Kay_Baby Christmas Journal

They look fab! (Meant to quote your advent calendar post) 😂

Done all the rest of the decorations apart from the main tree now (we won’t get it until next weekend). Really pleased with my garland as I’ve never done one before and designing it from scratch was hard work. It needs a little bit more colour.

I’m going to post a string of pictures but I can’t work out how to do multiples.

Attachments

• 0F940540-22AF-4D31-89E8-A09D0C4D409F.jpg
    0F940540-22AF-4D31-89E8-A09D0C4D409F.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 2
General look of my fireplace. I would love to make and hang stockings but as it’s a real fire they would be a serious fire hazard

Attachments

• 233FF232-5839-48F2-9C5F-49332F1BF49D.jpg
    233FF232-5839-48F2-9C5F-49332F1BF49D.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 3
I think this is my favourite new decoration this year

There are paper chains on the callings as requested by DS1 and various small decks through out the house and the light up snowman in the front garden

Attachments

• 64A2202E-4DE2-400C-9B75-6E7312D6FA0E.jpg
    64A2202E-4DE2-400C-9B75-6E7312D6FA0E.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 3
To do list for this week:

Finish buying presents (5 to go)
Test stuff stockings
Wrap a couple of empty boxes for the tree that won’t have real presents under it
Make DS1s nativity costume
Wrap DH Christmas present (its massive and I’m worried he’s going to find it)
Write a list of Christmas cards to write
Plan the tasks that need to be done in the last few days running up to Christmas

That's gorgeous!

Sounds like a busy week :)

So I came home today to DS2 "writing" a letter to santa. When I asked him what was on it he wanted lego (got), a new teddy (got) and the magic game (huh?!?).

Having no idea what the magic game was I enquired further and no more details other than it was the one at nursery. I told him that santa might not know what it was unless he knew it's name and was promptly told "santa knows everything". Typical for once a child listens to what I say!

LOL at his response that santa knows everything :haha: Hopefully you manage to find out what the magic game is!

No I haven't but DS1 has requested something random as well and they know santa doesn't bring everything you ask for.

Online shopping in my gaps at panto rehearsal tonight trying to get as much done as possible. Sheet music on one hand, mobile in the other. I have only 2 gifts left with no definite idea what to get.

Got the kids stocking stuff out to sort and test stuff the stockings. It over flows nicely so remove some packaging and it should all fit in when wrapped.

I have however managed to end with a couple of extra presents for DS2 over DS1 so need to try and come up with another couple of small items but here is the stash. DS2 on the left and DS1 on the right.

Attachments

• 3707BA0C-F19C-41D3-B1E3-1C34401C1A35.jpg
    3707BA0C-F19C-41D3-B1E3-1C34401C1A35.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 8
I think I’m finally nearly there. I just need to get a couple of gift vouchers for my nephews and I’m done.

I’m waiting on a few deliveries from amazon, Claire’s accessories and Thorntons. Everything should be here by the end of the week though hopefully.

Written most of the cards. I refuse to write any more OH can do a few since I wrap everything but my presents. OH keeps pushing me to start wrapping and put some presents under the tree. I think he just wants to wrap my gifts and get them under the tree but I like to have everything first.

I have bought the couple of extra stocking presents for DS1 to even it up. Need to decided what bits we have bought for DS2 that we are going to hold until his birthday (deliberate over buy as his birthday is early February).

We have also booked the entertainer and venue for his birthday party. Promise of a big party for his final birthday with his nursery friends.

This weeks to do list:

Get gift vouchers
Order cheese
Wrap santa presents
Buy Christmas radio times and highlight programs
Wrap presents to go to my sisters next week

That's great you're nearly there now. It's a great feeling when everything starts coming together :)

Went manic on the wrapping this weekend. Wrapped all Friday evening, Sunday afternoon and Sunday evening. I did everything bar a few. I did take pictures but they are on my ipad and not my phone so i will upload at some point.

Took the kids on a Christmas trip to London on Saturday. They loved looking at all the lights and things. Saw the southbank Christmas market, house of parliament Christmas tree, trafalgar Square, covent garden, and of course oxford and regent street. We went into John lewis where they have a moz the monsters house. Scared the littlest a bit. We also went to the aquarium which they loved. They they saw the sharks being fed. Nothing is more exciting to small boys than watching big fish with big teeth eat smaller dead fish.

Done the first present drop today. Dropped some stuff with my mum for her to take to my sister's as I won't see her until boxing day. Also gave presents to our friends for their kids.

Just feels like the final mad rush now. Work is manic and will be right up to Friday. Kind of taking the shine off everything. Need to get my Christmas spirit back.

Well done on the wrapping. It must feel great being up to date with it now :)

Your Christmas trip sounds fab with all the fun things you all did there :)

Merry Christmas! I hope you and your family have a lovely day :)

Thank you very much.

Been a busy week so I haven’t been around much.

We went to the theater on Saturday to see the borrower. Kids loved and the Chinese we got afterwards as well.

Spent yesterday morning popping into see a few people only took DS2 with me as I went to my mums as she has 5 dogs there at the moment and DS1 is not a big fan of dogs. They are not all hers, 3 are, 1 is a foster dog and the last is one of my brothers new rescue puppy. My mum has it as they have gone north for a few days to visit his GF family but they are driving back down to my mums today.

While I was there as my other brother called (he’s been in America since early Dec) to tell my mum he had got back fine, he was at my sisters as she had picked him up from the airport (she only lives 30mins from the airport) but his car had broken down while he’d been gone. Hopefully the breakdown people got him moving or my sister will have had a surprise addition for Christmas.

My inlaws cam to dinner last night and we did raclette. It’s basically melting cheese on potatoes but we have a hot stone on ours as well to cook meat and stuff. Everyone loved it and the kids really enjoy it as they get to cook their own food.

The kids have opened their gaint stockings from santa this morning. DS2 came into our room and told us that he must have been a really good boy and it didn’t all fit in his stocking. Very cute. Not so cute though when as just gone 4am when he told me santa had been and I just told him it was too early and to go back to bed. Which he actually did until gone 7! I was only trying to buy myself another 30 mins or so.

There was a couple of funny reactions. DS1 looked really upset when DS2 opened a nerf nitro as he really wanted one. He just hadn’t got as far as his yet.

DS2 loved his fingerling I had no idea he even knew what one was but aprently he’d seen it on tv after he wrote to santa so never said anything about wanting it.

DS2 also had a really funny reaction to a soft hulk toy. He had asked for a teddy and suddenly declared after opening it that wasn’t right but he hasn’t left it behind ever since.

Started cooking lunch. We do main presents after lunch but here is a picture of it all under the tree.

Attachments

• 857158DF-59F1-43DE-A2F1-1DEA6483C8DC.jpg
    857158DF-59F1-43DE-A2F1-1DEA6483C8DC.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
It sounds like you have had such a fun time lately doing activities and seeing family. Seeing the borrowers at the theatre sounded fun :)

I hope you all have a lovely day and enjoy Christmas dinner.

Lovely photo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->