June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

I love Sainsbury's nappies, used them for both my kids. They're closest to the shape of Huggies before Huggies stopped making nappies. (They still do pull ups and swimming nappies). They're cheaper than Aldi too!

Starlight - At first I just topped up with small amounts of formula after breastfeeding as I wanted to preserve the breastfeeding a priority, and pumped after those feeds. As time went on I replaced some feeds with bottles. I would BF if he woke during the night and first thing in the morning, then give a bottle if he still seemed hungry or mid morning if he was settled. Then I'd alternate BF and bottle feeds until evening when he had a bottle before bed.

Gave Alice some formula last night. She took six ounces and then I fed her to sleep ! She went to bed on her own at 10 and then got into our bed at 2am. And stayed there sleeping until 10 am this morning. OMG!! Best night ever =) :haha: could be a coincidence with the formula but I'm going to repeat it tonight and see !

Aw lovely sibling pic angel x

What nappies are you all using? I use Aldi ones but they are constantly leaking and need to be changed really frequently.

Also where are you all buying baby clothes? I find it a bit trickier finding stuff I like with having boys I love next ans boden but bored of getting stuff from the same two places, any recommendations for places that do really nice baby boy outfits?

I love Next and Boden too so we obv have similar taste. I'm well versed in boys clothes by now! I also love M&S baby range it's gorgeous. And I'm liking boots as well. Also Polan O'Pyret is gorgeous for funky bright more unisex clothes xx

Rhi that sounds bloody brilliant i'd definitely do it again!!

=) for boys clothes I like maxomorro, next and h&m occasionally frugi.

I took a photo of Georgia tonight and one of my friends commented on how much she looks like Sophie so I hunted out a photo of her at the same age. They are like twins (except Sophie had a few extra chins)!

Attachments

• IMG_20160813_204110.jpg
    IMG_20160813_204110.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1
  • FB_IMG_1471118710221.jpg
    FB_IMG_1471118710221.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi everyone, iPads broke so haven't been able to get on and catch up properly for ages. Sat on an old phone with a broken screen now, and just thought I'd pop in and say hey.

We're currently using Pampers with Pop, I wasn't too impressed with Aldi.

Not much to report. HV came and weighed her again as a follow up
Because she had dropped a centile at her 6 week check. She is fine and now following 75th centile perfectly, and weighs 12lb 6oz. Had another follow up with GP regarding birth mark and we have decided not to treat.
She has also developed eczema, Just like Zach who also had reflux. Wonder if it's tied in.
She's now sleeping through almost all the time, but I seem to have forgotten how to sleep
:(

Any tips on how to get Arthur to sleep through Karli?! Fairly sure both my other boys were sleeping through (well with a dream feed) by this age, but Arthur won't give up his 4.30am feed. Sigh!

Hi ladies back from vacation !

We have our jabs coming up on Thursday 😱 I'm nervous!

And whoever mentioned the 8 week- my dd was just shy of 12 lbs at that time. Wondering what ds is because he seems smaller than her!

They're both gorgeous Dory & definitely alike!

Cute Poppy :)

Rhi that's awesome, I hope you get another one of those! Róise started scruffling at 6.30 this morning but I didn't get up til 7- such a difference getting up at a time with a 7 in it instead of a 5! I should really be asleep now though instead of lurking on BnB...

Breastfeeding mamas, how often and for how long do you breastfeed?

Sorry for all the feeding questions. I want to try to breastfeed a bit more. She only does it for comfort right now. I breastfed an hour before her bottle earlier then gave her the bottle and she spit a bunch of formula up... I don't know how to tell if she's getting any breast milk though. :(

Hope everyone is having a restful night. H feel asleep easily in my arms. Just have to transfer her to the crib lol

Starlight she may have filled up on breastmilk and thats why she spit up her formula.

Ds feeds whenever he wants. I stopped paying attention because it's too stressful. Basically if he fusses a lot I offer boob before anything. He usually goes 3-4 hrs between feeds. Then he clusters in the evening and sleeps a long time at night. I have a fast letdown so can take 5minutes to finish a boob. If after I burp him he's rooting again I give him the other side. I worried so much wih my first. I do sometimes fear he's not getting enough but he's chunking up nicely so I am putting that out of my mind.

I feed as often and for as long as she likes. Breastfeeding is much more than just nutrition and the suckling she does for comfort will be impacting positively on your milk production. The most important feeds to keep up if you want to continue breastfeeding are night feeds as that's when the majority of our milk production occurs.

I breastfeed J as often as she will let me! But an average fees is 20-30 minutes and a day would be something like:

3 - 4am (long feed as after a longer stretch)
7am
8.20am quick 10 minute feed before nursery run
10am
12 noon
2.30pm
4.30pm
6pm
8.30 - 10.30pm on and off sleeping on me and feeding (I change her for bed during this time too.

Leo goes about 3-4 hours during the day and usually a bit longer at night. I too have a fast let down so after I've choked him and soaked him he will have drained it I'm about 10 mins. He doesn't always take the other side but if he is still fussing I offer it.

Thanks ladies!

My breast are never drained. They always have milk in them when I squeeze them after she is at the breast. This morning she was at the breast from 530-615 then 645-7. Then had 160ml of formula at 730 (spitting up only a bit which is something she usually does), so I'm guessing she couldn't have gotten very much breast milk if she had over 5 oz of formula after!

I've read that babies will often take more from a bottle though even if they are full because it's easier?

Thanks ladies!

My breast are never drained. They always have milk in them when I squeeze them after she is at the breast. This morning she was at the breast from 530-615 then 645-7. Then had 160ml of formula at 730 (spitting up only a bit which is something she usually does), so I'm guessing she couldn't have gotten very much breast milk if she had over 5 oz of formula after!

Angel is right - they will always take something from a bottle because it's easier. Also, lactating breast are never 'empty'. It's more a case of how easy it is to get the milk. Even of they drink 'all' the milk that's there, we will continue to provide milk like a dripping tap until our supply meets their needs (normally 24-48 hours later). That should explain why you can always get some milk :)

Thanks, I have no knowledge of breast feeding so this is helpful! She seems to love being at the breast most of the time (likes to fall asleep there) but it's so hard to tell if she's getting a lot of milk. I know my supply must be very low since she is formula fed (and I don't pump).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->