Just been to the doctors...........

Congratulations to you. My CP is high and soft, :witch: due tues, but I am not feeling very hopeful. I am sure your DF will be thrilled!

Erised said it for me but your cervix is a way to tell because of extra blood flow it turns purple or even blue which is does not do unless you are pregnant. When I was younger my DR took a test and felt my tum then checked my cervix and said nope def not pregnant. Congrats I am sure your blood work is just to get numbers but you are PG.

Good luck i hope u get to test Today and it shows a nice bfp ! .
I really dont want to rain on any ones parade , But i had some stomach pains around 4 months before i concieved my daughter , Dr had a feel at cervix and tried to feel my uterus etc and said i was in early pregnancy by his opinion !!! . I wasnt and concieved 4 montsh later .
Most Drs will just use a hpt hun , But yours didnt have any in so maybe thats why he used that method .
I would trust your own hpt untill bloods come in thow hun good luck ill look for your hpt test results . xxxxx .

ok i just got back from the dr's. she wouldn't do a test said they don't do that anymore but looked at my chart and said it looked spot on looked at my symtoms and said promising test 14dpo so i guess that's what i'll have to do.
as for the way you were examined she said it's a very old fashioned way of doing things and it's very unreliable. As you'd need a colour chart to compare the colour of the cervix and the womb doesn't drop until week 13 so you could see if it was pregnant or not. sorry hun i say POAS in the morning and get the right result!!!!

I've heard of this before but I thought that was what they did for people who went to the doctors after about 2-3 months of being pregnant to see if they can tell how far gone they are. I had a friend who got pregnant when she was 17, she denied it to herself, thinking it was stress but after about 10 weeks, went to the doctors and I'm sure I remember her saying that the Dr felt her stomach and said I think you are further gone than 10 weeks, then did an internal.

I thought the cervix was very unpredictable and you couldn't really tell if you were pregnant or not by this. But then I'm not a doctor...

Have you taken a HPT yet hun? *fingers crossed for you* xx

Thanks for all your comments girls :hug:

Feeling quite gutted this morning, had some bleeding since I got out of bed which I'm convinced is :witch: Still have all the symptoms that I've had since last Monday though. Not had a chance to buy a test yet but will defo do that today.

I'm so confused now! :cry:

Was expecting DF to come home from work last night & give me a great big hug, but instead I got moaned at for not going to work. He already knew I hadn't been as our neighbour was nice enough to text DF when I got home from the doctors to let him know I was home (in other words, keeping an eye on me)! I feel like my blood pressure is through the roof where I'm so stressed out!

Been unusally tearful since yesterday too :cry::cry::hissy:

Thanks for all your comments girls :hug:

Feeling quite gutted this morning, had some bleeding since I got out of bed which I'm convinced is :witch: Still have all the symptoms that I've had since last Monday though. Not had a chance to buy a test yet but will defo do that today.

I'm so confused now! :cry:

Was expecting DF to come home from work last night & give me a great big hug, but instead I got moaned at for not going to work. He already knew I hadn't been as our neighbour was nice enough to text DF when I got home from the doctors to let him know I was home (in other words, keeping an eye on me)! I feel like my blood pressure is through the roof where I'm so stressed out!

Been unusally tearful since yesterday too :cry::cry::hissy:

Aaawww Kellie, I would just wait til you test and not write yourself off yet, if it is just a little bleeding then it may not be :witch:and nothing to worry about.

Talk about nosey neighbours, what business is it of your neighbour.

No wonder you are feeling stressed out honey :hugs:

Let us know how you get on xx

Thank you Debbie, there doesn't seem to be alot of blood (sorry if tmi) but it's still early yet.

My neighbour is a guy who used to work with my DF till a few months ago, appparently my fiance asked him to let him know what time I go out & what time I come home during the day! :hissy::muaha::hissy:

Hopefully your test will bring you some good news today. Take care.:hugs:

Thank you Debbie, there doesn't seem to be alot of blood (sorry if tmi) but it's still early yet.

My neighbour is a guy who used to work with my DF till a few months ago, appparently my fiance asked him to let him know what time I go out & what time I come home during the day! :hissy::muaha::hissy:

Tell me to mind my own business honey but it doesn't seem fair your fiance getting neighbours to keep tabs on you and to be honest I don't know why your neighbour would want to accomodate this.

There is nothing worse when all you need is a hug after a crap day and all you get is grief.

Really have my fingers crossed for you xx

Your right Debbie, I think it's quite wrong for our neighbour to agree to it too. Certainly no friend of mine! & I wasgetting on really well with his g/f, but it seems like she's in on it too! :hissy:

Why on earth is he doing that?

I hope you get your BFP. I had implantation bleeding 2 days before my af was due with dd so hope its something similar for you :)

Bleeding is really common in early pregnancy and is usually nothing to worry about if its only a little bit and you have no pain!

Altho, have you done a test or had your results back yet? I dont want to put a downer on things when you're already teary, but my cervix is so high i cant reach it at random points through the month, I've asked my doctor about this a couple of times and she says that you can only guess from feeling your cervix coz it does go high and soft through out your cycle wether you are pregnant or not, and it doesn't NEED to be high and soft for you to be pregnant. I think its really wrong for your doc to get your hopes up like that!
Good luck!

i totally agree with ju-bubbs hun...IF ur not pg (and i truley hope u r) i wud seriousley put a right complate in ! my god,its a hugh mistake2make if hes wrong, ive never heard of this,but others av,i wud just say do a test asap...also think ur dh sounds like his mega trust issuse,cant imagine how u felt gettin no comfort from him last night:(
good luck hun, go get a test...is ur af due2day ?

The docs method of feeling your cervix and uterus to determine prgenancy is genuine, but a bit old and a little unreliable.

Basically how do you think they determmined pregnancy before HPT's & ultrasounds? They haven't been around that long! 35-40 years ago if you went to the docs thinking you were pg, they would check you this way and give you an opinion, then you'd come back in 3 months for another!

In some ways it would have been quite nice really.....take all the obsessive POAS'ing out of it!

Good luck anyway, sweetie....hope it turns out he's right and you have a stickey healthy bean xx

i have heard of this way of telling whether you are pregnant or not. something to do with the colour of your cervix. i dont think the doctor would of told u if he wasnt sure. although i wouldnt get too excited until you poas - just so you dont end up dissapointed! what is with you being spied on? and are you not entitled to go to the doctors??

Yeah it's due round about now. I'm just beginning to tell myself I'm not pregnant after all. I just can't believe how many symptoms I've had & still have now!

I feel like I'm trapped in a nightmare at the moment!

We both agreed that if I was pregnant we wouldn't tell anyone, but he got home from work last night & went straight next door to tell them before even coming in to see me.

Sorry for the rants girls x

Congratualtions!! Maybe try doin a home test within the next couple of days. Fingers crossed for you!!
xxx

For some reason I can't Thank anyone at the moment :hissy:

As for being spied on, there's not alot I can do about it really, I have to walkpast their front door anytime I want to go out. I spoke to his girlfriend the other day & she must've blatently lied to me when she told me that my fiance had not asked them to let me know my comings & goings :hissy::hissy:

I promise I'll try to stop the rants now girls :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->