Just for fun during this TWW :)

Akirkland

Reaction score
I found this on another site and thought it would be fun to do here. Hopefully it distracts everyone a bit from the TWW and allows a bit of fun. Please keep the questions in bold to make reading your answers a bit easier. :flower:

The Questions:

1. Will you find out the gender?

2. Will you use a pacifier?

3. Do you have any nursery ideas?

4. Are you the first/middle/last of friends to TTC?

5. Will you get/use hand me downs?

6. How close in age would you like your children?

7. Will you make your own baby food?

8. Will you co-sleep?

9. Will you use a stroller/believe in using stroller?

10. Will you go back to work or stay at home?

11. After newborn/infant how long will you let child cry before going to them?

12. How often will you bathe child?

13. Will you do extended rear facing car seat?

14. Will you breastfeed? If so, how long?

15. When will you introduce solids/baby food?

16. Do you want a boy or girl first?

17. Do you have names picked out?

18. How many kids do you want?

19. Will you homeschool?

20. Home or hospital birth?

21. Planned c-section, epidural, or natural birth?

22. Will you drink while pregnant(clearly not get hammered, a glass of wine occasionally)?

23. Will you cloth diaper or use disposables?

24. If you have a son, will you circumcise him?

:hugs: and baby :dust: to all!

The Questions:

1. Will you find out the gender? Yes

2. Will you use a pacifier? Yes, but only for a year.

3. Do you have any nursery ideas? If we have a boy I would love to do a Harry Potter themed nursery or Doctor Who. For a girl I'm not certain yet.

4. Are you the first/middle/last of friends to TTC? I'd say somewhere in the middle to last.

5. Will you get/use hand me downs? As long as they're clean and stain free I will, nothing wrong with hand me downs. They only wear them once it seems anyways.

6. How close in age would you like your children? 2-3 years at most.

7. Will you make your own baby food? Yes, I'm certainly going to try. I love to garden so I would love to use the fresh fruit and veggies in it.

8. Will you co-sleep? Yes, for the first few months to a year.

9. Will you use a stroller/believe in using stroller? Yes I will and yes I do.

10. Will you go back to work or stay at home? Stay at home.

11. After newborn/infant how long will you let child cry before going to them? All depends on what my doctor recommends.

12. How often will you bathe child? Depends on age and what the doctor recommends.

13. Will you do extended rear facing car seat? Not sure what this is but I'll follow the laws the state has for car seats.

14. Will you breastfeed? If so, how long? Yes and as long as possible.

15. When will you introduce solids/baby food? When the doctor tells me I should, I'm not 100% certain to how many months until you can do that.

16. Do you want a boy or girl first? I'd love a girl first but a boy would be fine as well.

17. Do you have names picked out? Possibly but I change my mind a lot.

18. How many kids do you want? 4

19. Will you homeschool? No

20. Home or hospital birth? hospital

21. Planned c-section, epidural, or natural birth? Natural

22. Will you drink while pregnant(clearly not get hammered, a glass of wine occasionally)? No, not at all.

23. Will you cloth diaper or use disposables? Not sure yet.

24. If you have a son, will you circumcise him? Have to discuss that with my hubby and how he feels about that.

1. Will you find out the gender? No

2. Will you use a pacifier? Yes if needed, but not constantly, actually had this conversation last night

3. Do you have any nursery ideas? not really

4. Are you the first/middle/last of friends to TTC? Last of one group and first of another

5. Will you get/use hand me downs? as long as they are in good clean condition

6. How close in age would you like your children? 2-3 years at most.

7. Will you make your own baby food? Yes definitely.

8. Will you co-sleep? I don't think so but who knows

9. Will you use a stroller/believe in using stroller? Yes

10. Will you go back to work or stay at home? Back to work probably but only part time hopefully

11. After newborn/infant how long will you let child cry before going to them? Depends, I'll only know once I know my child, I would like to think I won't be running in picking them up constantly

12. How often will you bathe child? as often as needed

13. Will you do extended rear facing car seat? Not heard of it so don't know

14. Will you breastfeed? If so, how long? yes if I can, as long as possible

15. When will you introduce solids/baby food? when I feel my baby is ready to move on to solids.

16. Do you want a boy or girl first? I can't deny I would like a girl first but I would be happy either way

17. Do you have names picked out? Yes, have had them picked for a few years

18. How many kids do you want? 2-3

20. Home or hospital birth? hospital

21. Planned c-section, epidural, or natural birth? Natural

22. Will you drink while pregnant(clearly not get hammered, a glass of wine occasionally)? No

23. Will you cloth diaper or use disposables? disposable

24. If you have a son, will you circumcise him? No.[/COLOR]

1. Will you find out the gender? Yep :) Probably hoping a little for a boy - but it'd be nice for my DD to have a sister too

2. Will you use a pacifier? Occassionally

3. Do you have any nursery ideas? We'll probably reuse my DD's nursery (bright primary colors and jungle theme) and let her help design a new bedroom for herself

4. Are you the first/middle/last of friends to TTC? First locally, but middle of a lot of friends/family who we've been longterm friends with

5. Will you get/use hand me downs? Yep - for either sex

6. How close in age would you like your children? Tough question. A year ago I would have said 2 years apart... now I'll just take what I can get.

7. Will you make your own baby food? I love the idea, but couldn't find the time even when we just had one kid lol

8. Will you co-sleep? No.

9. Will you use a stroller/believe in using stroller? Sure!

10. Will you go back to work or stay at home? Back to work after a few weeks/months off, still need to work out the details

11. After newborn/infant how long will you let child cry before going to them? I never really let my DD cry it out unless we were trying to get her to sleep. Probably the same this time... with maybe a little more delay if I'm busy with DD

12. How often will you bathe child? We were always so bad on this. Hopefully 3x a week - probably more like 2

13. Will you do extended rear facing car seat? Depends. Our DD was big and looked so cramped rear facing, so we turned her early.

14. Will you breastfeed? If so, how long? Yes... but how long depends a lot on work schedules. I'll aim for the same 6+ months I did with my DD

15. When will you introduce solids/baby food? I feel like this was around 6 months too? LOL I don't really remember. Whenever the books/our peditrician says to

16. Do you want a boy or girl first? See Question 1.

17. Do you have names picked out? We like to keep a flexible list of top choices, and see what the baby "feels" like as the pregnancy goes along. But yes we have a list already

18. How many kids do you want? Two and through, I think.

19. Will you homeschool? Nope, love the daycares/preschools/schools in our area.

20. Home or hospital birth? Hospital

21. Planned c-section, epidural, or natural birth? (second) Planned c-section

22. Will you drink while pregnant(clearly not get hammered, a glass of wine occasionally)? On rare occassion

23. Will you cloth diaper or use disposables? Disposable

24. If you have a son, will you circumcise him? Yep

And Aikland - Love the Dr. Who/Potter themed nursery idea... But why boy-only?

Fun game, Akirkland!

The Questions:

1. Will you find out the gender?
Yes, but we're thinking of keeping it just between me and DH. We don't want our kids to have a ton of gender-stereotyped stuff (DH haaaates pink. Haha!). Note: We'll probably give up on this one though because I bet the family will want to know :)

2. Will you use a pacifier? Undecided yet. I don't have any problems with it.

3. Do you have any nursery ideas? Multiple Pinterest boards :) I'm loving the thought of furniture in white, grey, and turquoise, then adding in pops of color depending on the gender (possibly orange and navy for a boy, and yellow for a girl).

4. Are you the first/middle/last of friends to TTC? Right in the middle.

5. Will you get/use hand me downs? Absolutely!

6. How close in age would you like your children? 2-3 years if possible, but obviously that all depends on fertility. I'm grateful for however many children we have and when they'll come.

7. Will you make your own baby food? Yes! We recently bought a Blendtec, so I'm excited to use that for baby food.

8. Will you co-sleep? Yes, I think so.

9. Will you use a stroller/believe in using stroller? Yes to both.

10. Will you go back to work or stay at home? I plan to work freelance from home.

11. After newborn/infant how long will you let child cry before going to them? Ahhh this is such a huge debate, isn't it? I must admit, I haven't read enough about it to make a decision. I think it would depend on the type of cry.

12. How often will you bathe child? No idea! I'd have to ask the doc.

13. Will you do extended rear facing car seat? Again, no idea!

14. Will you breastfeed? If so, how long? Yes, hopefully weaning fully by 1 1/4 years.

15. When will you introduce solids/baby food? Haven't got a clue! I'll probably listen to doctor's recommendations.

16. Do you want a boy or girl first? Either, just so I can have a baby! DH wants a boy, and we already have a name for a boy picked out, so that would probably be easier :)

17. Do you have names picked out? Our boy name is picked out, and I have a lot of boy names I love for siblings. Girl names I can never decide! I have a whole list :)

18. How many kids do you want?

20. Home or hospital birth? Hospital, definitely.

21. Planned c-section, epidural, or natural birth? Natural (hoping to use Hypnobabies or something similar) but honestly I'm not opposed to an epi.

22. Will you drink while pregnant(clearly not get hammered, a glass of wine occasionally)? I don't drink, so no.

23. Will you cloth diaper or use disposables? Disposables for the first few months, but then transition to cloth.

24. If you have a son, will you circumcise him? Yes.

I don't know a bunch of these answers yet - probably will ask lots of these Q's on the pregnancy forums when the time comes!

1. Will you find out the gender? yes - DH really wants to!

2. Will you use a pacifier? I had assumed so - is this controversial?

3. Do you have any nursery ideas? It'll depend on the gender, haven't really thought too much yet actually?

4. Are you the first/middle/last of friends to TTC? I'm in the first group, theres about 4 of us all ttc, one just got her bfp!

5. Will you get/use hand me downs? I would if I was offered any - I don't think anyone has any though.

6. How close in age would you like your children? They will have to be fairly close in age since we want 3-4 and I'm already 29 :(

7. Will you make your own baby food? I'll have to look into this.

8. Will you co-sleep? No

9. Will you use a stroller/believe in using stroller? Yes.... is there a reason not to?

10. Will you go back to work or stay at home? Probably go back part time.

11. After newborn/infant how long will you let child cry before going to them? I'll have to read up/ask dr.

12. How often will you bathe child? Same as above.

13. Will you do extended rear facing car seat? Whatever the law is - I think it is yes??

14. Will you breastfeed? If so, how long? Definitely yes

15. When will you introduce solids/baby food? Whatever dr. says

16. Do you want a boy or girl first? I'll be happy with either!

17. Do you have names picked out? Yep :)

18. How many kids do you want? 3-4

21. Planned c-section, epidural, or natural birth? Epidural

22. Will you drink while pregnant(clearly not get hammered, a glass of wine occasionally)? Def. not!

23. Will you cloth diaper or use disposables? I had assumed disposables but considering cloth now..

24. If you have a son, will you circumcise him? Probably not

Fruitee- When the time comes, maybe we can swap ideas on how we make baby food!

KrissyB- I'm not against doing it for a girl but I think if I end up with a girl I'd want to do something with a lot of pink in it. I could make it work with both themes and make them girlie.

Alikat27-Thanks I saw this sort of game on other forums here as well as other message boards. :)

Crazycatlady5- I don't think it's controversial to use a pacifier, it's just different for each parent to decide on how long. As for the stroller, some women prefer baby wearing instead of using a stroller. To each their own!

1. Will you find out the gender? *Sex, I refuse to use the word gender for biological sex. I probably will find out :)

2. Will you use a pacifier? Yes

3. Do you have any nursery ideas? Not really, but I'm sure that'll start as soon as pregnancy is confirmed!

4. Are you the first/middle/last of friends to TTC? Among my friends from childhood/teen years, middle. Among the people I hang out with these days, I'm ahead of the curve. This is what happens when you go for a second degree and end up spending all day with people 6-7 years younger :p

5. Will you get/use hand me downs? I don't know, but yes if we do!

6. How close in age would you like your children? 1-3 years apart

7. Will you make your own baby food? Probably some made, some bought.

8. Will you co-sleep? No.

9. Will you use a stroller/believe in using stroller? Until they're old enough to last an entire walk, yes.

10. Will you go back to work or stay at home? I'll probably have #2 before I'm ready to "go back" after #1, so I'll be home for a few years. Eventually I'll go back, but I can definitely see myself being a stay at home mom while they're really young.

11. After newborn/infant how long will you let child cry before going to them? That'll depend on how much of a crier baby turns out to be! I may have to learn to ignore the crying, or I may be blessed with an infrequent crier and learn to respond right away. Who knows!

12. How often will you bathe child? 2-3 times a week minimum - more if it's necessary.

13. Will you do extended rear facing car seat? I will do whatever is recommended in my province (honestly haven't researched that).

14. Will you breastfeed? If so, how long? Yes, for as long as I can stand it.

15. When will you introduce solids/baby food? I think 6 months is generally a good time? Slightly earlier or later depending on when baby shows interest.

16. Do you want a boy or girl first? A boy

17. Do you have names picked out? William Jacob Peter, or Sarah May Elizabeth

18. How many kids do you want? 2-3

21. Planned c-section, epidural, or natural birth? Preferably natural

22. Will you drink while pregnant(clearly not get hammered, a glass of wine occasionally)? No

23. Will you cloth diaper or use disposables? Disposables mostly

24. If you have a son, will you circumcise him? No

I love these kinds of things! :)

1. Will you find out the gender? Yes, definitely. I am far too impatient to wait to know. :haha:

2. Will you use a pacifier? I'm going to attempt to, as long as baby will take it. My first three kids weren't too keen on them, so I'm expecting the next one won't really want one either.

3. Do you have any nursery ideas? None yet. Although, I think I'm going to start looking through pinterest soon. :winkwink:

4. Are you the first/middle/last of friends to TTC? I'm the first to TTC for a fourth baby, but the last to TTC in the last couple years.

5. Will you get/use hand me downs? There's a possibility. I got rid of all my older kids' things, though, and the only other baby in the family is my newborn nephew; I'm hoping to get pregnant before he outgrows all of his stuff.

6. How close in age would you like your children? I would like a 2 year gap - my first and second kids are 16 months apart and my second and third are 2 1/2 years apart...my second and fourth (my third is an angel now) will be over 6 years apart. :nope:

7. Will you make your own baby food? Probably not.

8. Will you co-sleep? I've done it with my others and loved it, so it's a definite possibility.

9. Will you use a stroller/believe in using stroller? Yes. Although I'd love to try baby-wearing.

10. Will you go back to work or stay at home? I am fortunate enough to get to be a stay at home mom, which I absolutely love.

11. After newborn/infant how long will you let child cry before going to them? I think it will depend on the situation. Honestly, it probably won't be long.

12. How often will you bathe child? As often as needed, but 3 times a week minimum.

13. Will you do extended rear facing car seat? Probably, yes.

14. Will you breastfeed? If so, how long? I would love to breastfeed. However, when I breastfed my girls, my depression came back pretty badly, so I'm not sure if I'm even going to attempt to next time. It's something I still have to think a lot about.

15. When will you introduce solids/baby food? Probably around 6 months if baby is ready.

16. Do you want a boy or girl first? I have 1 son and 2 daughters, so I have the best of both worlds already. :cloud9: However, I would love to give my OH a son (this will be his first).

17. Do you have names picked out? Leo Michael for a boy and (possibly) Lillith Iris-June for a girl. I'm not sure about Lillith but my OH is.

18. How many kids do you want? I want 2 more. That will make 5 total, although only 4 on Earth with me.

19. Will you homeschool? No, more than likely not. I don't homeschool my older children and I don't see that changing.

20. Home or hospital birth? Hospital birth. I feel more comfortable with doctors right there.

21. Planned c-section, epidural, or natural birth? Natural birth - will more than likely be a planned induction.

22. Will you drink while pregnant(clearly not get hammered, a glass of wine occasionally)? No.

23. Will you cloth diaper or use disposables? I would love to use cloth diapers, but I don't think OH will go for it. All my other babies were in disposables.

24. If you have a son, will you circumcise him? Yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"