Just got referred for IVF

honeycheeks- following you over here =) was going to try iui 5 with a natural cycle after findings cysts after iui 4 with injections.. had cysts left over so.. no meds this round,. but i have off the week of june 11 and if i want to aim for that week for er and et then i had to skip this one.. so.. entering ivf land with new donor sperm that can swim

drsquid, welcome in here :hi:
I am guessing I might be with you in the IVF cycle, sometime in early june hopefully. Good luck for your IVF cycle and praying that it goes very well for you.
Lots of :dust: to all of us.

aleja- so sorry. my heart goes out to you. honeycheeks is right, so not fair at all. you should take a bubble bath and pour yourself a glass of wine. let your body relax and recuperate before deciding what to do next.

drsquid- welcome to ivf land!

honeycheeks, stinas & nosaint- whats the word hummingbird? anything new on your end?

littleangel- once again, thanks for sticking around! i was rereading one of your previous posts...so you said they took 7 mature eggs from you correct? our clinic says they want at least 15-18 eggs, when i went in last fri. i had 11 when i went in yesterday i had 7. they didn't seem too concerned about it because the 7 are growing great. my blood levels also went up considerably too, my e2 levels went from 30 to 360 plus. they also double my dosage. at first i was concerned that only 7 wouldn't do but i think they are trying to get some more with the meds. i have a friend that only had 5 eggs and now she is pregnant with twins so who knows? any thoughts?

started the ganirelix shot today (in the thigh) not as bad at the bravelle & menopur (in the tummy)...however my thigh is pretty sore today :( the tentative ER is a week from today. i am starting to get really excited! keep me in your prayers girls! :)

got my "plan" from the doc today. go for progesterone level on the 11th then start lupron that day. hopefully get my period on the 21st and get a baseline us on the 22nd (this could be dicey cause i leave for philly on the 22nd at midnight, but i guess i can get us in philly too). then around june 1 i start gonal f. of course i dont end up using my cetrotide... sigh. 6 boxes of that go to waste. noticed they didnt say anything about bcp to get from may 22nd to june 1.. but emailed the doc and he wrote back in minutes saying people dont usually ovulate on lupron so i guess that is what is going to shift my cycle.

Yay drsquid - I am excited you have your schedule already. i hope there are no other surprises for you. You really deserve a BIG FAT BFP really soon, after all those IUIs. Keep us updated how it goes. Have you already signed the consent forms.

hi ladies, :flower:

thanks for the hugs:hugs:

tobefruitful, your cycle seems to be progressing well . 7 follies seems pretty good and this of course can improve very quickly since they've upped the dosage. 15-18 eggs is awesome but i guess the downside is the risk of ohss which is not fun at all. but like your friend who had less eggs but a baby, maybe its quality over quantity. Looking forward to hearing how your EPU goes next week.

sheri, how is the FET cycle going? I am interested in finding out what your protocol is as I think I am going to do a FET in June. I don't want to take any meds as they really did affect me. I felt so bloated and horrid all cycle. I guess I will wait to hear what the FS says.

Honeycheeks, I can totally understand that glimmer of hope when AF doesn't arrive. I feel that every month even though we have 2% of natural BFP due to Dh's low sperm count. talk about high hopes!!

hi stinas, drsquid, noasaint (how did the mock transfer go?), littleangel and anyone else i forgot:hugs:

Tobefruitful - I wouldn't worry, you only need 1 good one to get your baby. I was over the moon to get 7 and then 4 fertilised. To be told we had a top grade blastocyst at the end (odds are this is our baby) was amazing to me. I had always considered this first cycle of IVF as diagnostic. We had no idea my eggs would fertilise, or develop, and at every step we were just so happy to find out that we finally work!

Ideally, I suppose it would have been nice to have more eggs, because then the odds are we would have ended up with more than one excellent blastocyst and we would have had it frozen for the future. But I can't possibly be anything but grateful and overjoyed at the way things have turned out.

Fx for you that the drug increase helps, but don't worry, 7 is a good number I think :)

Aleja - more :hugs: Thinking of you. I'm glad you're looking ahead to your next cycle.

So very sorry Aleja!! Big hugs to you girl. As for my mock transfer it was OK. I wish I would've taken a xanax beforehand though, I felt crampy and tense the rest of the day. Thanks for asking.

Squid, thanks for explaining about the bcp/lupron thing. I was wondering why I had to take bcp and now I know it's because I won't be on lupron. Can you donate the meds to your clinic or ask them if there is someone paying out of pocket for it like you that can take them off your hands (through the clinic of course, I'm not suggesting black market or anything, LOL)

Tobefruitful, prayers on the way chica!! I'm soooo excited and hopeful for you. Would love to be preggers with a fellow Floridian in a few months.

Honeycheeks, is the wait seeming like forever for you? I feel like time is going in such slow motion. A friend of mine had her baby yesterday, she is also 38 years old, and I was happy for her but at the same time it was a huge reminder that I'm not pregnant and the long road ahead. I wish I could speed up the clock for us and get to ER already.

AFM, like I said the waiting is killing me. I talked to the ART nurse today and she wasn't so nice. It has me a little down. I really felt like she didn't want to answer any questions and like I was annoying her. At consent signing the RE told me I would not be on lupron. The ART nurse said my chart said lupron and another med not mentioned. She was supposed to call me back Friday after she checked with the RE about what she really wanted but never did. I waited till today to call back and check the status and the nurse said "Why are you even calling me when you haven't gotten your period yet?" UGH!!! Not very supportive at all. Oh well. Good thing I don't have to deal with her for another month or so again.

On Sunday my car died. It's only 4 years old. I didn't want to get a new car as DH suggested 6 months ago because I want to stay home once I have a baby, at least a year. My car is almost paid off. So we just had some unexpected car repair expenses on top of a couple of things in the house that need to be repaired. It's always something. I'm trying to keep in my head too that in another month we'll be shelling out for my meds. I've been working OT this week to keep myself busy since this waiting is killing me and to make up for the unexpected car repairs. All I feel is stressed and tired unfortunately. Looking forward to the weekend.

I just wanted to say that yes all you ned is one baby!! I just got pregnant after dr.s advice to only transfer 1... He was right :) ... we have 4 frozen embys!!

Hi ladies,

Aleja my FET is so far so good, just trying to get by 1 day at a time at the mo :wacko: hope your starting to feel a lil better :flower:
This is the protocol for my Natural FET cycle:

Cd2- BT to make sure my levels were baseline
Cd10- BT
Cd13- BT & scan, trigger injection of pregnyl 5000 to boost Ovulation
Cd17- pregnyl 1500 injection
Cd19- FET
1dp5dt- BT & pregnyl 1500 injection
4dp5dt- pregnyl 1500 injection
7dp5dt- pregnyl 1500 injection
11dp5dt- final BT

I'm 7dp5dt & very nervous, trying to remain calm :wacko: have lots of symptoms but I did with my fresh failed cycle too...

Baby dust to all

Hi ladies!!!!!!

Sorry I dont answer to all of you...I still dont understand all the IVF lingo. Its all jibberish to me so far....hopefully in time ill be able to chime in. But I wish all the best and I am still reading all your post like I understand them...im still routing for you!

noasaint - Sorry about your car....your the second bnb buddy that has had car problems! They always suck! Its always once you almost/did pay them off that they start giving you problems. This is why DH and I lease.

sheri76 - When can you test????

Godpromised25 - Congrats!!!

littleangel, Honey, aleja, tobefruitful, drsquid - :flower::kiss:

No news on my end....just waiting for tuesday!

Hi ladies!!!!!!

sheri76 - When can you test???

Hi stinas, my official BT is Monday morning :wacko: if I have no signs of af by Sunday night I think I will test at home :test:

Waiting is driving me insane!!!!

I just wanted to say that yes all you ned is one baby!! I just got pregnant after dr.s advice to only transfer 1... He was right :) ... we have 4 frozen embys!!

this makes my heart smile :flower: many congrats!

hope everybody has a wonderful day!!:happydance:

Hi ladies
Stinas sorry the lingo doesn't make much sense to you. It's hard not to fall into the trap of using it all.

Sheri I can't wait to hear how your cycle goes.. Not long now.
I always thought natural FET (frozen egg transfer !) means no meds at all but you seem to be on some injections still . I really hope FS gives me nothing at all but I guess I don't want to be taking risks either.
What was your first natural cycle like after the IvF stimulated cycle? Was it same length .. Did u ovulate around the same time ?? Sorry about the thousand questions . I think learning about these FET cycles is keeping me preoccupied for now!

Noasaint . Funny that about your friend having the baby.. One of my best friends had a baby last night too. She and I were TTc together for a while and here I still am wondering if it will ever happen .

On the upside I managed to book in an appt with FS in 3 weeks . I was told He was all booked out but I insisted otherwise I would have missed out on the chance to do a cycle in June

sheri76 - How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fx!!!

aleja - im sure once I start going to the fertility clinic ill learn asap. Once we get dh figured out ill be a pro! hehe

Hi ladies hope you are all well,

Aleja my cycle after the ivf was almost normal af arrived 2 days late but sometime would anyways... I thought a natural cycle would be no meds at all as well but pregnyl is the hcg hormone so I guess that makes it kinda natural.

I'm hanging in there by a thread :wacko: This 2ww business is a form of torture!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend:flower:

Oh Sheri i hated that 2ww too it was painfully slow..not long now for you ..

Stinas you will definitely feel like a pro soon enough . I already feel like a garden variety IvF expert and I have only done the one cycle:haha:

Tobefruitful how are you feeling ?

Hi all

Sorry not posted in ages! Sheri wishing that everything goes smoothly the next 2 weeks!

I've had some fab news at last! Start ivf in 4 weeks!!! So excited!! ;)

Even though I've just had my wisdom tooth out cant stop smiling as I know we're one step closer to our family!!!

Likklegemz - YAY!!! Thats great news!! ewww wisdom teeth! Dont remind me...I had all 4 taken out at the same time and I was in pure hell for 3 weeks! Only bright side was I lost 15 lbs!

Happy Weekend ladies!!

Sheri - you are in my prayers. I have everything crossed for you.

godpromised25 - thanks for sharing your IVF experience and giving hope to us here. May god bless you and your little one.

tobefruitful - how have you been

noasaint I guess we would be IVF cycle buddies in June.

Stinas - fx for you. I am sure you will pick up the IVF lingo well before you actually do your IVF cycle.Knowing the details of what goes in to IVF really helps a lot in taking atleast some of the stress involved in IVF.

Likklegemz - it is amazing news that you get to start in 4 weeks.

Aleja - when do you start FET?

littleangel - how have you been?

drsquid - good luck.

AFM, nothing but waiting for my appointment. it doesnt seem too far away. I must say that even waiting for weeks or months for my appointment has been more stress free than those TTC times. Those were days in hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->