"knocking on buddies door"

Hey bea and my lovely ladies! I’m good, stealing a moment to catch up, I feel like its been a while! And I’m jealous you guys are meeting up! But have a good time. I might try to get out the house today with bubs and go shopping, or wait till his dad comes home and then go shopping:). He needs some warmer clothes, its getting a bit chilly and my mom says I don’t dress him warm enough. Its hard to tell exactly how many layers to put him in. And my hubby thinks he doesn’t need that much clothes on at one time, but we don’t need a sick baby. How do you guys judge what to put on in terms of keeping them warm?

Claire- have a great time!...was this a pleasure trip or business?

Sj- It took my milk awhile to come in to. Now its like a river runs through it. Lol. Did you have any problems with latching? He’s good about it 2 out of 3 times, and gets frustrated when its taking to long which sucks because now he wiggles and kicks which only makes it harder. I’m like calm down, and he’s like hell no, lol.

Lyns- The lactation folks at the hospital gave me a handout that says it can stay up to 5 days, just keep it towards the back of the fridge. 12 hours seems kind of short, not sure?? Some conflicting info out there. Right now we cycle through it fairly quickly anyway, well at least within a day or two and it doesn’t seem to bother him. Sometimes it seems being directly at my breast bothers him, I’m thinking it may be when I eat spicy things, like jalapeno flavored potato chips.

hey amanda :)

i was told that breast milk after 12 hours is really bad for the there stomach. forumla milk on the other hand can stay in there for days as its got chemicals in it that protects it from germs etc! :shrug: my health advisor told me its better for just a day as its fresh...but told me 3 days is the max as bacteria forms... so 24 hours was her advise :thumbup: each to there own i think....i personally will only put it in there for 24 hours as i found my little one was being really sick when the mlk was left longer. maybe he has a light stomach cant handle it any longer than 24 hours :)

just read this heres the link https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/breastfeeding/pumpingexpressing/storingbreastmilkexpert/

Storing breastmilk

What's the best way to store breastmilk? How long will it stay fresh?
The BabyCentre Editorial Team answers:
store breastmilk safely, choose containers that are sterilised and airtight. There are a number of breastmilk freezer bags that you can buy to store your milk in but you may find that they are prone to leaks, tears, and punctures and may not be airtight. However, Pam Lacey, Lactation Consultant and Chair of the Association of Breastfeeding Mothers, adds: "Choose freezer bags that are thick, or have a nylon outer, and you should be OK. Alternatively, you could double-bag it." Glass or hard plastic is preferable for storing milk for long periods of time.

You may have discovered many different guidelines on how long and where you can store expressed breastmilk (EBM). The UK Association of Milk Banking explains that this is because different groups have focused on a particular aspect of milk storage which has been presented in the research, rather than any of the guidelines being incorrect. Some guidelines are targeted at milk stored in sterile conditions in milk banks; others are relevant if you have a very premature baby. The following research-based guidelines come from the Association of Breastfeeding Mothers (ABM), and are suitable for a mother storing milk at home for a healthy, term baby.

You can store milk:

• At room temperature - not warmer than 77 degrees F/25 degrees C - for up to four hours

• In a coldbox with refreezable ice packs for up to 24 hours

• In a refrigerator with a temperature of 39 degrees F/4 degrees C or colder for three to five days

• In an older model single-door refrigerator with freezer compartment inside for two weeks.

You can store milk in a freezer for various lengths of time depending on the kind you have. Always keep the milk in the back of the freezer away from the door, because items stored towards the front are more susceptible to changing temperatures when you open the freezer.

You can store milk:

• In a fridge freezer with a separate door for each, for three months

• In a freezer with a temperature of -20°C, that doesn't have a defrost cycle, for up to six months.

In addition to these guidelines from ABM, it's useful to know that:

• You may combine milk you collected that day with frozen milk as long as it's chilled for at least an hour first, and the amount that you are freezing is less than half of the frozen amount. Fresh milk retains more of its protective properties than frozen milk, so whenever possible, use refrigerated rather than frozen milk for feeding your baby. But note that frozen breastmilk still has more health benefits than formula milk.

• If you are going to freeze breastmilk, do so within 24 hours

• Milk that has been moved into the refrigerator from the freezer can be stored there for up to 24 hours

Remember, when you are expressing, to wash your hands and keep breast pump parts thoroughly washed, rinsed and sterilised in order to prevent any bacteria from developing in the milk.

hope thats helpfull :)

my little one hasnt stopped,he just doesnt want to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep..just wants to lay there and play on his mat or eat..im so tired :sleep::sleep: the minute i think ohh good let me sleep he wakes :dohh: then when i do get the chance i just lay there cos im over tired :shrug: the joys eh? oh how much fun it is to have no sleep lol x

Hey Lynz Sorry for flying visit i was just wondering if the lack of sammy is because she cant find this thread as i can never find it either i have to go in to my settings and find where i have written comments, just a thought got to fly Honors crying xxxx

hey bea you know where it says user cp at top left hand side. click that and it will show all your unread posts/threads ;)

as for sammy it shows that she hasnt been on line since august ;(

hope she and little one is doing ok, im actually worried as last she wrote she was going through alot!!

fingers crossed she ok eh?? xxx

how you feeling anywayz hun?? you been up too much?? xx

mand- you doing ok hun??

sarahh- let me know when you'll be down these sides cx

Thanks for the breastmilk info, I actually looked it up at like 4 in the morning last night instead of sleeping, and now i'm tired! lol. Malcolm is starting to stay up more and give a hard time about sleeping to, even when clearly tired! lol. He's cute though so he can get away with it. I do need to nap though, i'm feeling it bad right now!...and instead i'm on bnb, lol.

And guess what, I think I have a hemrroid! uggh! theres some blood while pooping. I"m going to see if it resolves with lots of fluids and keeping my feet up and using the wipes and see. It kinda came out of no where to, but apparently its a common thing with a pregnancy. Do you guys have any experience with this?

ellooo you sexy mothers :)

mand im still here why you missing me lol boy oh boy does my house never seem to stay tidy!! its like i clean it turn round and caspa the ghost has put it back to messy lol seriouly i hate having a messy house but its just impossible to keep it tidy :)

sooooooooo whats going on with this diet eh? you been peeking at the food and could resist eh..naughty naughty girl lol

i havent even thought bout gym/training etc as i feel breast feeding is helping me loser weight and as hubby likes a bit of meat im not really bovered as my curves are all in the right place just alot more there lol saying that tho i would like to start going swimming again not just for exercise but to relax and chill out :)

i eat alot of chicken/rice/salades/fruits and takin vitamis so im hoping that always helps to keep me healthy regardless if im chubby or not lol

bea - how you getting on hun? you thinking bout going gym/swimming etc? that might help you feel alittle upbeat towards things? what you been doing with your self anywayz? been going out with honor.....parks for walks yet? i went out yesterday and my lord did i bring the house with me, i think walking round carring him(baby carrier) as well as bags that im traning anywayz lol

my little nugget weighs 11lb 02oz on tuesday so he seems to be doing well getting chubby haha :)

hope all babies are doing well xxx

ok back to cleaning catch you girls later xxx

:thumbup:

https://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af256/bkmanda/th_DSC03182.jpg
https://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af256/bkmanda/th_DSC03286.jpg

Have a fab saturday ladies!

awwwwwwww amanda what a little cutie love his little curly head:)

where did you get "nuts bout grandma top? my mum and mother in law would love that hehe :)

bout time we got to see some pics from your little man :happydance:xx

i miss you all too! Just a thought, do any of you have skype? I've got a horrible cold coming on by the way, it's going to be a stonker because my throat is killing me x x

:thumbup:

https://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af256/bkmanda/th_DSC03182.jpg
https://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af256/bkmanda/th_DSC03286.jpg

Have a fab saturday ladies!
Beautiful :) Just beautiful x x

ello hun i have skype :) and i have appstar on iphone if you have it? its free just like skype :)

bibby-d is me xx

i don't have an i phone, barely know how to use skype if i'm honest but thought we could all arrange a time to chat! Can you conference call on skype so we could all chat at the same time? We could show off our little ones! Xx

yeah i think so hun never done it but you can add 3-4 on text :) whats you name ill add you x

it was fantastic i really needed the break :dohh: the weather was lovely so we came back with lovely tans:happydance:
so its back to baby making and im going to try folic acid to see if that helps!!
how are you getting on and hows your little man doing??

folic acid is wicked ive been taking that almost two years none stop as doc said it helps my body as well as best for baby.... just gives everything that extra help definitely would recomend taking it hun :)

my little boy is a right little fatty now lol he looks small but the minute you hold him hes bigger lol his a little boy now as his little newborn baby features have changed so much... his starting to grab clothes hair etc smile and chuckle which is just toooo cute, his developed a new crying scream which at 3 in the morning isnt great lol

but overall im loving it, seeing him grow is the best feelin ever :)

so what sort of thing u do on holiday?? other than get sun :0p we had LOOOOOADZ of rain so u didnt miss much here. can we see some pics of u and the family :)

glad to have u back xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->