Just got referred for IVF

noasaint - Yeah it sucks, but it is what it is. lol Im glad yours is unlimited! Take advantage of it!!! I hope you wont need it after this cycle, but for baby #2!

honey - It is sooo awful that they dont cover anything...but ...we were not expecting them to. Thankfully we are able to pay for it on our own, but it still stings to shell it all out at once. Its going to cost upwards of almost 30k since we need all the "extras". I guess it just hurts more since this all went sooooo fast...there was no time to stash some cash aside for easier access. We really didnt expect to go the IVF route for sure, we thought the surgery could work....that went out the window pretty quick.
DH has a very demanding long hours business, so to add this stress on top of it really gets to him sometimes. Especially now that its the busiest time of the year.

Just got a call from the clinic, 23 fertilized out of 28 which i think is awesome. looks like we might do a day 5 transfer.

hi gals honeycheeks wow you got so many eggs!! congratulations. no doubt you will have plenty of blasties to freeze too x

noasaint, can the clinic change it to icsi if they need to? just in case you only have a few eggs and to make sure they fertilise? so glad to hear it is going ahead.

stinas, hopefully the surgery and cycle will be the first and only time you are shelling out $$$

I am doing ok, nothing happening....waiting for my first monitor visit next Thursday

Thanks aleja, the ET is likely to be on monday. I am glad it is a 5 day transfer, lesser days to wait after ET and OTD. Is there any update from you?

noasaint - aleja has a fair point here. It would be very worth asking for ISCI if your clinic will do it.

Stinas- That is huge money that you are spending on a single IVF cycle. You really deserve success the first time. Keeping you in my prayers.

Noasaint - we find out gender on Friday. I am so excited, will let you guys know when I find out! Xx

Honey - that's an amazing fertilisation rate!!! Your eggs and DH sperm must be very good. I felt the same about 5 day transfer, less time to wait. Silly I know but I also felt like the lab is a controlled environment, the longer they are in there and not in me, less chance I can mess it up! Roll on 5dt on Monday xx

Honey - Thank you very much...you are in mine as well....so are all the rest of the IVF & Azoo ladies!! We have been through enough already, we all deserve it!
Thats amazing news!!!! wow!!! Yay!!!! How exciting!! Do you know how many you are going to transfer? I cant remember if you told us already.

aleja - Thank you!!!

Lol Stinas, there will not be a baby #2.

ICSI is not something I am willing to do. We are doing AH and that's as far as I will go.

Looking forward to Friday Littleangel!!!!

Way to go Honeycheeks,, you should have lots of frosties

Why not?

Sorry if im being blunt...you dont need to answer.

littleangel - i have a feeling its a girl, it would be exciting to fidn out. Me and DH dont have a lot of problems other than my blocked tubes at the moment, so we always expected good results with IVF. I feel the same, I can relax and take my time to be myself and not worry about the embies as long as they are in the lab and well taken care of. If they were inside me already, Im sure I would be worrying about them already.

Stinas- Since my Estradiol values were high, the doctors might let us transfer only 1 as there might be an increased risk of OHSS with 2 growing embryos. We personally want to do 2, still 1 is better than no ET this cycle.So far Im doing good, so hoping that the clinic will let us transfer 2.

noasaint- goodluck and :dust: to you.

drsquid- thank you. Hoping that inky and squirt have found their fav corners to snuggle in for 9 months.

Home from ER, feeling very crampy but that's it. Unfortunately only 2 eggs retrieved and other than that I have no info since no one advised me, they advised DH who didn't ask questions. Praying both fertilize.

Noasaint - hugs and hope you feel better soon. Fx your luck starts now and both turn into beautiful embryos xx

congrats honeycheeks on the no of eggs.
That is great no...hopefully you will have loads to freeze and get your 5 day transfer

well done you x

fingers crossed noasaint,that they develop into perfect emmies

good luck to all xx
i have my scan tomorrow to see if the drugs are working.
hopefully there will be a good no of follices growing

hugs to all girls
praying for us all x

noasaint- Praying that both fertilize and grow into perfect little embryos.Sending you loads of :dust:

Mammywannabe- good luck for your scan. Thank you for keeping my embies in your thoughts.

littleangel- did you find out the gender yet?

Honeycheeks, how are your embies doing?

Stinas, I don't mind bluntness at all as I'm a very blunt person myself. For me I just have personal beliefs about ICSI. It's just not for me but I'm very glad it's available to those that need it or want it. Beautiful children are the result of ICSI and for this I'm glad.

Just got a wonderful call. Both eggs fertilized last night!!!! I'm so happy right now. Trying to remain cautious knowing they may not divide but I'm praying and wishing and trying to stay calm. Today I feel pretty good although I feel ravenous, I'm just very hungry for some reason. A little soreness trying to have a BM (sorry TMI) but no cramping thankfully.

noasaint- thats amazing news. Grow embies grow. I was very sore after ER too, still a little sore.

I am to call the clinic tomorrow morning to get an update on the little ones. I hope they are happy and well taken care of in the lab. The lab said they would call me whenever there was any bad news, and I havent got any call yet, so thats hoping that all of them are happy there. Progesterone makes me soo tired and sleepy. And I am quite bloated in the evenings.

Hi ladies,
Hope you are all well, I'm so tired & nauseous from the progesterone pesseries & work I've hardly been online :sleep: so much has happened on here I'm not sure where to start so I'll just give out lots of baby dust to you all :dust:

I have et tomorrow 4th time lucky maybe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->