Just got referred for IVF

Aleja - how have you been? You are almost there. Would love to hear from you.

Me- My next appointment is in August.

Hello there honeycheeks!!!
I'm so happy you got an appointment - will you be starting a new cycle??
I recall you were doing the karyotyping tests.. How did it go?

Hi to the new mums... Hope you are all well
And stinas how is the bump ?

Honey, I am doing well now getting rather large and heavy but Knock on wood, but I have a non-eventful pregnancy so far I hope it stays this way.
I have two weeks left of work before I got on maternity leave. I can't wait as I got plenty of things to do all baby -related as my DH and I have been slow to get things organised.

Pls keep in touch throughout your cycle I really am hoping hard that this is the one for you xoxo

Hi everyone!!!

aleja - I had a miscarriage actually. Saw heartbeats and then by 8wks they were slow, then a few days later nothing.
Starting FET in a few weeks.
How are you?

How is everyone??

Oh my gosh stinas I am so sorry I had no idea :-(
I just saw your signature ...

So glad you have some frosties to use . Will you transfer two again? Xx

Hi ladies,

Stinas sorry to read of your miscarriage :hugs:

Honey hope your appointment comes around fast :flower:

Aleja hope those last 2 weeks of work don't drag on! Not long now & baby will be in your arms :baby:

My phoebe is 4 1/2 months already, she's still small but started sleeping all night at 3 months, ill upload a pic when I turn my pc on next...

Thank you! Its ok....it was just not meant to be I guess.
I am going to be doing FET....went in for saline sonogram today, everything is clear, so just waiting for AF now. She said it will probably be two weeks because it looks like I am ovulating now. Will go on BCPs then and will be doing re accruing miscarriage tests, even though I only miscarried once.....she just wants to check it all out.
We have 3 :cold: .

Hey sheri!! How are you? I'd love to see your Phoebe.
Are you on mat leave ? It's great that she is sleeping all night already. That means you get some rest x

I have a few reports to write before I go on leave so that will keep me busy. I could have easily kept working for another couple of weeks because I don't feel too tired yet... However I just want to have some down time preparing for bubs rather than thinking about boring work.

Stinas its great you are having some tests it's better knowing if there is any reason why you lost the bubs. So sad but it seems like you looking ahead to these next frostiesx

All my tests came back good. No issues found. So its still a mystery why I have chemical pregnancies all the time. I just found out that my husband's sister is getting married probably in the first week if September. We live in another country and ER and ET are likely to be around that time. So not so good news. And I dont want to tell anyone that we are not coming for this reason. I dont want to share any specifics of our IVF until we have a positive. What do you think I should say about not going to the wedding.

Hi Honey
Great news about the all clear with tests but what a mystery about the Chem pregnancies.
The timing with the wedding is unfortunate but I can totally understand why you want to skip it. How does DH feel about missing his sisters wedding?
I didn't tell anyone about IVF so I can see why you don't want to say anything until you got good news to share. Can you say you are having a 'procedure' eg gynalogical surgery ? They may ask questions but you could say its a laparoscopy or something ??

All my tests came back good. No issues found. So its still a mystery why I have chemical pregnancies all the time. I just found out that my husband's sister is getting married probably in the first week if September. We live in another country and ER and ET are likely to be around that time. So not so good news. And I dont want to tell anyone that we are not coming for this reason. I dont want to share any specifics of our IVF until we have a positive. What do you think I should say about not going to the wedding.

Glad your tests came out good!!! Still frustrating not knowing....as stupid as it sounds, sometimes you wish something came out neg so you have a reason as to why it is happening.

AS for the wedding......Aleja is right....maybe you could say laparoscopy or something in that nature?

Thanks for your ideas ladies. Me and DH have been talking about the wedding. He doesnt seem too keen on going. He insists that he wants to stay back here with my and our little embies. Maybe the tww is the only time we could spend with the little ones, so he wants to be with me all the time. And about the wedding, its her second wedding. She ended her first wedding on a whim and not everyone in the family is a fan of her. So lets see.

Hi ladies,

Honey good news on the test results & i think alejas idea about the surgery excuse is a good one...

Stinas i hope AF turns up on time, best of luck for your FET...

Aleja i'm really good i'm on mat leave for this year, not sure what i'm doing next year yet but i'm thinking i might return 2 days a week in term 2 or 3 & full time when Phoebe starts preschool at age 5. Enjoy your mat leave while you can, your bub might surprise you early like mine did & then you'll be happy you had the break...

attached a couple of pics of our cute lil Phoebe :flower:

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3438.jpg
    IMG_3438.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 2
Sheri - Phoebe is a cute happy little baby. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Hi Sheri!
Phoebe is an absolute cutie you all must be over the moon with her.

I am enjoying my mat leave so far. Trying to catch up with friends and do last minute things and sleep of course which I am finding very hard now !
Are you a teacher ?

How are the other mums going? Hope you're all doing well x

Honeycheeks, I am glad your DH is going to stay with you . It is an important part of the cycle and good to have the moral support. Plus I am sure he was there for the first wedding!!

Hi! I finally finished readin though jus whole thread, took me 2 days of reading on and off to do so.

Hope you ladies don"t mind me joining in.

You all had quite the journeys. Congrats to those who have your babies :)

A little about me, I'm 24, married 3 yrs, ttc 3 years.

I've done ultrasounds, HsG, Laproscopy, been on 7 rounds of Clomid, 1st year had like 3 AF, 2nd year 6, 3rd year since January, missed one. Tested for preggers, no AF showed up later that month.
Had a hard time with the hsg and lap.
Have low thyroid, and hormones were sort of out of sack, but been stabilizing, that's what for the past 2 years we thought it was hormone issues with 1 blocked tube. Still don't even know what it's blocked with, the lap couldn't fix it, it would need a more extensive expensive surgery.
Hence the reason why I'm referred for IVF becuase pretty much my 2nd tube is "blocked"
And spending money to possibly correct the issue better off spending on IVF.

IVF can take up to 3-6 months just for the first call, hoping faster, and it cost 8000 Canadian just for the procedure alone.

The testing for IVF is free with our Free Canadian health care, just fertility drugs and procedures is not covered, but it some provinces I think it is. Depends on their criteria.

So now I'm at the point of asking lots of questions, more than likely do the per testing, get hubby checked, he's been checked for sperm 2 years ago, and he is above and beyond. So I don't know if they need to test him anymore, but I think they should for like the hormones.

I'm young healthy, no pcos, no endo, no scarring, nothing. All is healthy and in working order, producing eggs, but still don't really know if ovulation occurs, it's a hit and miss.
Tried doing temp readings and opks but they are not quite reliable.

Now knowing there is no chance of natural pregnancy why bother to see if I'm ovulating. Conception can't occur, doc says the blockages possibably right at the beginning of the tubes.

So I think IVF will be successful.
I'm just nervous of all the work involved, the injections stuff won't bother me, it's all about timing and if my body can handle all the changes it will go through.

I'm scheduling an appointment with my doctor to go in further depth talking about IVF.

Hi SKP,
Wow that is impressive that you read the whole thread! It was a very active thread in the past but now lots of ladies have gone on to have babies so its a little quiet these days.
It sounds like you are very well researched about your options which is very important.
Given how expensive cycles are I think it's great that you are asking lots of questions.
When do you expect to have your first cycle?

The needles and ivf schedule isn't that bad. It does get emotionally draining when it doesn't work though. We put in so much effort into the treatment that its such a let down when it doesn't work first time around. Having said that a few ladies on this thread fell preggers first go. Hope you have this success . Good luck

I hope all goes well. Right now I'm waiting on the call and that could be 3 to 6 months. I hope to get somewhat started before the year is over.

The shots and schedule don quite worry me as much since I have lots of time on my hands, I'm more worried about being sick, since I get sick so easily.

I have sort of ibs along with many intolerances to food, the slightest cramping or iCal feeling and I'm sick.

Hi SKP, its probably good to discuss your sensitive stomach to your FS as perhaps the hormones may make you feel queasy. The part that made me feel sick was post egg retrieval as i got mild Ovarian Hyperstimulation syndrome ...i was very crampy and generally feeling unwell for a few days.

I was thinking of asking my doc to have me do cd 3 and 21 blood tests up until its time for IVF, that way we can see if my body ovulated decent enough that. May be ale to skip the drugs and do a mini IVF.

SKP, welcome to this thread. Its awesome that you read through the whole thread.
You have been through a lot already and I hope IVF comes quick and successful to you. The actual IVF isnt all that bad, its usually waiting for your IVF cycle to begin and then the tww which are the most stressful.

Since you dont have other complications other than blocked tubes, you looks like a great candidate for IVF. Since most of the medications are injections, its not too many drugs you put into your stomach. So I think thats better for your tummy. The IVF medications didnt really make me sick, I have an extremely sensitive stomach and I am sick most days. I made drastic changes to my diet and excluded all that makes me sick. It really made a big difference in my life.

Aleja - how are you? OMG it less than a month to go? How are you? How has the last trimester been? I am so excited for you.

Stinas- When are you starting ?

Hello to all other mommies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"