June jewels 2018!!!!

In the end I think it’s your personal decision and you just have to be accepting what could happen if you go into early labor. I personally decided not to travel past 30 weeks but I am probably being overly cautious. I don’t know about the Ferry, but I went on a cruise and they had the requirement that you couldn’t be past 24 weeks of gestation. I think simply because they are not equipped, but by law would be required to provide life saving measures once a baby is 24 weeks gestation. I could be wrong, anyone please correct me if so.

Baby was quieter to today, but then suddenly after lunch I got a bunch of movement.

Thank you Mom and PG for the movement info. I'm just not sure what I should be expecting. Since baby was so active last week I thought it would just keep getting more and more. She may be hiding behind my placenta, too. I'm literally eating a chocolate bar right bar hoping for some good jabs lol!!!

I think the trip from the UK to France by ferry will be just fine. That's like the same distance as us Americans driving across the state haha. As long as you have your EU health insurance sorted I can't see a problem at all.

Curious, working for an airline, I know we required a doctor's note past 27 weeks (if the gate agent thinks you look past 27 weeks) and no flying past 36. Where in Europe are you travelling to? How excited!!!

So, I just got back from travelling myself. We flew from CO to LAX, easy peasy. I was tired walking through LAX and had to sit down a few times but no biggie. I drank a lot of water on the plane and walked around twice (it was a 2 and a half hour fight). What was more tiring was just being up and about all day long. I was super tired when we got back to the hotel. One night I thought I had a few pink spots in my undies (but hubby disagrees as my underwear was pink heh). Anyways, I was just constantly drinking and snacking. The trip home was the same....flying was no biggie, the airport a bit of a pain.

Oh baby kicked me right as I posted. I guess the chocolate bar worked (I'm actually off chocolate this pregnancy, it tastes weird to me but I ate it just to make baby kick.....so backwards, I know).

Allie, we're not totally sure yet, haha. Maybe Prague or Vienna or Budapest. Just for five days or so. DH and I are big travelers and love exploring new cities. I missed out on going to Chile when I was first tri sick so I need one more trip before newborn!

That's good to know, I will check airline regs. When I flew while pregnant with DD I wasn't asked for any documents.

I would so love to take another babymoon. Went to Mexico for a week when pregnant with dd at 19 weeks and it was fabulous. But between our rental half burning down (renter wasnt injured at all thank goodness) and dealing with a complete first floor demo, already having a cruise booked for may 2019 and the expense of all the other updates I want for our house before baby comes, I dont think we can swing it this time. Maybe a weekend getaway to chicago or something.

I would love a babymoon, we have a long weekend coming up and DH hasnt said anything but I'm kind of secretly hoping he's planning a surprise weekend away. It's so expensive to even do a staycation in Vancouver, but we definitely couldn't swing a big trip. We've been doing big vacations the past couple years, so now we're trying to save money instead. I would love to go to a place with snow, or even just stay in a hotel for the weekend :)

Curious, we are HUGE travellers as well!! I'm kind of obsessed with travelling....I hope it can be done with 2 kids as much as we have managed to do it with 1 kid!!

Rach, I'm sorry about your rental home. :( But a cruise to look forward to sounds pretty darn amazing.

Sander, part of me has always wanted to live in Vancouver haha. I know it's expensive. I really would love to work in the film industry (as a writer or other creative person) and I think it's cool B.C. is like the new Hollywood. :) A few nights in the snow sounds lovely....I would love to go to Banff......I'm sure you've been.

I guess our L.A. trip was our babymoon even though we had our kiddo. The one thing I'd love to do is stay at the Stanley Hotel (from The Shining) in a haunted room here in Colorado, just Alex and I, and that could be our alone time babymoon lol.

Anatomy scan went well today. He was more than happy to show his bits off but not his heart. Had to go for a walk to get him to change position. When he finally did, she confirmed that everything looked perfect. https://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o224/topazicatzbeth/F6B7E35C-4CB8-4EF7-940F-5C6B81FEA952.jpeg

Good news topaz! I could almost have written your update - my baby wouldn't move to the right position for seeing the heart either but eventually the sonographer got to see everything & all looked well.

I'd love a babymoon too but I doubt it will happen as we will likely not be able to get childcare for our daughter; we don't live near family.

I've had a good bit more movement since the scan, probably because this is the first day in ages that I've been able to rest a bit. I wish I couldn't eat chocolate this pregnancy, Allie!! No idea how much I've put on now as my scales are packed away somewhere after our house move...

Attachments

• 20180130_104220.jpg
    20180130_104220.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 3
Congrats on the healthy scans everyone!

Yes Allie it’s awesome that there are so many film productions in BC! I’ve worked in and around the film industry here before, there are a lot of great opportunities.

I just found out I won a contest for a free 3D Ultrasound! I entered like every day for weeks so am super excited to have won haha. I’ll go Feb 17th, so 25 weeks. Really hoping to get a picture of baby’s face!

6 days til my ultrasound, I want it now! :haha:
Tmi but I am crazy gassy. Most of it doesn't come out though and I'm left in severe pain, I'm gonna ask the doctor at my next appt but was just wondering if you ladies knew anything that I could take to help?

6 days til my ultrasound, I want it now! :haha:
Tmi but I am crazy gassy. Most of it doesn't come out though and I'm left in severe pain, I'm gonna ask the doctor at my next appt but was just wondering if you ladies knew anything that I could take to help?

GasX is safe. My MW suggested it as needed.

Safe to say theres been some definite growth over the last few weeks! Im feeling him all over. Up near my belly button, down low and on both far sides too. Hes quite the acrobat when hes actually moving.

Attachments

• 86F5F5C9-49E9-491A-82D0-F64AE6DC844A.jpg
    86F5F5C9-49E9-491A-82D0-F64AE6DC844A.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DB06E20E-2517-4B1C-AF4F-F1B50780EAF2.jpg
    DB06E20E-2517-4B1C-AF4F-F1B50780EAF2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 5
I love holidays too! We've got a babymoon (though we are taking my dd with us) to Amsterdam. We've been loads of times and it's such a lovely place. Then we've got the trip to France, which I think I've decided I'm going to go to now.

I've been to Prague, it's lovely. Krakow was gorgeous too and not very expensive at all! I'd definitely go back there.
I'd love to go on a snow holiday again, I want to take dd when and my boy when he's born and older! I'm thinking of lapland as I love Finland and doing the seeing santa thing.

You look fab Rach!

Congratulations Sander, what a brilliant prize!

Eppgirl, my friend at work drinks hot squash (not sure if that's the same thing you call it abroad - cordial) She was recommended it by her doctor because she had such bad gas.

For me, I'm feeling very run down today. I did 200 miles driving for work yesterday and aquaerobics when I got home. My oh is sick with the cold /flu going around and he isn't happy, which means I feel a bit lonely.
My stomach has been getting really hard too, especially after I've eaten. Is that braxton hicks? It's solid for about 15 mins to half hour and gets really uncomfortable.

PG that sounds rough!! What a day!! I get lonely when DH isn't present physically or emotionally as well! Like if he's sick. Sounds like it could be Braxton Hicks or just your body after you eat. My bump gets hard and larger at night.....I am really bad at noticing BH though. With my DS when I was getting NSTs at the end, contractions would show on the monitor and I'd be none the wiser.

I love Prague as well!! Gorgeous and inexpensive....just FREEZING right now lol.

Eppgirl, I drink a digestive tea. It's from Target and their Simply Balanced After Dinner Tea.
https://www.target.com/p/after-dinn...7427?lnk=rec|slp|search_bought|slp|50577427|0

I have one every evening! I think it helps avoid heartburn and all sorts. I also have chamomile before bed....ginger and lemon in the morning...I LOVE HERBAL TEA lol...

Sander WOO on winning!! Yay!!

Rach you are looking lovley!!

Congrats on the scans Topaz and Squg. :hugs: Such a great feeling.

Well, I'm off to volunteer at my son's school doing 'Dessert Crew.' I think it means I'm just helping out in the cafeteria at lunch lol. Free labor. ;)

Oh Prague sounds so exciting! I almost moved there when I was late teens. My friend was thinking of studying a semester abroad and I was going to go with her. But she changed her mind and stayed in NY instead. (I have no desire to live there, fun to visit but thats it for me. lol)

So I think we’re leaning towards Sawyer for babys name. I sent dh my running list while he was at work a couple days ago. And when I asked him the next day thats the only one he mentioned. Then last night he brought it up on his own saying he likes that one best so far. (Which is huge bc I had to almost tie him to a chair to discuss names last time haha)

Any other names set so far?

I'd live in Prague or New York!!! :) In a heartbeat if I could afford it.

Oooh Sawyer is great!! :thumbup:

DH and I really struggle to agree- here is our short list:

Amelia
Emelia (just a different spelling)
Annalise
Arwen
Annabel

There are also lots of names I like that DH doesn't. Do you think 4 A's is cheesy? We will be Alex, Alana (Allie), Alistair and Baby A. My BFF thinks it's super tacky but other people I ask think it's cute. Alex likes it.

Sawyer is super nice - I really liked that one too :)

Allie I like your names! Arwen is such a neat unique name. I don’t think 4 A’s is tacky haha, I knew a family who literally combined the names of the Mom and Dad to get the kids names - now THAT was bad :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->