June & July 2020 Pearls & Rubies!

@wanna_baby excited for you! Have an easy and healthy birth.

@Heather.1987 glad to hear you're doing better!

@MiissMuffet hope it starts happening soon. Why can't you wait longer before the c section? Are they worried the baby is too big?

I am 39 weeks tomorrow and feel like it might take longer than I expected. I have some sporadic contractions in the evening but nothing more than that. I'm trying to just be patient and trust my baby that she'll find the right time for her.

Shoulder dystocia and large pph with my 1st bub and then 2 c sections after. They do electives here at 39 weeks.

Just crashing the party to say congrats ladies & I hope all your beautiful babies have a safe & healthy delivery!!

Thank you Kiwi!

Ally congratulations! He is so adorable.

Miis wow you have some history behind you. Hope this one comes easy and without any complications. Do you feel anything starting again or is it back to nothing?

Heather how are you doing dear?

I have contractions almost every evening, yesterday I even thought they are getting closer, but in the morning it's back to normal. I still have time since I'm allowed to go up to 42 weeks but the edema all over is killing me! Please baby come out it's nice here I promise...

Congrats ally! Beautiful baby boy!!!

Thanks kiwi!

I'm doing much better! Now that my catheter is gone, I've been trying to stay more active! We went to the zoo on friday! Monday starts our new normal with my husband back at work.

I'm literally gone crazy! On facebook I saw a picture of a family with 5 kids and I was like awwww that's adorable! The idea of more kids is nice, but the practical side of me says I am 100% done!! I do NOT want to go through another pregnancy or c section.....AND...I did get my tubes out (100% no regrets) and I'm excited to get a uterine ablation too. But I've always wanted to be a mommy and it's a little bitter sweet that I'm so blessed to have 4 wonderful kids...my dream! I love this mommy stuff, it's sad that this stage will soon come to an end. It's a little sad to me...as I'm tearing up writing this.

Monroe John is also here! He made his appearance on 6/16/20 at 7:38am weighing 7lbs 7oz and 19.25 inches long.

This is going to be long, I have a real talent for not being able to shorten things up at all lmao.

I was finally called in for my induction at 9pm on 6/15, I was given an ultrasound to make sure he was still head down, given my negative (yay!) Covid results and then had my cervix checked. I was 4cm and 25% effaced. They started the pitocin around 11pm and my husband and I settled in to watch some movies.

By 3:30-4am the contractions were getting really painful and I asked for the epidural. It took them quite a while to place it, they kept hitting a nerve on my right side, but they did finally get it in though after 5 or 6 tries and started the medicine. Shortly after though I started sweating bullets, was extremely hot and had to have several ice packs to help me cool down. Then I started throwing up violently for about 10 minutes. After that though I felt great and started drifting off to sleep.

At this point I kept waking up to the anesthesiologist and nurse coming in because my blood pressure was falling really low. I had to get 4 doses of some kind of medicine to raise it back up in my IV. The look on my husbands face told me that they were way more concerned about it than I was at the time (I just kept going back to sleep lol).

5am they came and checked me and I had made zero progress since starting. I was crushed.

6am they came and checked me again, I was 5cm and 75% effaced. They also broke my waters. This is where it gets crazy.

6:30 rolls around and my sleep gets interrupted again by 5 nurses and midwives rushing into my room putting on gloves and masks and my husband and I looked at each other terrified. I guess the baby was having some crazy decels that he wasn't recovering well from. They quickly have me get on all fours and checked me again and to everyone's surprise I was 9.5cm dilated and had a "lip of a cervix left" whatever that meant. They drew up some medicine to stop my contractions some that was supposed to go into my arm, but luckily he started recovering a lit better after I changed positions. I labored on all fours for a bit to try to get rid of the rest of the cervix and they finally had me roll back over to push.

If I had to guess I probably pushed for a total of 10-15 minutes tops which wasn'tas bad as the 4.5 hours with my first, but not as good as the 3 pushes with my second. It turns out that he was actually sunny side up which explains a lot of the pain and pressure I was having in my butt. He also was born with his cord wrapped around him like a miss america sash. They said it was probably the reason he was having such bad decels since he dropped into my cervix so quickly it probably compressed the cord a bit.

He was finally here though and even though it was fast and scary at the end we were both ok. I didn't tear at all and he only had some minor bruising on his forehead, eyelid and he broke a blood vessel in his eye because of the way he came out. We were able to leave the next day and have been doing great ever since! IMG_20200620_013052_098.jpg

Also congrats ally! Apparently I accidentally missed your announcement!

Congrats @zmzerbe and thank you for sharing your birth story. I love birth stories and always cry at the end... Monroe is so adorable and that's a perfect photo you posted <3

Congrats to every who had their babies in the last few days....

I also had mine on Friday June 26th. I was having mild contractions all day on the 25th. And at my appointment the OB said I’m 4cm dilated and could be soon... later that day when I called the hospital, they said because it’s my 3rd, I could be like that for days and only to come in when my contractions are 5 mins apart..
Later that night my contractions were getting stronger and about 10-15 mins apart. So we decided to go into the hospital around midnight. Of course when I got to the hospital constructions slowed down... after they assessed me, they said I’m still only 4cm dilated and that it could be a while and I could go home... so we came back home around 1:30 AM only for the water to be broken at 2AM. So when I called the hospital again they said come back... and by then my contractions were so so strong.... I went into the hospital asking for the epidural... was admitted and thankfully epidural didn’t take too long... I was very annoyed when I was getting it though... but after it started working, I was able to rest for about an hour ... then the nurse checked me and I was fully dilated but the cervix hadn’t dropped fully... she gave me some meds for that to happen which did quickly and even without me starting to push, the head was visible... and after about 4 pushes, Baby Nayva was born absolutely perfect at 5:56AM!! So it was a super speedy labour similar to my second... and I was so relieved to see that the amniotic band I had didn’t affect the baby...
we are home now day 5 and recovering well... she’s eating well and working on getting into a schedule... everything is just on demand now... and older brothers can’t get enough of her... :wohoo:

@Heather.1987 , I know what you mean about feeling a little sad knowing this is my absolute last and that all this baby stage will soon be over and I won’t get to go through this again.... as much as it is tough these early newborn stage with roller coaster of emotions with hormones levels everywhere, I’m still trying to cherish every moment of this...
Here she is!! And Gluck to all the other mamas still waiting to hold their precious ones!!!

6CB999CA-6210-4151-BD70-71E414A178B3.jpeg

Also it has been great sharing this journey with you ladies... it went by super quick... !

Congrats wanna! What a beautiful name you picked.

Congrats to everyone! Beautiful little ones

I can't wait for mine. I'm achy and miserable and just counting down the days at this point, but there's still soooo long to go, and all your stories and pictures are making me want to meet him even more lol. I said when I found out that I wasn't patient enough for pregnancy but I didn't know how antsy I'd get towards the end

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->