Kissing children on the lips

I don't and never will, probably because my parents never kissed me on the lips and I remember feeling really uncomfortable as a child (and actually still now as an adult) when other adults tried to or did. my DH and his family are the same so luckily I don't have anyone trying to kiss my LO on the lips, phew! my LO gets lots of kisses and cuddles, just not on the lips.

I get cold sores as well so there's that too :) I will be honest and say that the thought of kissing on the lips makes me cringe, not that I think anyone is 'wrong' for doing it or cringe at other people kissing their children on the lips, I just mean for me personally. I'm not sure whether it's from a germ point of view or just remembering my own discomfort as a child. I'm a really affectionate person as well so I obviously have some kind of issue from childhood about this :lol:

I kiss my LO on the lips. I also kiss my OHs two daughters on the lips. My LO kisses me and OH nanny and pappy and the two girls on the lips I see no problem with it what so ever. Its not sexual. It just shows love and affection

I kiss dd everywhere, including on the lips :) and if she kisses me or DH it's always on the lips. Some close family do too, and some choose not to. Whatever everyone is comfortable with.
My little sister used to kiss us all on the lips, can't remember when she stopped, maybe age 7ish.

We kiss ours on the lips.

I've also been known to kiss Olivia or blow raspberries on her bum - its just so cute and chubby and squashy! :) Only after a bath though :haha:

We kiss DD on her lips when we say bye, sometimes she'll have a dummy in so that gets kissed instead. All of mine and OH's family kiss the kids on the lips. She refuses to kiss at times and that's accepted by us all. She likes her head being kissed more than her lips though.

I kiss dd on the lips all the time. Oh also does but not that often because he has facial hair so tends to kiss her on the cheeks. It wouldn't occur to me not to really. But saying that I would be uncomfortable about anyone else doing that even grandparents.

I kiss my 3 year old on the lips and I USED to kids my 10 year old on the lips - however we both find it odd and awkward now so I'll occasionally kiss her on the head. My 3 year old will also grow out of kissing.

My mum and nan like to kiss me on the lips but I actually HATE it - it makes me feel so awkward and just not good feelings at all.

But this is just me and how my childhood has made me grow up. I still think it's normal and I have no problem with parents that do it at all.

I dont kiss my 10yr old son on the lips. Not because its wrong but he is like mummmmm lol so we kiss on head but he still runs off LOL though id never say "dont" to him. It just happened with age. My middle DD has never been one of kisses lol I kiss her cheek. Jade I dont think about where and kiss her wherever! X

I do- I don't think twice about it. Maybe that will change as she get's bigger- I used to kiss my SD on the lips when she was younger, I can't recall exactly when it changed- but now, we normally do the side kiss (just off to the side of the lips). Although sometimes just a quick smooth on the lips- I think it just depends on the relationship- I kiss my bestie's daughter on the lips (she's 4) and visa versa with her and my daughter... she still kisses her son on the lips, but I just give him hugs (he's 12). I kiss my Dad still (side kiss)- but not my brother. LOL. I just think both parties need to be comfy with it. ;) I was brought up in a loving affectionate home- especially my mom. My Dad wasn't AS affectionate, but he got a little better over the years.

We do, ds hates kissing anywhere other than lips so since we only kiss close relatives and friends I'm fine with that. In laws don't like it so they try cheek kissing, my parents kiss him on the lips just as they did me as a child.
He also kisses my best friend the same and I do her ds too.
I probably wouldn't kiss any other kids on the lips though.
Xx

I asked df about this and he said he wouldn't. He wasn't brought up with hugging and kissing. I grew up having a kiss goodnight from my mum but that was the only time. I don't think I'd kiss Lucy on the lips I usually kiss her head when I give her a hug instead.

I don't see why anyone wouldn't unless they had a cold sore they didn't want their child to catch :/

I kiss my children on the lips. I think I used to kiss my Mam and Dad until I started secondary school when I got weirded by it lol xx

I kiss Ollie on the lips - it didn't occur to me not to! He finds it hilarious if you go to kiss him on the lips and tell him "I stole one!" - he goes in to fits of giggles haha.

My OH, MIL and my own mum also kiss him on the lips as do his Aunts and Uncle on my OHs side. My nephew always gives me a kiss on the lips when he says bye. I didn't think it was weird?!

im 21 years old and still to this day do i kiss my parents and sister on the lips, it was only a few year back i stopped kissing my best friend on the lips every day, and that was only because we had left 6th form (school) no problem i dont think

I kiss my cat on the lips.

That will definitely stop once I'm pregnant/a mother!

Of course i kiss my babies on the lips! I love them...and physically showing them i love them is by me hugging..kissing...and holding them! Totally normal in my world! Never will stop!
I still kiss my mom and grandma on the lips...this is all just pecks mind you!:rofl:

Yep! We kiss our DD on the lips, cheeks, head etc - again, never really thought never not to! It feels natural to us. Of course if anyone is ill/cold sore etc we hug/kiss cheeks only.

My DD knows not to kiss other people than our immediate family (Nan/grandad Aunties etc)

As an adult though I do not kiss any other adult including my parents :)

Not quite sure when that 'switch' will take place! :kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->