Kay_Baby Christmas Journal

I'm sorry you had a car accident. I hope youre OK :hugs:

Love the advent calendar! :)

I’m OK just a bit shocked as I’d never had an accident before.

Making good progress so far this week. Getting there with the advent calendar should be finished by the weekend. Ordered my secret santa present and the kids onesies. Going to get the pants and socks for the kids stockings tomorrow.

Bought some basic decorations for the new tree. Going with red, gold and green. Very different from my other decorations which are silver, purple and pink based. Also picked up a couple of beautiful decorations for around the house from John Lewis. Still need more as I haven’t bought a whole trees worth, yet :haha:

Did a load of amazon orders over the weekend and bought some Yankee candle gift sets, a mini drone, a couple of craft sets, more playmobil knights and some diving toys. Still a few people who I have no real plan for (including OH) but it’s progress.

Glad you're OK :)

The decorations sound great. I love the colours you've gone for :)

Yay for lots of Amazon buys, sounds good! :)

Went to the garden centre today to buy bulbs and of course ended up looking at the Christmas decorations. Was very restrained and only bought some glittery acorns and pine cones to work into my garland but there was lots I liked.

I was also admiring the wrapping paper in matlan today. Definitely think I will get some adult paper from there this year.

We have these on the corners of a paintings in the lounge at Christmas so pretty

:hi: stalking btw

Love your lists :thumbup:

Trying to decide whether to by DH a sonos playbase or not. They have as predicted gone on sale today but not as much as I was hoping for. Need to decide sooner rather than later. How annoying!

So I did buy the Playbase in the end. It will be a joint Christmas birthday present (birthday is just a few weeks after Christmas) though as it was way more than I’m supposed to spend. I do still need to get him a couple of little bits from the boys though and I’m not sure exactly what yet.

We bought our summer holiday today. We have been keeping an eye on the price for a while and it came right down today to nearly grand less than the highest price we had seen in the last few months we have been watching. It’s the first abroad holiday we are going on since we have had to go in school holidays so the price feels shocking no matter what.

On a more Christmassy note. I’ve done two squares of the advent calendar tonight and started the food shopping list. I will hopefully finish both tomorrow and go looking for a few more Christmas decorations.

I bet they will love the play base :)

Yay for a holiday abroad, sounds great!

The advert calendar sounds fab :)

Bought even more decorations for our second tree yesterday but did realise when I pulled them all out that we have about 100 decorations we need to thread and tie before they can be hanged. Might start DH on that as soon as possible.:haha:

Also bought this beautiful light up outdoor snowman. I’m not normally one for this sort of decoration but I just fell instantly in love. Tried him out and decided it look really great sat next to the plant pots in my front garden. As I have 3 sets of plant pots though I’m sending DH off to buy 2 more.

Been battling DS1’s school homework. Make a Christmas decoration. Great accept the homework was set on Friday and needs to ge back on Monday day so doesn’t give you a lot of time particularly if you have other things planned. Spent Friday night on Pinterest to see what was at both DS1 and my skill level and that I had the materials for. Saturday morning talking him in to the one I picked. Now sewing felt Christmas trees but of course DS2 decided that he had to make one as well so making very slow progress.

Will post pictures when I have more time tonight and have finished DS1 (my) homework.

The outdoor snowman sounds great :xmas8:

That is a short deadline to make a Christmas decoration!

I know the school does it all the time. Ever tried making an entire cat costume over the weekend for the school play:dohh:

Well I’m pretty happy with our homework. He did loads of it by himself.

Attachments

• 3FF03A74-EDB7-46FB-83E1-2590CA9CAE00.jpg
    3FF03A74-EDB7-46FB-83E1-2590CA9CAE00.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 2
All finished with DS2’s advent calendar.

I’m waiting on a lot of deliveries still including some advent calendar fillers. I’ve completed this weeks to do list but still have loads to do. I like to go into December with just cards and wrapping to do but Not this year. Starting to panic now.

Next weeks to do list:
Buy remaining presents (still about 10 to get)
Decorate garland
Full advent calendar

Attachments

• A2D6CA62-592F-4325-9DEF-79E3BD1075FB.jpg
    A2D6CA62-592F-4325-9DEF-79E3BD1075FB.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1
The advent calendar looks great! Hopefully your deliveries will arrive soon :)

Not has the most productive week so far but the boys loved their advent calendars

Attachments

• A156F0E0-1FC3-4804-AA69-DB5495ECF982.jpg
    A156F0E0-1FC3-4804-AA69-DB5495ECF982.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 5
I'm glad the boys enjoyed their advent calendars. They look great! :)

Going to have a busy afternoon today. We will be off into town to see santa and do a bit of present shopping. DS1 has asked to do paperchains so will try to find some. We are also going to get the tree up and do the lights ready to decorate with the kids tomorrow.

This afternoon wasn’t as productive as I would have liked but we saw santa. DS2 was really excited until we were just about to go in and they he got a bit nervous. He was a really good santa he had the right soft spoken tone, if you know what I mean.

Found the perfect tunic for my niece (she asked for clothes for Christmas) it has a sparkly unicorn on. As soon as my kids saw it they yelled lily, unfortunately they didn’t have it in her size. Need to try the bigger store in the town I work in on Monday or order it online. I also need to get her a bag or something to go with it as well. Not sure where to get a pre teen hand bag for I’m not that good with girls stuff as she the only girl out of 7 in that generation of the family.

Worked out what I’m going to buy my dad I just need to do a little bit more research and then pick a couple of smaller item from the kids as well.

Did buy myself a present though, a new Yankee Candle store has opened in town and I went into grab some wax tarts as I’m out of Christmas ones and they had 40% off so I ended up with 10 tarts and a large snow in love. Then on top of that as I spent over £20 you got a free good bag. Was really surprised to find it contained a wax tart melter, 3 wax tarts, 2 votives and a votive holder.

Been sat here watching DH wind lights around the kitchen tree so that it’s ready to decorate with the kids tomorrow. I insisted on a lot of lights for this tree and he has just gone up down and up again, it’s very twinkley :happydance:

We will get rest of the house decks out tomorrow and the ones for the front garden.

Sounds like a great day :) Hopefully you can manage to get the tunic in your niec's size.

That's good that the santa was a good one :)

The lights on the tree sound great, can never have too many lights!

First tree is up. It’s not prefect as the kids helped but it’s a start to decorations

Attachments

• 887855F6-ADA7-4876-86AA-1E8611FEDF79.jpg
    887855F6-ADA7-4876-86AA-1E8611FEDF79.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe