June Dragonflies 2016 Babies and Beyond!

starlight don't ever feel stupid for calling for help for your child! you did the right thing hun.

As for the feeding thing, that's really hard. sometimes, j will come off one side (like just this am) and when i burp him he keeps crying. so i switch sides and he drinks that too. then he burps and is fine. But most times if he burps he is done. however there have been times when he cries and wants more and more and he spits up, and i cut him off. they say if they're going through growth spurts they cry about feeds. Is she doing it every feed? some babies spit up a little every single feed and it means nothing too. i think that if you try offering her the other side and she takes it she's wanting/needing it. if she doesn't, then she doesnt. worst case she takes it and spits up again right? but at least you know. AND it'll help your supply increase too.

Sorry to change subject but this may sound crazy but does anyone else feel like they should be testing again lol! its nuts

Thanks ladies. I think she spits up and chokes. In not sure what to do. The dr said it wasn't reflux though. So confused. She said an rx wouldn't stop spit up, just make her less uncomfortable.

Ehj, thinking about ttc?

Does she do enough burps before laying down? Maybe she keeps a bit in her mouth and doesn't swallow all of it...

Its on my mind, but i dont want another one just yet, prob wait till he is 1 to try again

Omg ehj no way lol I'm all done.

Also have to dtd to need to test lol!!

Starlight how is your letdown when the milk comes? Until I learned how to help my kids both would spit up after. It's a pain. But then there are plenty of kids that just sit up a little and it means nothing. It's very normal actually.

N is sick all the time. She is my first sicky baby. At least 3/4 times a day she pukes on me! I think some babies are just like it as Mommy says. Xx

Ehj, no desire to test! However, after DS2 we TTC straight away. We never used protection and got pregnanct when he was 12 months old. Our wedding weekend actually! Lol. The desire to be pregnant again was so strong all that time.
After DD we started after she was 2 so obviously not the same desire there. This time, none at all. Xx

Mommyx, she spits up formula. She will also breast milk but isn't breast fed very often :(

What type of formula is she on? I wonder if maybe a different one might help? We had to change ollies because he did spit up quite often and would struggle to poo

I feel a bit desperate to be pregnant again :dohh: if more was on the cards I'd definitely be ttc again. We didn't wait at all after Xander. I can't wait till some of you Ladies start again!

Starlight was she choking or holding her breath? For the first 10 weeks or so George would get muddled with the suck swallow breathe rhythm and end up flailing her arms in panic until her mouth and nose turned blue. It was really scary the first few times but there was never anything choking her - she'd just closed her throat to swallow and couldn't make herself breathe.

I've no advice on the sick I'm afraid:-( neither of mine have been sick babies. Please try to remember though she'll only be little for such a small while. All these issues kind of sort themselves out as they grow.

Soon we'll be talking weaning! Georgia Lauren, Georgia Florence and Arthur are more than half way there!!

Starlight - don't feel bad, I think most of us would have done the same thing in your situation. On the feeding I don't really have a solution either, DD spits up less now but we still have days where she'll feed, spit up, cry and demand to be fed like crazy only to repeat the process although her dummy often helps, but sometimes it doesn't matter what we do she'll just squirm and cry. On those days I dread when she wakes up as I know it'll just be crying that I can't do much about.

On the ttc front we're NTNP, they say you're more fertile in the 6 months after giving birth (though I don't know how true this is or if it even applies to ladies with pcos) so I'm trying to see what my cycles will do although atm it's a case of stop start spotting, for 2 days it was red so I thought it'd turn into something but has disappeared again. I would like another child as our family doesn't feel fully complete yet but I hate the thought of another pregnancy, dh knows if I get pregnant again that he'll need to cough up for a private therapist for me to talk to. Whatever happens though I won't go through fertility treatment again so if I remain annovulatory like before, so be it.

Squig - I've always been clumsy but it's gotten a hellf of a lot worse! I'm permanently breaking things and DH has turned very forgetful, between us just last week we've driven off with the keys on the car roof, put the car keys through the wash, put the milk in the laundry basket :dohh:

nooo i don't want to talk weaning! they're supposed to stay little forever. :(

Is it true about being more fertile straight after birth? I thought it was maybe something they just said to make sure people are careful. I know breastfeeding reduces fertility but assumed if youre not exclusively breastfeeding then fertility would just be as it normally is? Whats the scientific reason behind being more fertile?

I would love to be pregnant again.. I love the excitement of ttc, getting a positive test, the scans, the bump ect however I do not want to go through the newborn stage and all these sleepless nights and nappies again! I also hate giving birth, I had a positive experience with Henry as far as birth goes but it was still generally quite awful lol

I don't know why but I did think it was true!

Georgia being such a lovely newborn I think is half of why I'm sad that we can't do it again. She slept 7.5hrs on Friday night and last night she slept 8.45pm - 8.30 am with feeds at 3, 5 and 6 which has was lovely :)

She's 14 weeks old now and still generally very easy. I've had to rock or feed her to sleep the last few days though -.hoping it's just a little phase!

Carl had this pic on his phone. I don't remember ever seeing it before or who took it. I don't even remember us visiting Georgie together :shrug:

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/jaclynford13/IMG-20160817-WA0010_zpsetpurtsn.jpg

Lovely photo Pixie :)

We'll be TTC again in March; hopefully it won't take long to catch. I was planning to start at Christmas, but the extra few months childcare cost made me decide to wait just a little. I don't really like being pregnant as I'm so nauseous & struggle with food aversions, plus it's such a huge responsibility being the only one who knows about baby's movements, but I did enjoy seeing my bump grow with Róise. I'm looking forward to having another baby, hopefully in early 2018 :)

I'm totally up in the air about more children. For the first time ever I'm fairly sure I'm done. I used to want 4 but OH has always wanted 3 and I think I'm now agreeing with him. Pregnancy is awful for me I hate it! Sick sick sick then fat fat fat, then all the awful hair falling out and having to diet after. Really it all totally sucks haha. I love the newborn baby which is why I keep doing it!

We've always fallen pregnant super quickly whenever we've tried (in fact DS2 was a very much unplanned but very much wanted baby!) and I've already had 2 AFs since Arthur was born so I'm sure I'm very fertile already. There won't be any TTC or anything like that here and I'm happy to say that for once!

Yes I too am done. I think a third pregnancy would actually kill me. The first and second came close so why risk it. After my first I really never thought id have another so I feel so blessed that I felt ready to have him but our family is now complete and I am totally besotted by my boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->