Kissing children on the lips

I dont see a problem with it I kiss my LO on the lips, so do my close family and LO gives my friends a kiss goodbye when we leave. My friends kids will give me a kiss sometimes and it doent bother me. I'd be more worried about the fact that my LO and her best friend whos a boy and ten days older than her run to eachother when ever we meet give eachother a massive hug and kiss and say 'I missed you' then walk along either holding hands or my friends LO puts his arm around my LO it's super cute

Super cute ^

I kiss my babies constantly, lips, cheeks, head, I think they probably get sick of it tbh lol I'm not from a very kissy family so I might just be making up for it. I did read once that the psychology of kissing is linked to adults giving their babies food (like birds do)and is more about comfort than anything else.

We don't but neither of us grew up with it either............ and I'm the one who gets cold sores here *sigh*

I kiss the crap out of DD's little cherub lips. Judging by the big, open mouth smile it elicits, she likes it.

Never even thought not to kiss my children on the lips lol

I've never thought anything of it either. I don't always kiss them on the lips but I do sometimes. My youngest always says 'Kiss' then pouts his lips so there's no way I could resist then :lol:

My little girl refuses to let me kiss her anywhere but the lips haha. I tried offering my cheek and she grabbed my face and turned my lips towards her for a big kiss. My OH has a little girl 4 months older, and I kiss her on the lips too. Its cute watching them together, my LO is was taller, she she kinda stoops to the side to make sure she gets isobel on the lips when she kisses her haha

Personally i don't like it so don't do it. Although if i did id want it to be limited to just us as parents I've had to tell my in laws a couple of times not to.

I tend to kiss my LO on the cheeks. But I don't think there's anything wrong with kissing on the lips. (As long as the child doesn't mind) LO will occasionally grab my face between his hands, and give me a big kiss on the lips. Complete with "mwa!" sound effect. I think it's cute.

We always kiss LO on the lips. Don't see a problem with it at all :)

We kiss on the lips as well as cheeks etc. No one else kisses them on their lips though

We kiss (little peck) Emily on the lips, don't see the problem with it, I kiss my niece & nephew on their cheeks though, think lips are just for parents.

I kiss my girls (1 & 4) on the lips but my oldest thinks he's to old & cool for kisses from me now (he's 9) lol although he does let me kiss him good night but only on the head & he "throws it off" after :haha:. I really don't like it if other people try to kiss my kids on the lips though & I feel uncomfortable when children that aren't mine ask for kisses on the lips & normally just give them a kiss on the head instead xx

My children, yes. But no one else does and I wouldn't to anyone else.

I kiss my kids on the lips. I see nothing wrong with it. Someone must be sick to think otherwise. I will not have people dictate to me what i can and cant do with my kids.

We do. Honestly, it was only after joining this forum and seeing threads that it occurred to me others don't. To each their own an all that.

It has honestly never ever crossed my mind not to kiss my lo on the lips!!

I haven't got my own children but it would never have occurred to me not to!

My mum always kissed me and my brothers on the lips (as well and cheeks and forehead as well)

Most people I know kiss goodbye as well, my friend has a little boy and she always gives me him to have a kiss and a cuddle with before I leave, not on the lips though! xxx

Hahah whoops, I kiss my daughter on the lips all the time, big smushy slodgy kisses too :blush: She kisses me back the same way, and I'm sure she has probably kissed her teacher at play group? No one else though, she isn't that comfortable with anyone outside of the family. I'd never kiss another child on the lips though, unless of course they were close family too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->