Just a sleep clinic rant.

It sounds awful. And the problem is, you can feel backed into a corner when it's 'professionals'.

I have never found so-called sleep experts any use at all. The advice is always so harsh. I have not been able to let my child CIO and this has resulted in some nights of less than great sleep, but other nights that have been much better. On the whole co-sleeping works for us, and it's something we have adapted as she's got older. She now has her own bed and I lay with her whilst she goes to sleep and then I sneak out. I only return to her when she shouts for me at night. This may be anything from 11pm until 5am.

You just have to do what works for you. No-one is a perfect parent, being a good parent is about adapting to the needs of your child, whatever they might be. I've given up caring when anyone else thinks.

Thanks everyone. Rest assured I won't be pushed into anything I know Thomas won't be happy with.

This week's clinic is a phone call appointment as all the rooms at the children centre are booked. If they ask I'll just say we are not happy to put Thomas under so much pressure right now and we'll look at transitioning to his own bed in the future.

Thomas slept 9.45-9 last night :)

Oh my goodness that is amazing! No wake ups? I bet you feel refreshed :)

No wake ups :) I couldn't sleep until 2am but I still got more sleep than I usually would :D

What a great sleep. Yes don't feel pushed, I would take my daughter sleeping in my bed anyday if it meant she would sleep better..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->