June & July 2020 Pearls & Rubies!

Thank you all for the support! I am really ok. I see the benefits of a singelton pregnancy and I'm just so glad we saw a heartbeat.

Coffee! I miss it pretty much bus stopped while ttc and moved to roibos. I know it's not the same but I need my habits...

Wanna I hope your appointment tomorrow goes well!

My hcg blood test was 1,857 and they gave me a due date of July 14th! Same I was thinking! We have a scan scheduled the first week of December!! Ahhh! They did say my progesterone dropped so I need to supplement. I did that for my last baby, has anyone else?

Thank you all for the support! I am really ok. I see the benefits of a singelton pregnancy and I'm just so glad we saw a heartbeat.

Coffee! I miss it pretty much bus stopped while ttc and moved to roibos. I know it's not the same but I need my habits...

Wanna I hope your appointment tomorrow goes well!
Very good way to handle it! I'm glad you're staying positive!

My hcg blood test was 1,857 and they gave me a due date of July 14th! Same I was thinking! We have a scan scheduled the first week of December!! Ahhh! They did say my progesterone dropped so I need to supplement. I did that for my last baby, has anyone else?
That's great news!! I'm also on progesterone because of the bleeding, I can't wait to get to 12 weeks and stop. But good that you found out about it being low and you can start supplementing, my doctor didn't check for it.

what is progesterone?? is that a hormone???
Yes, it's a hormone that's produced every month during the luteal phase and maturates and supports the uterus lining. It is also produced by the placenta from week 7-9 on. It's also to blame for the sore boobs!

It explains why I don't get sore boobs anymore! They have checked my progesterone since the very start of ttc. Then I took it the whole pregnancy for my son. I asked if they could check it a second time and I'm glad I did!

Heather, I also love sweet coffee! Specialty drinks are my favorite.

Nima what is roibos? I’ve been drinking tea... not the same but at least it’s a hot drink with some caffeine. Heaven knows I need some caffeine with 3 kids 4 and under!

Boog, I took progesterone supplements my first two babies until second trimester when the placenta takes over.

I only had sore boobs my first pregnancy because all my other ones I was breastfeeding! Which made them not sore for some reason. I’m not sure the science behind it.

Livvy, I don't know how you do it with 3 under 4 and pregnant.... I have 2 age 8 and 5.. even with them, i am loosing it at times and can't wait to put them to sleep so I can sleep... can't stay past 10pm...

it could be because of the caffeine... I do drink 2 decaf coffees a day tough...

Heather, I also love sweet coffee! Specialty drinks are my favorite.

Nima what is roibos? I’ve been drinking tea... not the same but at least it’s a hot drink with some caffeine. Heaven knows I need some caffeine with 3 kids 4 and under!

Boog, I took progesterone supplements my first two babies until second trimester when the placenta takes over.

I only had sore boobs my first pregnancy because all my other ones I was breastfeeding! Which made them not sore for some reason. I’m not sure the science behind it.
3 babies under 4?
If all works out I'll have 2 under 2, how's bedtime even work? Do they all wake up in the middle of the night still? Do you co sleep? I have so many questions about how I'm gonna do this nursery!

@Livvy rooibos is a plant from South Africa, it tastes a bit like tea and has no caffeine or theine in it. I drink it with honey and almond milk and it almost replaces the coffee habit.

You guys are all experienced mamas, I am so clueless about bedtime and waking up at night and practically everything...

I wanted to ask you: what is you attitude towards hot baths? I am cold and just want to soak in a bubble bath but heard it's not recommended? No true scientific evidence about it though.

I personally avoid all baths during pregnancy :cry: I love steaming hot baths! I just couldn't enjoy a bath if it was cold or I was worried about steaming baby. So unfortunately I just wait it out. But I do enjoy a nice hot shower. Your body doesn't get heated up in a shower like in a bath. Not the same, but I can enjoy this.....which is the point!

@Livvy rooibos is a plant from South Africa, it tastes a bit like tea and has no caffeine or theine in it. I drink it with honey and almond milk and it almost replaces the coffee habit.

You guys are all experienced mamas, I am so clueless about bedtime and waking up at night and practically everything...

I wanted to ask you: what is you attitude towards hot baths? I am cold and just want to soak in a bubble bath but heard it's not recommended? No true scientific evidence about it though.
Oops. I took hot baths all the time. It's sometimes the my thing that helped my back pain

Omg y'all just made me realize I'll have 2 under two. O.O deffinately didn't process that until just now. I was thinking almost 10 a 5yo and a baby and then I was like wait... twins. Lol
As for the bath thing it's actually best to do hot baths in your first trimester since baby is so well packed in there (for lack of a better word cause apparently pregnancy brain hits early with each child) at least this is what my OB told me! The worry isn't the heat from it its raising your core body temperature. Its suggested to drink something cold or hop out every 5-10 minutes so your temp doesnt keep elevating.
All that said bath's are my saving grace and I will continue to take them unless me OB says otherwise lol

Nima- many prayers coming! :hugs: rooibos is my absolute fave tea! Delicious and so good for you and baby.

Boog- I've been on progesterone for several pregnancies now :)

My 1st and 2nd were 2 under 2. My 4th, 5th, and 6th were 3 under 3! It was exhausting, but wouldn't change a thing. <3

Update! Labs today and surprisingly I got them back the same day! Hcg was 1857 on Tuesday and today they were 3869! Also progesterone went up too (after supplements) we are all set for our scan!

When is everyone telling family and or friends and the fb world?

Wanna it’s hard, some days are seriously a struggle the whole way through!

Boog— we are really into the kids having their own space, they are all in different rooms and they all usually sleep through the night, thank goodness! My newborn babies don’t sleep well typically. So I’m grateful for this brief respite. Also, great hcg numbers!! As for announcing... I don’t want to tell anyone ever, so, we’ll see. :coffee:

Sounds yummy Nima! About baths- as long as you yourself are not getting overheated the baby will be fine. I even go in hot tubs throughout pregnancy (after first trimester) and just don’t stay in long so I don’t get overheated.

Boog, when I found out it was twins everyone else did because I was so shocked that I literally couldn't not tell everyone. So my mom groups on Facebook and most my family knows along with a few close friends. Basically everyone but Cyber land. (Facebook, IG) I probably wont post anything there until I do some maternity pictures because I dont really care about extended friends knowing.
I will say I regret saying anything to people especially cause were not 12w and I told myself I'd wait but the twins thing just shook me and when I'm like that I have a bad habit of blabbing all my feelings to everyone.

Lisalove, there's nothing wrong with telling people before the 12 w mark... The reason why it's been a taboo is because of the chance of MC is higher but that just means, you shouldn't be sharing the MC news either... I think it's about time women open up about MCs instead of being shamed or like a failure.... that way, more women can relate to others and realize it's more common than perceived. Just my opinion... having said that, i might sound like a hypocrite, but we are choosing to keep the news with us and my mom and my best friend until the 12 week mark.. it's totally a personal choice .....

on another note, I finally had my 1st doc's appointment... just gave a pee sample, and got a requisite for a scan and blood work for which I made appointments for tomorrow. I am just hoping and praying the scan goes well and I see a baby with a heartbeat!!

I am with you wanna, I find this strict mark of 12 weeks a way of saying that a pregnancy doesn't exist before it's healthy and visible, which leaves women in the beginning of their pregnancy alone with the stress and vulnerability of this time.
I used this rule: anyone I would tell about a possible mc, I can tell them about the pregnancy. To me it means family and close friends. And I agree it's completely personal and I just suck at secrets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->