• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just got referred for IVF

Noasaint congratulations !!! Wow that was a quick birth!!!!

It's lovely that the trio of bubba's (actually 4 with Drsquid) are all finally here xx

Hello Ladies, How are you?
Aleja - how is the pregnancy going for you. You are almost halfway there !!
Stinas - How are things looking for you? When are you starting IVF again?

How are all the lovely Mommas and bubbas doing?

AFM - I am in the infamous tww after my FET#2. The embryos werent really good quality. I have been feeling exactly the same symptoms as last time around. I have a feeling it is not going to work this time either. Just trying to be emotionally prepared for the worst to come. We dont have any more frosties. So it is going to be a fresh cycle next time.

Honey......I am praying so hard for you dear. I want this so bad for you, if you're not going to be optimistic I totally understand so I'll do it for you. Will try to check in a week or so and see how it goes.

Sorry it took so long, I just now realized I did not post pics of Leyton. Here she is at her one week milestone.

Noasaint - Leyton is such a cutie, what bright eyes she's got.
I am not trying to be "not" optimistic, just that we need to try so hard to be able to take bad news. I just dont want to walk out of the doctor's office in tears and run to the nearest washroom and hide my tears for another half an hour. Then I walk out with a red puffy face. I thought we would put an end to this routine by trying to be stronger. The stress of it is getting at me now. I am now 9 dp transfer. OTD is 18th of March. Will do my best to take my mind off this stuff. Thats the reason I havent posted in a while.

Thanks so much for keeping me in your prayers.

Noasaint she is beautiful! Hope you are enjoying being a new mum & arnt too tired :flower:

Honey best of luck you are in my prayers.

Drsquid how are you & your babies getting on? Hope your getting some rest...

Aleja hope your morph test went well if you've already had it if not good luck!!!

Phoebe & I are going good, she's 6lb 10 now & still very quiet & content, hoping she stays that way...

Hi ladies,
Noasaint your girl is beautiful and so feminine. You must be over the moon with her.

Honey I am keeping everything crossed for you. I totally understand trying to mentally prepare for a let down . I think it's a common way to cope. I thought you had several embies left? Did they defrost them all for this FET?

Sheri, thank you my morph scan was yesterday . We are having a boy!!! Baby looking well and healthy. Everything is normal however my cervix still on the short but normal side . I will wait to hear what OB says but last time he wasn't worried at all.

Aleja - Congratulations on team blue. God bless the little one.

We had 12 day1 embryos. They all needed to be thawed as they apparently werent growing well. The clinic did assisted hatching and still got one that was "OK/good" and 2 more which they thought din't have a great chance. The rest had to be discarded as they werent any good. We transferred 3, though it was a shock to be told just before the transfer that we were doing 3.
I had most symptoms like last time. And have been extremely hungry and tired.I have been eating 5 regular meals now and still hungry when I earlier ate just 2 major meals. I have been spotting since the last 2 days and now it is a little more than spotting. AF is almost here. Tomorrow is OTD and we already know we are no longer thinking of a 2013 baby. Still, it doesn't make it easier to hear those words that begin like "I'm sorry....Unfortunately, this time ....." from the doctor.

Oh Honeycheeks I'm sorry about the spotting - I really hope it's nothing.

Noasaint - omg what a cutie!!!!!

Honey - don't count yourself out until that beta!!!
I started my second round this past we'd. So I am on day 4 going on day 5 now. Pretty interesting figuring out places to hide and inject at work, but whatever. It is what it is.

Hope everyone is well will catch up better this week. Had a super long day at work. Just checking in on my iPad quickly

Aleja congrats on having a boy! Time to go shopping for blue stuff!!!

Honey I hope the spotting isn't af it isn't over until the beta...

Stinas good luck for your new cycle!!!

Its another BFN. And they wont do another new cycle for me in 6 months.

Honey, I am so very sorry :( My heart is just breaking for you. Why do they want to wait 6 months??

6 months before another fresh cycle seems like a standard thing they follow, there is no explanation for it, it is just the clinic policy. That's what I was told and it upset me so much because I din't know that earlier.

Honey I am so so sorry you are going through this. It is heartbreaking . The 6 mth policy makes no sense whatsoever as it isn't based on research . Is there a different clinic you can try?

Honey - I am sorry! I have never heard of the 6 month thing either. I have heard two whole periods and then you can start again, but no 6 months.

I know, but I don't think I can do anything to change it. Though I would visit the clinic again and request them to give me an earlier date. There is no other place we can go to, so there is no option but to wait.

Edit - I didn't mention it earlier , but at 10dptransfer I got a positive and by 13dp transfer it was again negative. I wonder why this always happens with me. Arrgh another chemical pregnancy. But I had hoped , out of the 3 embryos atleast 1 would stick. :shrug:

Honey have you ever had any immune testing? Sometimes if your immune system is compromised then embys don't survive when they implant.

6 months before another fresh cycle seems like a standard thing they follow, there is no explanation for it, it is just the clinic policy. That's what I was told and it upset me so much because I din't know that earlier.

Oh Honey I'm so sorry.....could you and DH travel back to your country (or another country in the region) to cycle there? xxx

Honey have you ever had any immune testing? Sometimes if your immune system is compromised then embys don't survive when they implant.

I have got all the testing done, and they found nothing wrong. And still my doctor put me on something that helps with the immune issue though I don't have one. I have also on some blood thinning medication to prevent any clotting issues when the embryo implants. But nothing worked. I went to my clinic again yesterday to get an appointment to see my doctor. The lady at the desk gave me an appointment to start a new IVF cycle instead. She doesn't exactly come across as the brightest crayon in the box, does she? I hope no one notices that I got my appointment before their "6 months crap me policy". i might be able to start another IVF cycle if my doctor doesn't object. Fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->