June & July 2020 Pearls & Rubies!

I hope your toothache gets better waiting!! Those are the worst. :/

I’m very glad we’re going to (hopefully if all goes well) have a homebirth, I need my husband with me. Thankfully though we’re still months out and I’m very hopeful things won’t be this crazy in 3 months. Hang in there ladies!

Hello everyone
Well im in england over here, i was sent homw from work a week ago because of being pregnant and having an auto immune /neuro disease. I didnt get to say bye to the kids i teach which was upsetting as ill now not see the year 11s again.
Kids off school for foreseable, partner finished at work, hes a self employed joiner, and weve been put on a strict staying in regime. allowed out for one walk /exercise a day and for shopping.
Im 27 weeks today n growing rapidly, i am a bit anxious about the birth, my sister is in now having her baby and her oh is only allowed to stay for a couple hrs after baby is born then not allowed back til she goes home.
1ve 12 weeks to go as this one is planned c section and i do find it upsetting that this is how were bringing a baby into the world. Im just hoping that people do as they are told and it will be over quickly. lots of people here havent listened snd have been living life as usual if not worse. Just selfish.

I’m England as well, worried about birth, reality is that I have probably less than 9 weeks until labour, at the moment hospital allowing birthing partner but that may change and I’m not sure my anxiety/mental health could take it if he’s not allowed to come, I’m already experiencing panic attacks and moments of extreme sadness due to isolation. I don’t know what to do, I’m so sad at the moment, I’m struggling to bond/look forward to baby which is making me feel worse. I’m feeling lost.

awww.. hang in there ladies... we are all in this together.. I agree, that some people are just not listening making things worse for the rest of us.... Thankfully hubby and I are able to work from home also home schooling kids as schools out indefinitely...
I haven't really had time to be bored or feel alone as work still keeps me busy during the day...

I'm not too concerned about birth just yet as I am trying to stay positive and believe that all this will be over in 3 months time.... you'd think maternity section is the safest places out there...

So stay strong ladies... we'll all get through this and believe we'll all have our healthy beautiful babies in our arms safely!

My mother has put the fear in me. Not due till July, but New York is not allowing spouses in the delivery room. We are in North Carolina, but I worry it will get worse before it's better... We've been staying home for the last few weeks already and now we're on a "stay at home order" for another 4 weeks I believe. I will lose my shit if they won't let my hubby be in the room. I've even thought of home birth.. but there is only one midwife in the area that does that.
Ugh it's so freaking scary.

I’m so sorry you all are having such a rough time :( it’s a very weird time in the world. We will all make it through and our babies will be home in our arms soon enough! It’s so hard not to focus on details but sometimes the big picture helps me, when I imagine 10 years down the road.

On a brighter note, I got to see baby in 3D today <3 I also met my midwife and doula for the first time.

4A26991D-0DED-4FB8-9BB7-87866EFF1D0E.jpeg

I was supposed to have my 3d 4d apt today. But they had to cancel all apts. So sad. Weve done this apt for all my babies. We did have the extra early gender reveal, which was nice! Since I work on the LDRP Peds floor at the hospital, I was able to get a few videos of my baby with a normal ultrasound! :cloud9:

I'm definitely worried about birthing. This may all be over (or at least better) by then but if it's not I'm not sure what we'll do. Right now they're allowing 1 person in the delivery room so that's alright but that could change. I'm not sure I could handle it without someone there. Especially as this is my first so I really don't know what to expect, and to top it off my birthing class and tour of the maternity ward got cancelled because of the virus so I won't even have those to help prepare me. I'm really worried I'll be going in mostly blind

If it's any consolation, which I know it probably won't be, I never did a tour of the maternity ward or birthing classes with any of my pregnancies and I think it went pretty okay. Perhaps they have a virtual tour you could look into and there are probably some online birth classes that might be helpful!

Camia I switched hospitals about 2 weeks before I gave birth to my daughter, had never stepped foot in the place let alone know where the maternity ward was, I ended up walking from the car park at the front to the labour ward at the back (about 1/2 mile) very much in labour and stopping every minute to wait for the contraction to pass :rofl: I found out afterwards they have a car park at the back to drop off labouring women...

Last edited:
I had my growth scan on monday. Baby is 2lb 11 already and im 28 weeks now. She had hair too. I also had my aneasthestist apt and signed my c section forms whilst there as they are trying to limit apts unless needed. I will still get my next two scans tho at 32 and 36 wks. But i now have a date for arrival too! 16th june! So 11 weeks yesterday. The countdown has officially begun. I just hope it all settles soon. Ive been ok last couple of days mood wise but ive been really worn out and just no energy. Praying its just third trimester joys and nothing untoward. Each day is anew day and what it brings it will bring. Trying to stay upbeat but not always possible.

Does anybody happen to have knowledge/advice on baby carriers or wraps? I work from home (normally, even outside of the lockdown) so the baby won't be going to daycare and because of the nature of my job I won't be able to be out of it for long after he's born, plus I do a lot of the around the house stuff in summer and fall since my boyfriend works really long, difficult hours that time of year. I figure having something like that to keep the baby with me and get stuff done at the same time will be useful. Especially since we have a big-ish dog (total sweetheart, but curious and clumsy) so I want to be careful about the baby being in his reach in a seat or something. Not that I think the dog would ever do anything, but just to be extra safe.

Anyway, I've been doing some research but there are so many options it's kind of mind-boggling, so I could definitely use some real life advice on what to go for

20200404_104631.jpg
FB_IMG_1585942080278.jpg
Good morning ladies, I had my 28 week ultrasound and did the glucose test this week. Baby is measuring 3lbs on the dot and I passed my glucose test thank goodness!

They surprised me with a 3D image and I got to see the little guy! It was the best thing ever and I'm so sad my husband had to miss it due to spouses not being allowed at the appointments currently. It's safe to say though that the little guy definitely resembles his brothers a bit haha!

Cute picture!!!

I passed the glucose too. Mines always low, 67 this time, no wonder I'm always hungry! :haha:

My doctor wanted me to wait until middle of this month or so to do the glucose test hoping that things would have settled down with this virus by then but it’s just getting worse and they say my area won’t peak until middle of next month so I have to see what they want me to do. This is such a crazy time. Kinda grateful that baby girl gets to keep cooking right now

Cute picture!!!

I passed the glucose too. Mines always low, 67 this time, no wonder I'm always hungry! :haha:
Thanks! And my first two my results were pretty low, 50 something with my first and 70 something with my second. Weirdly enough I also had the WORST reaction to the drink both of those times. This time I felt fine the entire hour and passed with a 120.

My doctor wanted me to wait until middle of this month or so to do the glucose test hoping that things would have settled down with this virus by then but it’s just getting worse and they say my area won’t peak until middle of next month so I have to see what they want me to do. This is such a crazy time. Kinda grateful that baby girl gets to keep cooking right now
I was trying to hold off as long as possible but it needed to get done. They actually just had me drink it in the lab waiting room, set a timer and then had me wait out in my car and just come back in a few minutes prior to the blood draw. It worked pretty well and the time flew because I just called and talked to my mom the whole tim .

Such a lovely pic ZM!! And what a nice surprise with the 3D.

I did my glucose test 2 weeks ago and will find the result at my next OB appointment this Tuesday...

Such a lovely pic ZM!! And what a nice surprise with the 3D.

I did my glucose test 2 weeks ago and will find the result at my next OB appointment this Tuesday...
Thank you! And it was definitely a mood booster with everything that has been going on.

And that would drive me crazy having to wait so long for my results! I was able to view mine in my online portal fortunately.

@zmzerbe they all have the same cute nose! So amazing to see it in the the 3d.

I had a good result on my fasting glucose so I'm glad I don't have to do the GTT. And I can keep on eating what I want, which is great... I did gain quite a lot of weight already (almost 10kg) so I do want to be a bit more aware of my diet but not stressing too much about it.

@Camia I don't have any experience since it's my first but I did some online research and bought a second hand Ergobaby omni 360, which I think looks good. I hope the little one likes it, it is kind of a gamble to buy a carrier before they are born, or so I read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->