Kay_Baby Christmas Journal

Kay_Baby

Reaction score
I have decided to do a bit of a Christmas journal as things will be a bit more interesting in the run up to Christmas this year.

Both my boys are a great age for the magic of Christmas this year at 6 and nearly 4. I'm looking forward to the excitement and trying to make it as magical possible. I've made a start on their Christmas presents but I am struggling a bit with the youngest. He feels like he in an inbetween types of toys age.

My OH has also said I can spend some serious money decorating the house for Christmas. I'm considering getting a second Christmas tree for the kitchen as we do spend a lot of time in there generally and on Christmas Day. What do you think? :xmas9:

So we bit the bullet and ordered a Christmas tree for the kitchen. It's going to be so much fun needing to buy a full set of decorations. I also bought a garland for the fireplace as I've been wanting one for years and never bought one.

It also means that I can put a tree up earlier that usual as our other tree is real so we don't put it up to early :happydance:

If had a big enough house I would totally have one in the kitchen or hallway.

I've spent some time today going through the predicted top toy lists looking for inspiration but everything on them seems so expensive this year and very similar to each other and last years.

I do love that all the retailers predict slightly different things, probably to reflect their ordered stock levels but I have pulled a couple of ideas.

I'm debating getting a fingerling for DS2. We got him some annoying digi penguin thing last year that flaps and whistles that he loves so I see it as a step up from that but are they just overpriced pieces of rubbish? I wouldn't want to risk doing any serious bargain hunting on getting one as there seems to be a lot of cheap China fakes around.

So I wandered into the entertainer today just to look and see if they have any fingerling and walked out with a cute little blue one for DS2.

I need to do a proper list of what I have a what I still need to get at some point.

My new tree and garland arrived today. I need to now start thinking about decorations for them. In fact I have no idea even how to do a garland so I need to do some googling.

I'm currently making advent calendars for both the boys and it's taking longer than I thought so I feel like I really need to get a move on. Time to spend the rest of the evening sewing.

Spent some time getting the advent calendars done and I'm now half way through DS1s, so hopefully I will be able to knock them both out by the end of the month and then I can concentrate on filling them.

I have a massive list of ideas but no idea where to find these things. What shops do you find you little bits and bobs in for either advent calendars you fill or stockings?

My DH surprised me by for the first time ever by making a Christmas present bargain decision without consulting me. He went to Tesco and came back with a paw patrol educational table for DS2. It wouldn't have been top of my list to get but he didn't pay a lot and he seems to be trying to get into my Christmas swing this year.

I just realised that I still haven't posted my list for the kids yet so...

Blue is bits I still need to buy

DS1 (6)

Lego mellinium falcon
Disney rummy tiles
Lift and load construction set
Lego storm trooper
Lego DS game
Mario DS game

Giant stocking
Lego R2D2
Pokemon encyclopaedia
Where's Wookiee book?
Disney DVD
Avengers sticker and colouring book
Character PJs
Pants
Socks

DS2 (3)

Playmobil castle
Big box of Lego bricks
Paw patrol educational table
Playmobil knights
Playmobil dragon
Playmobil catapult
Sword and shield

Giant stocking
Fingerling
Little box of Lego bricks
Disney DVD
Paw patrol busy book
2x story books
Peppy pig stickers
Paint sticks
Colouring book
Character PJs
Micky mouse jumper

Fab lists!

I made my girls stockings last year and it took me ages, but was worth it in the end. Fortunately I didn't make them too big so don't have to find too many things to put in them.

I usually just fill them with cheap things from pound shop or wilko. Dd1 loves suprise eggs and blind bags.

Fab lists!

I made my girls stockings last year and it took me ages, but was worth it in the end. Fortunately I didn't make them too big so don't have to find too many things to put in them.

I usually just fill them with cheap things from pound shop or wilko. Dd1 loves suprise eggs and blind bags.

I made both the boys stocking when they were babies. It took ages but so worth it. I just look the idea that I will still be filling them when they are 16.

Went to the garden centre today to buy bulbs and of course ended up looking at the Christmas decorations. Was very restrained and only bought some glittery acorns and pine cones to work into my garland but there was lots I liked.

I was also admiring the wrapping paper in matlan today. Definitely think I will get some adult paper from there this year.

Attachments

• IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 3
They're nice! I saw a really nice artificial holly spray in John Lewis for £7. But then I went on eBay and they had similar things for £3 haha so I think I will invest there instead

I've nearly finished DS1's advent calendar, only 3 squares to go so I will finish that this week. Started thinking about filing them and picked up some blind bags from the Sainsbury's sale this morning, a dc comics one, marvel comics one and a dino one each. Also bought a bag of chocolate santas.

Some of the people shopping in Sainsbury's this morning were a bit crazy. I bought my first present not for my kids, a Disney princess castle set for our friends youngest. I'm really nearly done for the kids I just find everyone else so difficult.

Updated list for the boys below:

Blue is bits I still need to buy

DS1 (6)

Lego mellinium falcon
Disney rummy tiles
Lift and load construction set
Lego storm trooper
Explosive experiments set
Spirograph
Monopoly junior
DS game

Giant stocking
Lego R2D2
Pokemon encyclopaedia
Where's Wookiee book
Disney DVD
Avengers sticker and colouring book
Throw and open pokeball
Nerf nitro car set
Character PJs
Pants
Socks

DS2 (3)

Playmobil castle
Big box of Lego bricks
Paw patrol educational table
Playmobil knights
Playmobil dragon
Playmobil catapult

Light saber
Plasticine set
Crayola spin art set
Switch and go dino

Giant stocking
Fingerling
Little box of Lego bricks
Disney DVD
Paw patrol busy book
2x story books
Peppy pig stickers
Paint sticks
Colouring book
Nerf nitro car set
Hulk mini plush
Character PJs
Micky mouse jumper

It’s been a quite a while since I updated this as thanks to work and a car accident I lost my Christmas mojo a bit but with the big day just a few short weeks away and Christmas becoming a generally acceptable subject everywhere now I seem to be getting it back.

My Christmas spending plans got put on hold a bit while I replaced my car but that’s all worked out now so i’m back to my Christmas plans. I have done some little bits but I do feel miles behind.

I finished DS1’s advent calendar and I’m half way through DS2’s. It’s not perfect but unless you look really closely you it’s not noticeable.

I need to set myself a list of jobs to complete each week now in order to stay on track. This weeks are:
Finish DS2’s advent calendar
Buy secret santa present
Write food shopping list for 23rd-27th
Buy some decorations for my new kitchen tree
Buy the clothing items for the kids stockings

Attachments

• 0B6E3C88-C983-4BD9-B814-69B6C1AC3F52.jpg
    0B6E3C88-C983-4BD9-B814-69B6C1AC3F52.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 3
I'm sorry you had a car accident. I hope youre OK :hugs:

Love the advent calendar! :)

Users who are viewing this thread