kids and glasses

amylw1

my 3 boys in avatar. x
Reaction score
hi,

my 3yr old has got to wear glasses all the time. does anyone have expirience of this?

how do i get him to keep them on? he keeps taking them off.

my 2 eldest have worn glasses from the age of 3 tbh they took them off and hid them all the time i used to find them in the toy box...wash basket..in the loo you name it they hid them there theyre 11 and 10 now and not much better...everytime they took them off i just used to put them back on again ...you can actually buy little headbands for boys and girls that attach to the glasses and stop them taking them off as easy they kind of attach to the arms and go around the back of the head
hth xx

rosie wore glasses for 13 yrs now and only this year has been able to wear them for just reading and tv.
the trick is to not make an issue with them in trying to explain the whys and wot not of wearing them as at 2-3 yrs old they can feel quite heavy on there faces and because they dont read and write they dont appreciate the difference they make to life so they learn to get attention for taking them off they very clever at this age as to what makes you tick lol.

it is literally a case of getting used to them rosies had elastic on hers but to be honest it made them too tight i was constantly taking hers back because she bent them lol are they irritating him at all might be a case of taking them back as if they ae slipping they might be getting on his nerves and just feel better taking them off.
give them a few weeks and he'll soon not notice they are on

here's rosie with her god knows how many bent pairs she had lol. they were always covered in grease aswell lol.

https://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq307/rosiehelen32/6yr.jpg

my 2 eldest have worn glasses from the age of 3 tbh they took them off and hid them all the time i used to find them in the toy box...wash basket..in the loo you name it they hid them

that sounds just like me when i was younger!! i had a serious squint in one eye when i was really young, i was operated on to fix it and i had to wear glasses during the day & an eye patch at night, but i completely refused to wear the glasses, i dont remember any of it but according to my mum i even went as far as burrying them up the back garden under the trees, i tried everything in my power not to wear them and my poor mum was at the end of her tether! when i got a bit older rather than hiding them i used to break them (terrible i know, i was a brat) i remember in primary4 i was called a geek for wearing glasses and that was the end of it for me. i didnt wear them at school again until i went to secondary school, silly little comments like that can affect children alot more than we expect! i used to run about at school with an eye patch on instead of wearing the glasses! you'd think if i was gonna refuse one of them it would've been the patch!! only recently ive been able to stop wearing them all the time & just wear them for reading etc!

anyway to cut a long story short what im trying to say is try everything in your power to keep them on! i really really regret not wearing them when i was younger!

i seem to spend all day cleaning the LOL! we have been back to shop twice so far and i have to go again when i go to town, 1st was cos they slipped off, 2nd the lense fell out and now hes lost the rubber bit that goes on side of nose.

luckly we got 2 pairs when we got them. he has got much better and he puts them on when he gets p etc and keeps them on for most of day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->