June - Eggplants Revised group:)

jenmcn1

Expecting baby #4:)
Reaction score
Well as promised here is the start of our 3rd trimester group! Of course this is open to everyone!

I can't believe that we are already in the homestretch!!
How is everyone feeling?
At the moment I'm a little achy around my bump...and braxton hicks have really set in for me the last couple days.

I am currently fighting some kind of a stomach bug or something... and I have been getting Braxton Hicks for a few days too. Baby seems to have changed positions and is even lower and has made it difficult to sleep again, but is moving and wiggling and one happy strong baby. We are still team yellow and our registry/baby budget/shopping list is done. We have ordered our home study birth class and will be purchasing paint for the nursery and for big sister's room in the next couple weeks.

Ha now there is two threads. I have been having lots of BH too. It is worse when I am walking a lot (shopping, cleaning). I feel like the time is flying by!!!! Well on my way to get registered at the hospital woo hoo

I am currently fighting some kind of a stomach bug or something... and I have been getting Braxton Hicks for a few days too. Baby seems to have changed positions and is even lower and has made it difficult to sleep again, but is moving and wiggling and one happy strong baby. We are still team yellow and our registry/baby budget/shopping list is done. We have ordered our home study birth class and will be purchasing paint for the nursery and for big sister's room in the next couple weeks.
Such exciting preparations ahead:) Sorry to hear you are fighting a stomach bug! NOT fun especially with a toddler to care for AND being pregnant!! :wacko: This past week I have had a bad cold and I thought for sure it was going into my chest (I'm prone to bronchitus)...but thankfully it's starting to make its exit! woohoo!!
So what color are you painting your daughters room? We are thinking of doing some sort of square pattern on one wall of our sons room, and then painting the other walls a solid color to compliment the other wall. As for the baby, he/she will be in our room for a while.

Ha now there is two threads. I have been having lots of BH too. It is worse when I am walking a lot (shopping, cleaning). I feel like the time is flying by!!!! Well on my way to get registered at the hospital woo hoo

Yeah it's weird cause I remember having a few bh when I was pregnant with my son, but this time around it's much stronger! My belly went so tight it was pointed!! lol! SO weird! And it was pretty uncomfortable! I see you are expecting #3? So you must experience some intense BH!!

Do some people get more Braxton Hicks than others? I don't think I've had any yet. I don't really know what to expect but I assume that I would know it when I felt it and I haven't had anything aside from general aching at the end of the day. Getting closer every day! Don't know if I'm more excited or more scared really! x

Good Morning, Jen!

Not even sure what fruit I am this week... Guess I'll see when I submit the post :p I feel ok, coming down with a cold. I don't think I've had any braxton hicks yet (although, its my first baby so I may have and just didn't know what it was) - What exactly do they feel like? Just tightening of the stomach?

My little guy makes me nervous because he's not super, super active. He has days where I feel him a lot and then he's very quiet the next. I do have an anterior placenta so I've heard it can be a little more difficult to feel movement but still! Ugh :)

When are all of you having your baby showers (if you're having one) and what 'theme' (if applicable :) )?

I'm due 14th June. No idea what fruit/veg I am though...

I'm getting lots of movement which is sometimes painful & uncomfortable and yucky heartburn. Had a few braxton hicks so trying to drink lots of water and I am extremely tired! I could sleep all day lol. I can't nap either, find it impossible to sleep in the day so my bedtime gets earlier and earlier lol.
I'm often jealous of my dog who actually does sleep nearly all day lol.

HI ladies:)
Mrs.Pear & lovefitness84- braxton hicks are tightening of the uterus (practice contractions)...I remember slightly feeling them with my first pregnancy...but with THIS baby...they are strong. I'm told they can get stronger with each pregnancy. I'm on #2 so that might be why. Not sure. The are uncomfortable...but everyone experiences them differently!
The one I had the other day was SUPER tight...my belly felt similar to feeling my forehead if that makes sense lol!

I wont be having a babyshower with this baby...I already have everything I need...although if it turns out to be a girl...then I will just have to go shopping for pretty pink stuff lol (oh darn)! :)

Mrs.Pear & lovefitness84- braxton hicks are tightening of the uterus (practice contractions)...I remember slightly feeling them with my first pregnancy...but with THIS baby...they are strong. I'm told they can get stronger with each pregnancy. I'm on #2 so that might be why. Not sure. The are uncomfortable...but everyone experiences them differently!
The one I had the other day was SUPER tight...my belly felt similar to feeling my forehead if that makes sense lol!

I wont be having a babyshower with this baby...I already have everything I need...although if it turns out to be a girl...then I will just have to go shopping for pretty pink stuff lol (oh darn)! :)

Can BH make you lose your breath for a second and really wince in pain? I have had a few tightening episodes that seem to flash across my bump. But they are shortlived and go away again. Not sure if these are BH or because I am a pig that eats too much!

Can BH make you lose your breath for a second and really wince in pain? I have had a few tightening episodes that seem to flash across my bump. But they are shortlived and go away again. Not sure if these are BH or because I am a pig that eats too much!

LOL - im not sure. It might be. They say BH aren't supposed to be painful...but I beg to differ. I think its different for everyone. I get that sometimes when it's painful but it can also be from indigestion and gas (sorry tmi) lol!

LOL - im not sure. It might be. They say BH aren't supposed to be painful...but I beg to differ. I think its different for everyone. I get that sometimes when it's painful but it can also be from indigestion and gas (sorry tmi) lol!

Wow if its indigestion that is severe! Whatever it is, it really hurts but luckily only for seconds. All preparation for the big day I guess!

Hello Ladies!

Can I join??? Not quite in the 3rd Tri yet…just made it to 27 weeks today! I’m having a baby boy. This is my 2nd pregnancy and first boy! I’m so excited!!!! :happydance:

It’s getting closer for us!!!! YAY!!!!!!! :wohoo:

Hello Ladies!

Can I join??? Not quite in the 3rd Tri yet…just made it to 27 weeks today! I’m having a baby boy. This is my 2nd pregnancy and first boy! I’m so excited!!!! :happydance:

It’s getting closer for us!!!! YAY!!!!!!! :wohoo:

Of course you can join us!!! Welcome:) the more the merrier!!! I'm just over 27 weeks and I switched over to 3rd tri as soon as I turned 27 weeks...so in my books you are 3rd tri:) how are you feeling? This is also my 2nd child. We are team yellow and already have a little boy...would love to have a little girl to add to our family...but we will see:)

Hi Jen!!

I'm feeling okay...i think. Have tightening every a lot in the past few days but I think I'm a pig so, I won't count it as BH just yet, lol. Craving lots of ice cream/milk shakes lately. MMMM...good!!! I've been so self-concious about my weight this time but I need to relax. That's my main goal. Although, I've only gained 15lbs so far it still freaks me out because I gained 60lbs with my daughter.
I was told that I'm dehydrated and a pretty severe anemic but trying to monitor and get those things under control. Other than that, I'm doing fine. I used to walk 50 mins a day...25 mins to and from work but I cut that in half. Getting much harder to do nowadays. Or maybe I'm just getting lazy :blush: I plan to swim a lot when summer gets here. They say it's one of the best exercises. We'll see....

I so hope you get your babygirl!!! Were you surprised with your first pregnancy or did you find out what you were having before delivery?

Hi Jen!!

I'm feeling okay...i think. Have tightening every a lot in the past few days but I think I'm a pig so, I won't count it as BH just yet, lol. Craving lots of ice cream/milk shakes lately. MMMM...good!!! I've been so self-concious about my weight this time but I need to relax. That's my main goal. Although, I've only gained 15lbs so far it still freaks me out because I gained 60lbs with my daughter.
I was told that I'm dehydrated and a pretty severe anemic but trying to monitor and get those things under control. Other than that, I'm doing fine. I used to walk 50 mins a day...25 mins to and from work but I cut that in half. Getting much harder to do nowadays. Or maybe I'm just getting lazy :blush: I plan to swim a lot when summer gets here. They say it's one of the best exercises. We'll see....

I so hope you get your babygirl!!! Were you surprised with your first pregnancy or did you find out what you were having before delivery?

You and I are soooooo similar!!! I gained 56lbs with my son...and it took me 17 months to lose it! Now at this point in my pregnancy, I've gained 16lbs, and I'm sooo worried to gain anymore!! I'm also severly anemic! So trying to get that under control as well! I think its great that you are planning to swim for exercise in the summer!!! Its gentle on the joints, and sooo good for cardio!! I was hoping to workout through my pregnancy but its only now that I've been given the "green light" to start (I had a placenta previa) but thankfully its moved up now!! Woohoo! So are you excited for a little boy??? We kept it a surprise when we had our son. Little boys are wonderful!!! Very active (well at least my son is)...but really fun...although I don't have a girl to compare the experience to. Lol! Do you have names picked out?

Yeah it's weird cause I remember having a few bh when I was pregnant with my son, but this time around it's much stronger! My belly went so tight it was pointed!! lol! SO weird! And it was pretty uncomfortable! I see you are expecting #3? So you must experience some intense BH!!

They get so intense sometimes. With me they get more intense with each pregnancy. This one I started getting braxton hicks at 16 weeks and they have progressively gotten worse.lol. I went and got registered and did my tour of the new baby ward at the hospital. Each labor and delivery room has its own huge jaccuzi tub. My DH was like I need to take a bath while you are in labor that tub is awesome. I was laughing so hard. It was ridiculous.

When are all of you having your baby showers (if you're having one) and what 'theme' (if applicable :) )?

Wow I didn't know there were two threads for us!

I'm having two baby showers, one is April 28 and the other is June 2nd. I don't think there will be a theme for either one, except maybe lots of blue because I'm having a boy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->