KIT days while on 100% pay maternity leave

Pearls18

Reaction score
My manager has asked me to go into work next Friday afternoon for a few hours, I don't mind (will be quite nice actually I left really early lol) but it is going to be at quite the expense for me because I will have to pay to commute there and try and get childcare for DS. I am still in the "full pay" aspect of my mat leave, will I get paid for the extra hours or will I basically be doing it at my own expense?

Hello,

I think it will be at your own expense :(

I think you only get paid if either non earning or the kit days in one week means your pay is higher than smp ie you do 2 days kit and earn £100 per day you will get £200.

I don't know if it's the law, or just my work policy, but I think I can stop my maternity leave, do kit days, restart maternity leave. So basically work a day then get it added on to the end of mat leave. That's what I understand from the policy but I haven't actually tested it!

Thanks ladies, I had a surprisingly quick response from payroll and they say I will get it paid on top of my mat pay "so long as the right paper work is filled"....so we'll see....! Not sure if that's just my work place I couldn't find any national guidelines. Thankfully I think I only need a childminder for a couple hours and the journey is off peak so won't be too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->