• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just got referred for IVF

6 months before another fresh cycle seems like a standard thing they follow, there is no explanation for it, it is just the clinic policy. That's what I was told and it upset me so much because I din't know that earlier.

Oh Honey I'm so sorry.....could you and DH travel back to your country (or another country in the region) to cycle there? xxx

Maddy, thanks for your concern. But the stress of going through this is a lot, that we dont want to travel to another country to do this. Moreover we dont know how long DH will have to stay away from work for it. I have been on with this IVF thing for an year now with no results, so staying away from work indefinitely is not an option for us as we don't have a lot saved up for travel and leave without pay.

Honey I am so glad the receptionist is a bit thick I hope you can sneak another IVF cycle without the clinic noticing . What will you ask the FS this time?
The chemical pregnancies are just baffling. I hope FS can provide some answers x

6 months before another fresh cycle seems like a standard thing they follow, there is no explanation for it, it is just the clinic policy. That's what I was told and it upset me so much because I din't know that earlier.

Oh Honey I'm so sorry.....could you and DH travel back to your country (or another country in the region) to cycle there? xxx

Maddy, thanks for your concern. But the stress of going through this is a lot, that we dont want to travel to another country to do this. Moreover we dont know how long DH will have to stay away from work for it. I have been on with this IVF thing for an year now with no results, so staying away from work indefinitely is not an option for us as we don't have a lot saved up for travel and leave without pay.

No probs, just canvassing different ideas :) I've spent a lot of time living and working overseas in a few different countries. So I know sometimes it just takes a trip across borders to solve problems :winkwink: Have you thought about do donor eggs, or using a surrogate in India or Thailand using your own eggs? As I said, just throwing ideas around here hun :flower:

Honey I am so glad the receptionist is a bit thick I hope you can sneak another IVF cycle without the clinic noticing . What will you ask the FS this time?
The chemical pregnancies are just baffling. I hope FS can provide some answers x

I guess there is nothing left to ask my FS. She told me very clearly that id hCG drops very early in pregnancy, there is nothing they can do about it.A chemical pregnancy / miscarriage is inevitable. I have done all tests that exist and I was given all the extra medication that is given for recurrent pregnancy loss. The doctor said there is only so much medical science can do. I am only worried about OHSS this time. Last time I got it real bad. Also there was the chromosome test (blood karyotyping) that we did. Those results were not yet in , the last time I visited the clinic. So we'll see those results. I don't know what to expect if something wrong comes up in that test. Also I was asked to do a pap as my FS said my cervix looks very unhealthy and is very easy to bleed. I don't even know what that means or what treatment I will have to undergo regarding that. I have got my pap schduled. So , we'll see.

No probs, just canvassing different ideas :) I've spent a lot of time living and working overseas in a few different countries. So I know sometimes it just takes a trip across borders to solve problems :winkwink: Have you thought about do donor eggs, or using a surrogate in India or Thailand using your own eggs? As I said, just throwing ideas around here hun :flower:

Thanks Madddy, I really appreciate your different train of thoughts and suggestions. I am Indian and I know surrogacy is common in India. But I really want to give birth to our own baby.Also we cant afford to travel to India at the moment. So we'll keep trying. I really want to experience our pregnancy with just me and DH and give birth to our little one. I hope that dream comes true someday. I am only 27 and my eggs are good and we had 23 good embryos in my first IVF cycle. So I hope we can do it with my own eggs. DH has Olympic grade swimmers too. So what do you think is lacking, just some :dust:.

honeycheeks dear please find below the details of craft hospital branches in different places . Deira, Dubai: +971 4 2222383 Doha, Qatar: +974 4440499 UK Contact: +44 07574499668, 07578838427.
Craft hospital has a very high success rate in ivf. I am doing ivf from their main hospital here in india.

Honey, I'm really sorry to hear about your latest BFN. I think about you a lot and hoping for you to get some good news soon :hugs:

Thank you so much little angel. Your little one is growing up too fast. He is such a lovely boy.

Hi honey I hope you are well. Reading your story makes it real that sometimes life is unfair. It doesn't seem right that there isn't a specific reason why your embys dont implant. Have you heard of Dr Alan Beers ? He was a doctor who treated patients with multiple miscarriages and implantation failure. I read his book before my last cycle just to see what my options were if I went down that hard road. Just a suggestion x

Stinas how is your cycle going?

Aleja - I have been better in the last couple of days. I guess I have sort of grieved over our loss and are ready to move on. Thank you very much for recommending the book. I looked online but couldn't find a Kindle version of it. And it also doesn't seem to be available in bookstores around where I live, so it's kinda hard to get my hands on the book. Anyways, I read some editorial reviews on the book and it seems to discuss problems like auto immune disease and genetic incompatibility. I would like to hear if there is any other factors discussed , with regard to recurrent implantation failure.

We have done all the testing related to implantation failure and everything came back normal. I was still given medication which is given in case of auto immune disease, after my ET, as my FS felt it is going to help, just in case. But apparently it didn't. For the genetic testing, my husband and I have given blood samples sometime toward the end of March. I would know the results on my next visit, which is on Monday. I don't know if there is a solution if they find something genetic. Also I have my pap scheduled and at my last ET , my FS said my cervix looks very unhealthy and is likely to bleed on contact. So that makes me nervous about the pap too.

Now that I am able to think with a clear head, I feel there is some hidden problem that makes me lose our baby every time. My symptoms after ET is like clockwork. They follow the same pattern , it has been exactly the same in all my 4 chemical pregnancies. I don't know what to make of it. There surely has to be a problem, hasn't it? I can't afford to be very hopeful. I can't let the losses take a huge toll on our life, considering that we suffer losses so often. I hope all that we had to go through makes me stronger to face the next cycle. I want to be as detached as possible for the next round. It had been pretty scary this time, with me unable to cope well.

Aleja - How have you been? When is your EDD?
Stinas - good luck for your cycle. When are you testing?

After 2.5 years....last night I FINALLY got my BFP!
Thank you all for keeping me going and always having me in your thoughts!
Got + on EPT last night, but we all know how those blue dye tests are, so had DH go buy FRER & Digital today, both +! Beta is on monday.

Honey - Im sorry for all your losses! Cant you get maybe a second opinion as to why this keeps happening?

Stinas a huge congrats! So very happy for you :happydance:

Honey I hope you get some answers at your next appt. stay strong :flower:

Huge congratulations Stinas. I had a feeling all along that this cycle was going to do it. I am jumping in joy for you. A holiday baby!!

Thanks everyone for keeping me going. I hope to get some answers at my appointment. Also I hope my next cycle doesn't get postponed further. I just managed to sneak in an appointment against the general policy of the clinic. I hope no one picks that up at my appointment on Monday.

Thank you ladies!!

Honey - your the best! I can't wait for your FET cycle! Hopefully you get all the answers you need at your next apt!!

OMG stinas congratulations that is wonderful news!!!!!!
I can't even remember - is this with your hubby's fresh or frozen sperm.. Or a FET cycle ?
Good luck with you beta test x

Honey I ordered the Dr Beers book 'Is your body baby friendly?' From the book depository website. It was hard to get in Australia too.
It does have an emphasis on immune issues but his treatments suggest more aggressive treatment using IViG or intralipids. I am on another Australian thread where the ladies , some after 3,4,5,8 cycles are falling pregnant using this treatment .

However an unhealthy cervix sounds no good and like something that needs to be looked at and sorted before you do fall pregnant ( and you will!!) I only realised how important the cervix is now I'm pregnant .. That with a short or incompetent cervix it can mean premature labour.
I am doing well so far.. 22 weeks and I feel the bubs kicking a lot now. My EDD is 8th August

aleja - Thank you!!! We used his frozen sperm from his TESE in July.

Ladies, I had my appointment today. It didn't go exactly the way I had planned. The dim wit at the reception had booked me in for a follow up appointment , which means I can only "talk" with the doctor and not start a "new treatment cycle". Anyways I managed to sneak in another appointment for Thursday. I better be a little more smarter sneaking my way in.

My blood karyotyping results were not in yet. The doctor checked with the lab and still couldn't get the results. FS promised to call me later when the results come in. I hope the results are not lost and we don't have to do it again. The results of karyotyping take painfully long.

Anyhow, I had a good chat with my FS. She thinks it is not a good sign that I have the same thing repeating over and over again with so many implantation failures, 7 failures officially, huh! She tends to think something might come up in the karyotype results. Then we would do PGD in the next cycle. PGD is Pre implantation Genetic Diagnosis. It is basically a Biopsy done on the embryo on day 3 after fertilization. Any genetic abnormalities suspected are ruled out and the good ones are saved for transfer. Sounds like a great deal for an embryo to go through. I also suspect that it further reduces the chances of the embryo growing, as it is already invaded, but we'll see.

But if nothing come up in the karyotyping results, then we have no leads and nothing to make the chances better.

Thank Stinas and Aleja for keeping me in my thoughts.
This is an all new cycle for me, if it is this one, so I am scared for my life for OHSS. It is likely to be cancelled or postponed for some reason I believe. I tend to think that because I somehow sneakily manage to trick the receptionist into booking my appointments.

Aleja- Your bub will be here probably even before I have my next IVF cycle. I am so excited for you.

Well done stinas and you even have a few frosties for a follow up baby!

Honey, I really hope the karyotype test gives you some answers. As much as I don't want you to have a genetic issue, at least there is something that can be done about it through pgd . I don't think I could accept no reason for the implantation failures
Good luck with your next appt

Aleja - Thats what is on my mind too. Though I am definitely not looking forward to hear about a genetic issue, I definitely need answers. After having been through so much, it doesn't even matter now whether we can ever have our own baby, but I am not ever quitting without getting answers.

Arggh!! The clinic didn't call me today with the results. I was told that I would receive a call later today with the results. Anyways, I have got myself an appointment for thursday, so its not a long time.

Congrats Stinas!!! So happy for you, praying for sticky embies

Honey....good for you for sneaking in those appnts and not just sitting and waiting. I'm sorry you didn't get a call though. That is really frustrating. I really hope Thursday brings you some answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->