Just off Birth Control Pill Need A Buddy

I've been on Necon for almost 14 years, I finished my last pack on August 17th got AF normally and today will be my first day off. :shrug:

My DH and I will begin charting Monday morning, as we are getting the BTT thermometer Sunday.

I would love a buddy to talk about post-BC life.

Good luck all!
:thumbup:

MrsMosi, congrats on finishing your last pack of BC pills! I was on birth control for 7 years and finally got off just a week before you :)

We're not charting this month, but I'm doing the SMEP and on CD11. I'm getting antsy for O day hopefully around CD14 if my cycle ends up being normal right off the bat. If not, SMEP should have us covered.

Tori, how long after you stopped BC did AF and O chart in a routine fashion?

Tori, how long after you stopped BC did AF and O chart in a routine fashion?

Unfortunately, it's my first month off, so I'm not quite sure. But everything seems to be pretty normal for being off birth control. I've had no problems with CM (starting to get what I believe is EWCM) and we're using OPKs. I forgot to start charting this month, so if it doesn't happen for us, I'll be charting on CD1 in September.

Jess812, I will have my fingers crossed for you!!

Hanie22, I id have cramps off and on last month and they finally stopped, well I think!

Ricschick, As soon as AF stops get to BDing! Well at least you can start all over again! Wow you are TTC number 5, I know your household is exciting! How old are your kids? If you don't mind me asking.

Koala1, I hope your cycles will regulate soon! Some of the side effects from coming off BCP are just a big headache!

Tori0713, I heard of the SMEP, if this cycle don't work out I think I will try SMEP next cycle. I haven't started using OPK's yet, but If I am not pregnant before next year, I will use the OPK's.

I am 7 DPO and I have been off of BCP for a month! I am happy that I am off of it! Since I have been walking my daughters to school I have been seeing cute little babies all the time! Everytime I see one I say "awwww she/he is soooo cute!" I have gained weight which I am angry about, but I know I can lose it within two months.

Good luck ladies and keep up with the updates!!:hugs::hugs:

Yes our household is a busy place lol we have 3 girls 1 boy who are nearly 9,7,5 &3 so this one we wasn't planning on going for we thought we had stopped at 4 lol but we thought why not and its now or never before the age gap gets too big. It will be nice tho and a bit of a change this time as there is a bigger gap and I won't have too many babies to look after I've always has toddlers and babies at the same time. I'm excited and its nice to have another as we have just gotten married. X

So glad you guys are here. I am TTC #2. I have been off bc for 3 months. I had a period the month after I stopped pill and now I have missed the last 2 periods. Making me think I can get pregnant because I am not ovulating if I don't have a period, right? Its driving me crazy because it always been so easy for me to get pregnant. Im super emotional, tired and boobs hurt. Wondering why I have having those symptoms so much with no period and no BFP.

Feeling confused

Jess812, I will have my fingers crossed for you!!

Hanie22, I id have cramps off and on last month and they finally stopped, well I think!

Ricschick, As soon as AF stops get to BDing! Well at least you can start all over again! Wow you are TTC number 5, I know your household is exciting! How old are your kids? If you don't mind me asking.

Koala1, I hope your cycles will regulate soon! Some of the side effects from coming off BCP are just a big headache!

Tori0713, I heard of the SMEP, if this cycle don't work out I think I will try SMEP next cycle. I haven't started using OPK's yet, but If I am not pregnant before next year, I will use the OPK's.

I am 7 DPO and I have been off of BCP for a month! I am happy that I am off of it! Since I have been walking my daughters to school I have been seeing cute little babies all the time! Everytime I see one I say "awwww she/he is soooo cute!" I have gained weight which I am angry about, but I know I can lose it within two months.

Good luck ladies and keep up with the updates!!:hugs::hugs:

Yes our household is a busy place lol we have 3 girls 1 boy who are nearly 9,7,5 &3 so this one we wasn't planning on going for we thought we had stopped at 4 lol but we thought why not and its now or never before the age gap gets too big. It will be nice tho and a bit of a change this time as there is a bigger gap and I won't have too many babies to look after I've always has toddlers and babies at the same time. I'm excited and its nice to have another as we have just gotten married. X

Ricschick, congrats on getting married! I wish the both of you the best!:hugs: Marriage is so wonderful, especially when you all work hand and hand, and plus finish each other sentences, or at times know what the other is thinking!! It's nice that you have your kids close together in age!

KateyBlue,

:hi: I have been reading posts about the after effects of being off BCP. Some women mentioned that they have not had a period for 3 months. Others say thy have very long cycles. f you can I would go to the Dr. to see if there is anything wrong. I have been off BCP since July and I had 2 periods so far. If they stopped I would go see my GYN and my primary care physician. I hope everything will be ok with you. Keep me updated if you can. FX for you.

Hey everyone. After only one period just 3 weeks after stopping bcp at the end of May, I just today had a sighting of good ol' AF after absolutely nothing for almost 3 months. I am currently in the middle of my "Progesterone Challenge." Period is very very light, but it is definitely there. I have never been so excited, lol.

Has anyone else been prescribed progesterone to get things going? What happens next?

Good luck, y'all!!

I stopped Cerazette Aug 10th and still have had no AF or withdrawal bleed is this normal. TTC#2 and I'm CD 53 :(

I stopped Cerazette Aug 10th and still have had no AF or withdrawal bleed is this normal. TTC#2 and I'm CD 53 :(

I no it can take a while for your body to regulate but having no withdrawal I would have thought that to be a bit strange? have you taken a test? you may already be pregnant? xx

I've taken loads all negative, got a faint positive opk today!! Really wish I knew what was going on with my body???

I've taken loads all negative, got a faint positive opk today!! Really wish I knew what was going on with my body???

Me too, me too.... I just started using OPKs for the first time this cycle. For the past 5 days or so I've seen a line, but nothing like the control line. Probably about half as dark as the control. Does anyone know if that means it's coming still or soon? How much do they change up until you get the big positive? I just keep waiting for a temperature spike or dark line to appear. Going on CD17 today....

Hi Ladies!!

I am 12DPO and AF is due between Sept 26th-29th. I was experiencing some cramping on and off at 10DPO and 11DPO but I think it is symptoms that AF is on the way. I can not wait until my cycles regulate. My Dr. said that my cycles should regulate next month or at the most 6 months.

FX for everybody else to receive BFP's soon!:flower::hugs:

Hi Ladies!!

I am 12DPO and AF is due between Sept 26th-29th. I was experiencing some cramping on and off at 10DPO and 11DPO but I think it is symptoms that AF is on the way. I can not wait until my cycles regulate. My Dr. said that my cycles should regulate next month or at the most 6 months.

FX for everybody else to receive BFP's soon!:flower::hugs:

You're not out until af comes! I had those sort of cramps and got my bfp on weds!! Good luck !!

I'm now CD60 Still no BFP What the hell is going on with my body!!!

Tara, have you been to the Dr. yet?

AF arrived for me yesterday. I wonder how long will my luteal phase will be this time. 2 previous months was 10dpo, 12dpo, and this past cycle was 16dpo. Maybe it's a good thing. I don't know.:shrug: Only time will tell.

How is all the ladies doing so far?

AF arrived for me yesterday. I wonder how long will my luteal phase will be this time. 2 previous months was 10dpo, 12dpo, and this past cycle was 16dpo. Maybe it's a good thing. I don't know.:shrug: Only time will tell.

Yeah I went to the Dr Friday and she just said if nothing happens by 6 months come back for hormone tests!! But had slight bleed Friday evening Saturday and Sunday and stopped again, Kind of tempted to test but don't want to see another BFN!! Any advice? :test:

im on cd 39 since coming off the pill on aug 19th and yesterday morning I had a positive opk! then neg a few hours later and neg this morning so im guessing I caught the end of my surge so hopefully will be ov now!! fx so its been a long cycle!! and ive spotted twise too!!

Today is CD2 for me, didn't get AF last month but I think I most likely had an anovulatory cycle in August because AF never came & I missed September Ov because I was waiting for AF to arrive from August!. So its all about October now :D

Yeah I went to the Dr Friday and she just said if nothing happens by 6 months come back for hormone tests!! But had slight bleed Friday evening Saturday and Sunday and stopped again, Kind of tempted to test but don't want to see another BFN!! Any advice? :test:

It could be implantation bleeding. I have been reading a lot of different posts on here and some women have spotting since it is implantation and later on they test and it is positive. If nothing do not happen for me within a year, I will be talking to my Dr. about it. Do you chart, take temps? What cycle day are you on, or days past ovulation? Have you had any other symptoms? If it is almost time for AF to arrive, I would test, or you could test way past your AF date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->