June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

If your supply was poor she would likely be very fussy at the breast (bobbing on and off, pushing her face in and shouting or batting it). Sounds like you have combined feeding sussed to me :)

Had our Six week review.. she weighs 11lb so I did weigh wrong but not too badly haha

We use a combination of cloth and chicco nappies.

Pixie - I hope the thrush goes away soon :hugs:

Pumpkin patch is where we buy a lot of clothes and they've always got a sale on!

I've not booked a 6 week check, I never got around to it and now don't see the point.

starlight like the other ladies said, she must be getting enough if she's happy there :) can you hear her making the swallowing noises? she'd be flipping out if she wasn't getting what she needed. Sometimes j will get super fussy if i gave him boob and he wanted his paci too. Or if he finishes and wants more, he'll really pull and tug (OW!) i burp him and give him the other side. but yeah, even when there isn't enough coming out and he's not satisfied he gets the other side. then he's happy again. sounds like H is getting exactly what she needs :) and keep at it and your supply will pick up too if it's something you want to do. and drink loads of water (something i'm really bad at)

Thanks! I'm usually so good at drinking water but since I'm holding her almost all day, it's hard to get up and get a refill! My husband brings me water when he is home but then I'm not able to use the bathroom while holding her lol.

H slept really well last night. 7pm to 6am. I'm glad she slept until 6am instead of 5am because I had a terrible time getting to sleep last night. I just couldn't fall asleep.

Rhi that's a great weight!

Impressive sleep. And basically what the others have said in regards to the breastfeeding. Can't think of anything more helpful to add =) haha

Wow, what a great sleep H had Starlight.

Rhi, it seems Alice is doing well and growing like a champ!

I think I was meant to have the HV today for the 6 week review. However, the letter said Monday (today) 16/08 (tomorrow). I only wanted her weighed, but waited in for nothing. I won't be in tomorrow so that's too bad.
I wish I'd double checked the letter previously and I wouldn't have bothered planning my day around it. :-(

N has settled in well and we have a loose routine already at bedtime which is great. I love her soooo much, she is perfect! Xx

I'm so grateful she has been sleeping well recently! The pediatrician said she can go 12 hours between feedings now that she's 12lbs so maybe that's why?

I hear her doing a poopy now. Anyone else's baby poops been a bit different since vaccines? She use to do one big one per day but recently she's been doing a few per day.

I'm SO jealous of your 11 hours Starlight!! I wouldn't say Róise's poop has been much different since the jabs, but all kids react differently so I wouldn't worry :)

Alice is a great weight Rhi :)

Does anyone's baby have a nap schedule (or at least a loose nap schedule)?

I hope the good sleep continues starlight! We don't follow a schedule but I might start noting when she sleeps soon to see if there's a pattern emerging.

So fed up of our crappy house, after the roof leaking, appliances breaking, boiler breaking etc now the kitchen sink is leaking. I cannot wait to move!!!!!

Is anyone else still spotting??

Vanilla, yikes, hope it's fixed quickly! Do you have plans to move soon?

I've been writing down when H naps. She's been taking about three naps. Her longest one is usually the morning. But times and length all vary. And she still takes almost all naps on me. I like the cuddles so I've given up putting her in the crib unless I have to use the bathroom or get up. She usually wakes when I do this though.

We're waiting till December to start looking for a house to buy and it can't come sooner, a new set of students moved in next door today so we just have to hope now that they're not terrible.

DD is happy to fall asleep being rocked in her rocker chair thingy but wakes up after a few minutes if you stop. Eventually they're supposed to start napping after being put down but I don't remember when.

Funny enough I have noticed a difference in nappies. Leo used to have a poo in almost every nappy but since the vaccinations I'm lucky if he goes once a day, he went for three days with nothing. I wouldn't mind but it does seem to be bothering him and he has really smelly farts too. Anyone have anything similar. Timing of the vaccinations could be a coincidence but that was when I first noticed it. He is 9 weeks and ebf.

Joey Georgie poops about every 4 days - bf babies can go up to a week or 10 days between poops so I'd say coincidence. Her pumps stink too!

She has more of an awake schedule than a sleep one lol. She's awake for 2-3 hours in the morning, then sleeps the whole day away till 6 or 7 pm, when she's up for a couple of hours again. She still goes to sleep by herself always at bed time and probably for half her naps. She might wake up and go back off 3 or four times during the day but she's very sleepy and will have a feed and go right back off

So much to catch up on!

Well af got me on the 12th! Day after my birthday lol thank god but still really early as it was 9 days after the cm started...

Starlight that is awesome sleeping! I wish Ollie would so something like that, he is still sleeping 2-3hrs during the day and during the night 11-2, 2.30-5.30 and up at 8.30 roughly... sometimes he will sleep from 12 till 5.30 like he did this morning which was nice, shall have to keep and eye out for a pattern

As for the poos he is doing a couple a day, he used to only do one a day before the needles so could be different

Vanilla, i hope nothing else goes wrong for you!

Have i missed anything else?

I'm still noticing some very very light infrequent spotting too.
Kailani slept all night for the first time.... Guess who didn't?! Yep me... My boobs are so used to her feeding like every 2 hours that they were hard as rocks and hurt so bad that i pumped twice! I got a total of 20 oz though to add to my stash!

my ob told me after my first that when i nurse, to pee first, and get a glass of water before sitting or you'll be trapped! :) i still don't do it LOL

ds managed to eat every single hour yesterday. OMG. must be growth spurting. then i got heat exhaustion because i was outside in the heat and i forgot to bring water while he was eating so much all day. i felt miserable last night. thank goodness i'm myself again today.

Jalilma, how fantastic that K slept through. I can imagine gang your boobs were like boulders! Lol xx

Mommy, glad you feel better. I'm sure my N feeds like that everyday! Xx

My little chunk now weighs 11lb 11oz at 6.5 weeks. Is she the biggest baby at the moment? I feel like she's huge and people always comment how big she is. Xx

Teeny that's impressive. Alice is 11 ATM. My son was a similar size to your little girl though and he had his two year review today and he was 95th centile for everything. So I would probably say you have a definite chunk/future chunk there ! =)
It's nice having a chunk though my other son is a bit on the smaller side and always has been. I feel bad for him as its obvious his brother is going to tower over him eventually in height and build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->