June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

We started to dtd at 5 weeks pp, poor partner had gone the whole 9 months without it lol, weird thing is i had no desire to while pregnant now i dont mind so much

Nope and I can count on one hand the amount of times since baby was conceived! So I figured we would be back at it by now haha! Just no time at all. The baby sleeps in our bed.

We did it all the way through pregnancy. With the horrible birth I had I am struggling doing it. It's not even like she came out that way! I've always got straight back to it, but I'm struggling emotionally this time. Xx

We have DTD twice and I didnt really enjoy it either time. I have no desire to at all at the moment, giving birth and breastfeeding makes me struggle to see my body in that way if that makes sense? Plus I dont feel attractive at the moment, I had a bigger bump this time round and am struggling with the leftover 'pouch' left behind, my fat hips and saggy saggy boobs!

We haven't DTD since I was 4 weeks pregnant with Róise! Didn't want to risk it in pregnancy as it makes me spot & we didn't need the worry
Since then we've been too tired & Róise sleeps in our room. I have no desire to either but I was like that anyway; 4+ years TTC will do that to your libido :( I expect it will be painful for me for a while too as it was after my son - probably cos it's been so long!

We didn't dtd in pregnancy after 20 odd weeks, it was the same when I was pregnant with ds too - both of our libidos just disappear. This time though we've dtd at 4 weeks pp and about once a week since, with ds it was about 2 months as I was really sore from the episiotomy.

Anyone else finding the movie ad/spam taking up the whole page seriously annoying? it's had the opposite effect to what they want, if the genre hadn't put me off the stupid ad would have done it.

The sporadic spotting is driving me mad! :growlmad:

Hannah has slept in her crib at night since we brought her home (I think crib and cot are the same? ) so no advice on a transition but she doesn't like napping in it... still working on that.

Mommyx, how were the shots? Hope you are feeling better <3

Ehj I'm now on my second AF since Arthur! Nice and regular, my body just kicked back into gear despite bfing him much longer than I did my others!

Anyone else's hair loss started? Mine is happening with a vengeance. Yuk

Karli I have no tips because all I did with my others was put them in the basket in the cot for a while then one night take them out. Hope that works with Arthur

Juniper slept from 10.30-5.30! :happydance: sadly my nearly 4 year old had me up at 2 and 3am because he had nightmares so I didn't benefit at all lol. Typical!

Yes Boo, my hair loss has been a bit crazy for over a month now.

Personal question but does anyone think they might have some postnatal depression? I'm beginning to think this might be the case for me but I just don't see the point in going to the GP because I don't want to go back on antidepressants.

My hair is falling out too :dohh:

Angel we bought Xander a dream catcher because he was telling us every morning that he was having bad nightmares and it's really helped! Might be worth a try?

Vanilla I don't have any ads? :shrug:

Dory I'm struggling. I was mostly comfortable with only having one if the trial didn't work so I wasn't at all prepared for how sad I'd feel about never having any more but I'm gutted. I'm not sure if I could say pnd really because honestly I'm managing fine with Georgia Florence but I'm completely sinking under Xander. I cry every day almost and more than once I've wanted to walk out the door and just keep going :-( I don't think things will ever get better and three thought that this is the rest of my life is breaking my heart.

This week he told me he's going to get all his friends and they will all hit me until I'm dead.

I don't want to leave the house or even get dressed and I'm on the edge of hysterics all the time. Seriously not having any fun with life right now.

I found Xander's old clothes :)

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/jaclynford13/20160819_093014_zpsf2z7rnoo.jpg

I'M not suffering with PND Dory but I think you should see your GP anyway - find out if there is any other support available even if you don't want antidepressants. Although I would be of the view that if that's what it takes to help give you a boost at a difficult time, then that's what it takes. Please don't let the time drag on without getting some help. A friend of mine went undiagnosed with PND for 2 years. She blogs about it under Have You Seen That Girl. You can also find her under that on FB.

Pixie I can't begin to understand how hard that is for you. I can't believe your GP won't refer you for help somewhere :hugs:

Boo, I think I'm just starting to lose my hair now & Róise is 11 weeks today.

Hannah has slept in her crib at night since we brought her home (I think crib and cot are the same? ) so no advice on a transition but she doesn't like napping in it... still working on that.

Mommyx, how were the shots? Hope you are feeling better <3

Thanks starlight still not so good. i didn't need a pill to sleep last night though thank goodness. i think i'm done fevers. have a splitting headache this am though :(

Shots went alright, my poor girl gave me such a sad face after they stuck her- i felt so bad. and they bruised her arm! i wish i'd have noticed in the appt, i dind't know til we got home. and the poor thing didn't move an inch, so it was totally the damn drs fault. i called and told them we don't want her again. doesn't help that the shot was tetanus so she's still in pain from it anyway.

j did fine for his appt, he didn't like the shots either but as soon as i picked him up he was fine. he weighed in at only 12lbs 0.8oz and 24" long. he's in the 60th percentile. Dd isn't even in percentiles but growing steady so they're not concerned.

but the shots made j sleep fantastic, he acted like he didn't get them at all but he slept from 8-530 this am had a feed and back down til 647 when he got up for the day.

Oh Pixie, how heartbreaking for you when X says those things. I hope you can get some support soon. If it helps at all, children always take their frustrations out on those they trust and feel safest with. It isn't much of a comfort at the time I know. :hugs:

Mommyx Im sorry your dd had a bruised arm. Good sleep from J there!

Dory I suffer from anxiety and mild depression anyway so it's hard to be sure, my mood is definitely a lot better than when I was pregnant though. I would see your GP or HV, mine are aware of my mood especially the anxiety. :hugs:

Mommyx, did you try pumping yet? I remember you said it didn't work last time around. It didn't work for me 9 weeks ago but debating on trying again. Just have to drag everything out..

I have a lot of anxiety but I had it before pregnancy too :(

My hair is falling out too :dohh:

Angel we bought Xander a dream catcher because he was telling us every morning that he was having bad nightmares and it's really helped! Might be worth a try?

Vanilla I don't have any ads? :shrug:

Dory I'm struggling. I was mostly comfortable with only having one if the trial didn't work so I wasn't at all prepared for how sad I'd feel about never having any more but I'm gutted. I'm not sure if I could say pnd really because honestly I'm managing fine with Georgia Florence but I'm completely sinking under Xander. I cry every day almost and more than once I've wanted to walk out the door and just keep going :-( I don't think things will ever get better and three thought that this is the rest of my life is breaking my heart.

This week he told me he's going to get all his friends and they will all hit me until I'm dead.

I don't want to leave the house or even get dressed and I'm on the edge of hysterics all the time. Seriously not having any fun with life right now.

I found Xander's old clothes :)

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/jaclynford13/20160819_093014_zpsf2z7rnoo.jpg

I don't know if it might be delightful 4 year old thing? We recently stayed with my sister and her 4 year old and he said things like this all the time ('I'm going to kill your eyeballs' being my particular favourite). He is adopted though and we just presumed it was learned behaviour from his birth dad and older brother because he wasn't removed until quite late on.

I can totally relate to the wanting to walk out the door and not come back. I don't even understand where it's come from because u haven't had it postnatally before (I have a heavy history of depression/anxiety /self harm prior to children). It feels so heavy and I thought it was everyone else winding me up somehow but then I realised it's not that, that's just how it's affecting me if that makes sense?

Mommyx, did you try pumping yet? I remember you said it didn't work last time around. It didn't work for me 9 weeks ago but debating on trying again. Just have to drag everything out..

not planning on pumping at all honestly. he's always with me there is no point. i kind of enjoy that no one can feed my son but me. Really works great at the inlaws house!

i'm a highly anxious person. but my kids for some reason calm me down maybe because i have something to focus on? i'm better after kids.

I don't know if it might be delightful 4 year old thing? We recently stayed with my sister and her 4 year old and he said things like this all the time ('I'm going to kill your eyeballs' being my particular favourite). He is adopted though and we just presumed it was learned behaviour from his birth dad and older brother because he wasn't removed until quite late on.

I can totally relate to the wanting to walk out the door and not come back. I don't even understand where it's come from because u haven't had it postnatally before (I have a heavy history of depression/anxiety /self harm prior to children). It feels so heavy and I thought it was everyone else winding me up somehow but then I realised it's not that, that's just how it's affecting me if that makes sense?

definitely not a 4 year old thing. my girl never did that. All her girl cousins never did that either and she has a lot of them. and i had all male cousins and a brother and then never ever said things like that. if my kid said something like that she'd be sent to time out. and i'd start taking things away, like outings and such. i just couldn't tolerate it.

I can't say tolerating it was my first choice. I've obviously tried removing toys and treats. I've shouted at him. Talked it to death. Hugged it out. Stopped days out. Sent him to his room.

I can give him all the opportunities to make the right choice but I can't will him to stop! Xander had more than 15 cousins so im fully aware othrr kids dont do that. only two behave as he does - one is autistic and the other has add and odd.

Dory if it was just that I would think perhaps it's just his age but when you consider the other issues - he's incapable of sitting still, listening, he's vacant when I explain what he's done wrong. He often can't even make eye contact and that's without the poo smearing! 4 year olds just don't do that :cry:

Pixie I totally didn't mean that the way it came out. Please don't think I'm judging in anyway. I know some kids are harder than others. There has to be some help you can get wih him because you feelin like that is not ok for everyday living. You're going to be an emotional mess hun

not planning on pumping at all honestly. he's always with me there is no point. i kind of enjoy that no one can feed my son but me. Really works great at the inlaws house!

i'm a highly anxious person. but my kids for some reason calm me down maybe because i have something to focus on? i'm better after kids.

definitely not a 4 year old thing. my girl never did that. All her girl cousins never did that either and she has a lot of them. and i had all male cousins and a brother and then never ever said things like that. if my kid said something like that she'd be sent to time out. and i'd start taking things away, like outings and such. i just couldn't tolerate it.

Kind of feels like I just got shot down for trying to be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->