's actually hilarious. I'm going to have to cut the feet parts off her sleepsuits. I measured them a while ago and they were bigger (according to Google) then your average three months old feet and that was at a few weeks old. I hope they slow down or she will have flippers soon ahaha

DId you all know it's 136 days until Christmas!! Waahayyy =)

I'm not too sure TBH vanilla. She has been following the 75th I believe. I will wait and see what she weighs at the health visitors next week on a better set of scales. I would think I should only be out by ounces though rather than entire pounds haha =) she is reaching the limit on her 0-3 clothes. Also she has huge feet. It's actually hilarious. I'm going to have to cut the feet parts off her sleepsuits. I measured them a while ago and they were bigger (according to Google) then your average three months old feet and that was at a few weeks old. I hope they slow down or she will have flippers soon ahaha

DId you all know it's 136 days until Christmas!! Waahayyy =)

She's probably over that now as DD is on the 75th percentile and she was 10lb 11oz. We're reaching the limit on 0-3 too, what are you doing for clothes next? 3-6 still look huge here.

Luckily we have alot of frugi dresses and they seem to be closer to a 3-6 than 0-3 the main issue is vests and sleepsuits and her big cloth bum isn't helping lol. Need some vest extenders. And will probably just put her I'm dresses for a while

Angel- she was 8'8 at birth

I haven't really had Juni in vests much, she's usually just in a romper which we fine room wise as they don't have feet.

Georgie is fitting in 0-3 and some 3-6 at the minute. I can't believe how fast she's growing! She was 10.7 a week ago so she's probably 11lbs now.

She's been fussing and sleeping badly this week, took her to the Dr's this morning and she's got thrush :-( that's 4 more syringes a day on top of the 2/3 she already has. It smells like aniseed - no wonder she hates it! Fingers crossed for a better night now that she's being treated - last night she was in bed 11pm - 4am and was up twice in between. I tried to settle her for a while but gave up at 5am and brought her down. Yawn

OMG I'm so loving the Olympics!! I've been quiet on here because I'm literally binge watching lol

Sorry about your bad night vanilla - was last night any better?

Pixie I'm also enjoying the Olympics - it's nice to have a reason to sit down and enjoy it.

Lots of fast growing babies in this group.

Is anyone's baby slower to grow? Juniper put on 9 ounces in 15 days so she's 10lb13 which the HV said was fine but seeing ad she's 2 months old tomorrow and was 9lb at birth I thought she would be 11lb by now!

Leo was 8lb 12.5oz when he was born and was weighed last Thursday and he is 11lb 8. He is on 50th centimetres but with his last weigh in is heading closer to the 25th. Hv was happy with his weight gain though so I'm not worrying too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->