June & July 2020 Pearls & Rubies!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Groups & Discussions' started by Heather.1987, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

I hope your toothache gets better waiting!! Those are the worst. :/

I’m very glad we’re going to (hopefully if all goes well) have a homebirth, I need my husband with me. Thankfully though we’re still months out and I’m very hopeful things won’t be this crazy in 3 months. Hang in there ladies!

2. fidgets mammy

fidgets mammy mammy of 3 fab kids

Hello everyone
    Well im in england over here, i was sent homw from work a week ago because of being pregnant and having an auto immune /neuro disease. I didnt get to say bye to the kids i teach which was upsetting as ill now not see the year 11s again.
    Kids off school for foreseable, partner finished at work, hes a self employed joiner, and weve been put on a strict staying in regime. allowed out for one walk /exercise a day and for shopping.
    Im 27 weeks today n growing rapidly, i am a bit anxious about the birth, my sister is in now having her baby and her oh is only allowed to stay for a couple hrs after baby is born then not allowed back til she goes home.
    1ve 12 weeks to go as this one is planned c section and i do find it upsetting that this is how were bringing a baby into the world. Im just hoping that people do as they are told and it will be over quickly. lots of people here havent listened snd have been living life as usual if not worse. Just selfish.

3. kittykat7210

kittykat7210 Proud mum of 1

I’m England as well, worried about birth, reality is that I have probably less than 9 weeks until labour, at the moment hospital allowing birthing partner but that may change and I’m not sure my anxiety/mental health could take it if he’s not allowed to come, I’m already experiencing panic attacks and moments of extreme sadness due to isolation. I don’t know what to do, I’m so sad at the moment, I’m struggling to bond/look forward to baby which is making me feel worse. I’m feeling lost.

4. wanna_baby

wanna_baby Well-Known Member

awww.. hang in there ladies... we are all in this together.. I agree, that some people are just not listening making things worse for the rest of us.... Thankfully hubby and I are able to work from home also home schooling kids as schools out indefinitely...
    I haven't really had time to be bored or feel alone as work still keeps me busy during the day...

I'm not too concerned about birth just yet as I am trying to stay positive and believe that all this will be over in 3 months time.... you'd think maternity section is the safest places out there...

So stay strong ladies... we'll all get through this and believe we'll all have our healthy beautiful babies in our arms safely!

5. Boognishrises

Boognishrises Well-Known Member

My mother has put the fear in me. Not due till July, but New York is not allowing spouses in the delivery room. We are in North Carolina, but I worry it will get worse before it's better... We've been staying home for the last few weeks already and now we're on a "stay at home order" for another 4 weeks I believe. I will lose my shit if they won't let my hubby be in the room. I've even thought of home birth.. but there is only one midwife in the area that does that.
    Ugh it's so freaking scary.

6. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry you all are having such a rough time :( it’s a very weird time in the world. We will all make it through and our babies will be home in our arms soon enough! It’s so hard not to focus on details but sometimes the big picture helps me, when I imagine 10 years down the road.

7. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

On a brighter note, I got to see baby in 3D today <3 I also met my midwife and doula for the first time.