Just got referred for IVF

Im no pro, but I would go on with the ER. You have gone the IUI route and it has done nothing, so I say the ER is worth it. All you need is one to get that BFP.

noasaint- fingers crossed for you.

so i had 4 grade 1, 2 grade 2 and 5 grade 3 blasts. had 2 transfered, 1 frozen today and they are checking again tomorrow to see if more make the freezing grade. the transfer went well today (other than lying down on the table which was excrutiating on my poor tushie). was only 30 min late to court and the lawyers and judge were actually on a sidebar anyway so no one even noticed. figure it isnt bed rest.. but i sat all day without doing much. tomorrow night my new meds come in but.. i dont have to do another shot (this am was the last one.. sucked to have to do it knowing how bad it would be)

btw named them inky and squirt

drsquid - :dust: When do you think you will go for ET?

umm i had two transferred today.. inky and squirt

Sorry....i have a bad habit of reading too fast! lol
Are you going to test early?

noasaint- i have no other option but to wait. because of these appointments I had to take a long break from work. So technically im not working now.I would say you must go ahead with the ER. It doesnt take a lot of eggs to have success with IVF. If they good mature ones, I am sure you have a good chance with thic cycle.

aleja- im reallly pleased with my FS, she is really nice and patient with me.Im glad finally AF came.

drsquid- yay for inky and squirt. I hope they decide to snuggle inside you for another 9 months. Those injections sound horrible. Im glad you wont have to do too many of them.

Stinas- You are almost there, just gettign started with, so dont feel left out. I guess if I dont have my ET this cycle, we would be IVF cycle buddies.

Me- I have been very busy and tired after daily appointments.There seems to be so much going on with you ladies and I havent been able to keep up. I have my ER scheduled tomorrow. I hope we get good results after the ER. Also my FS said they would monitor me after ER and then decide whether we transfer embryos this cycle or do an FET next cycle. Depends on whether i am at risk for OHSS. I was quite disappointment when FS said we may not do embryo transfer this cycle. After coming this far, it would be too bad not to do ET and having to wait for another cycle. I am not bloated and dont have any pelvic or abdominal pain. Just some pressure kinds sensation when I am twisting or turning. I had my hCG shot last night. It kinda hurts now. The injection itself dint hurt when I took it, but today morning it hurts a little, nothing unbearable though.

littleangel- how are you? Are you loving to sport your bump?

hey drsquid. you are officially double PUPO. very exciting:happydance:

Honeycheeks, i had a feeling it was suddenly all going to happen for you. Its a bit like that. sometimes the ET sneaking up quickly. your doctor sounds like she is taking very good care of you. I know its hard to hear the ET may not happen because there is such a build up this that moment but just from my own experience I would trust the FS and accept that they might cancel ET. OHSS is not fun at all and there is no point risking a lovely embryo. If your body has taken a battering from the stims then maybe it will be better for your embies to be in a clean natural environment rather than all pumped up full of hormones. Luckily it sounds like you are doing fine at the moment which is good news.

Noasaint. that is a tough call having to decide btw IUI or ER.. How many eggs do they think you will get? You may get a few still even with 4 follicles. I am leaning towards ER as the stats would be better? it also depends on your DH's sperm count. We were only given 14% chance of BFP with IUI which I thought was really low.
Whatever you decide GL and either way I hope you give it your best shot.

stinas and everyone else, hello there!:flower:

Hi ladies seems like a week since I've posted... 30 hours without power was not fun, lucky my parents are on the other side of the city & didn't loose power just their fences so we stored all our fridge contents there. My daughters thought it was great their schools were closed for 4 days.

Everyone seems to moving along so fast in their cycles it's great :) hope to see some BFP's very soon!!!

I have ET again on Monday & have decided if it doesn't work to have a break for a few months, ivf has taken over my life for 6 months now & not sure how much more I can cope with... So we booked ourselves flights to Bali for oct/nov if this cycle works I'll be 20 weeks pregnant if not ill be starting operation OMG get this body ready for a bikini diet!

Noasaint - I would do ER. It only takes one and you've come this far. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Drsquid - congrats on your lovely blasts and ET. Enjoy being PUPO.

Thinking of all you ladies xx

Honey- I know the feeling. My doc almost canceled Et on Friday and I freaked

congrats to all you have had their ET today.
it is such a scary journey we are on..and as we go one...just hoping for the 1 egg and sperm to fertilise and a baby grow.
I am day 2 of the injections, just a quick q for you all, i am on 150 puregon and i have used 300iui , anyway i finished and there was still a bit left in the tube, but the pen went back to 0, so i dont know if i got the whole lot!
i am so nervous of messing up, so i hope i have done it right...

any suggestions?

thanks all.so much pressure to get it right!

Congrats drsquid on being PUPO :) Crossing fingers for you.

Can you believe it I'm still on stims?!?!? I've got a 21mm, a 17mm, and 2 16mm. Not sure why we aren't triggering for ER Thursday but we're not. She wants one more night of stims to see if the small ones grow at all (18 on each side). My poor arms are so sore and the drive is long very early in the morning. If there are 4 we will go with ER. Such a waiting game. E2 is now 1600 so hopefully those small ones start catching up! RE will not do IUI w/ E2 so high.

Today I checked my insurance and there's another RE practice I can go to that's pretty close. I'm skeptical though because they don't put their success rates on their site and just have a blurb about how comparing clinics isn't really a true measure. Their hours are 9 to 5 whereas my current RE is 7 to 5. Not sure if it would be worth talking to them or not if this cycle gets cancelled. This would be cycle #3 cancelled but first IVF cycle with two "wasted" cycles in there too.

mammy- they put a significant amount of overfill in . that is a downside to the pens.. with multivials you get to use the "extra"

got a call from the doc. 3 more frozen today. i think he said i have 2 grade 1 and 2 grade 2 blasts.

Noasaint hang in the darl, it's not over yet and you may not need to think about a different clinic . I am certainly no expert but your long phase of stims has meant all your follicles and hormones have increased slowly rather an an abrupt growth. I see this as a positive as your body has had time to adjust to the treatment . I am keeping my Fx that your ET goes ahead

GL Mammywannabe And honeycheeks

Drsquid, well done you really did well from your Stims. Your FS must be impressed

ladies - quick update from me. I had ER today and it went so smoothly. i am so happy about the way my clinic treated me. We got 28 eggs. Now waiting to hear the fertilization report. DH is staying at home with me, he dint go to work today, which was so sweet of him. I am not anxious about fertilization as we are not anticipating any problems there. I am still in some pain, just feeling slighlty better at the moment, so just hopped in to give my update. Looks like ET is going to happen this cycle, we would know when after the fertilization report. Hoping to put two back in.

Squid- Congrats on being PUPO. warm :hugs: to inky and squirt.
All the other ladies, i will reply to you updates when i feel a little better.
good luck noasaint, and... i am sure i missed someone else

Yay honeycheeks!!!!! Glad you are doing well, awesome number of eggs!!! Take care hun.

U/S still showed no growth of the small follies. Waiting for the call now, I am sure E2 is over 2000 now. Even the tech asked me what they were saying when they call. I know it takes only 1 but I'm so scared my insurance will change after the end of the year and then I won't be able to do this again after that.

Honey - yay to 28 eggs that's awesome! Hope you get some lovely embryos and plenty to freeze from that. Good luck for yur ET.

Sorry I missed your question when you asked how I am. I am really well thanks. The bump is bigger not noticeable in my work tunics yet although I took up the maternity trousers tonight in case I need them soon. Out of work, I'm in full maternity gear now and loving the bump. I've also started to feel the first movements this week. Very excited for my scan next Friday when we should find out boy or girl!

Noasaint - :hugs: I only had 7 eggs, and since I am 38 the odds weren't good. so hope it works for you the way it did for me.

Honey - Yay!! Thats great news!!!!

noasaint - I hope they grow soon!!!! Insurances suck big time! Im sooo angry about them. Im getting bills left and right and I havent even fully started IVF yet.

Aaaawwww, Littleangel how sweet!! Glad you are doing well. Will you be finding out the gender or no?

Stinas, ouch!! Those stupid bills. I called my insurance today and confirmed no limit on IVF thankfully so now that I think about it if I have to do it again by end of year I will.

Thank you for the kinda words Aleja, I really appreciate it. I think this group is the only thing keeping me going at the moment.

So I got the call. Finally. E2 is 2172, the little ones still have not grown. We're going to go ahead and get the 4 that are there. ER is schedule for Friday. I'm nervous and excited, worried a lot about none of them fertilizing cause we're not doing ICSI. I'll be on Vivelle patches and Crinone after the ER. Most likely will have a 3 day transfer which is fine by me cause I told my work I'd be back on Tuesday which is our busiest day of the month. Ovidrel shot in 10 minutes woo hoo!!

Noasaint- Having come i appreciate your decision to do ER. Yay for the trigger. I hope you have atleast one healthy bub from just 4 eggs, like littleangel said, it takes just one. It is awesome that insurance covers everything, and if for whatever reason this doesnt work, im hoping you can do another round before your insurance expires.

littleangel - it feels so lovely to hear updates from you. I am eager to know your baby's gender too. Have you started thinking any names. I am sure your bump is super cute.

Stinas- not getting covered for IVF under insurance can add a lot of stress to IVF. I am sorry your insurance gives you alot of trouble. For me anyways nothing is covered, but we knew how much we would need to shell out and fortunate for us, we were able to save the right amount of money just in time.

Aleja, Sheri, how are you.

Mammywannabe- thank u for your sweet thoughts. The other ladies here are right about the prefilled injections, there is always some left behind after you have used it all up. It has always been so for me too. I was worried like you too.

Me- I was in a lot of pain yesterday after ER. But i just chose not to use any pain relievers. Today is a lot better . I can feel that the pain is going to go away completely by the end of the day.Hoping to do some shopping in the evening.I hope the pain goes away by then. I dint have bleeding or spotting yesterday or today which is awesome. Started using progesterone pessaries since ER. Now I know why they are called "messy" :haha: . This was my first time using it. The nurse told me I could use it vaginally or rectally. Vaginal bullets seemed just so gross I couldnt imagine doing it rectally. Have you ladies found any one of them better than the other. Atleast I am grateful I dont have to do PIO shots. In a few hours time I would be told the fertilization report. ET is likely to be on Saturday, I am happy when they actually told me we may not have to cancel ET , and I hope it stays that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->