Know it all friends!

Clartylou

Mummy to Samuel, Pgt no#2
Reaction score
I originally took what my friend with two boys had to say about my pregnany and upcoming labour with great enthusiasium (sp?), but now she is beginning to get on my nerves.

She is comparing my whole pregnancy with hers and is now talking to me about her labours and saying I will probably have a long labour as she did with her first etc. I don't seem to be able to say to her yeah thanks for that, but everyone is different. Why is it that some people have to have their say about your pregnancy?

Cx

That's annoying... Some people are just know it alls! I have some people I work with who are like this and no matter what you tell them they've done it before and better.

I know what you mean. Its my relatives that seem to think everyhting will be the same for me as it was for them. God forbid it might be easier or quicker for me than the horrible labours they all seem to have had. I just wish they would keep their opinions to themselves, or at least discuss it while im not there because its scary enough as it is without all their stories.

I know and it's always the traumatic births you hear more of! I admit I didn't have a easy birth first time round but second time round it was fab!!!! Like you say all births are different, so just ignore her hun. Both my births weren't long ones so you can never say first births are long. Good luck hun! x

I've been lucky, I'm the first of my group of friends to have a baby!! My sister has 2 children but each birth was totally different, My nephew was 1 week early and "good" birth whereas my niece was 2 weeks over, back to back and labour was not progressing so had to have an emergancy C sec due to decreasing heartrate and she came out with the cord tangled around her. My nephew is is such a laid back angel whereas my niece is a right stubborn trouble maker :muaha: She is very supportive and has let me know what happened with each so it has prepared me further. Its just a shame your friends are like this. Don't be afraid to speak out and tell her she is not helping.

I have a friend like that. She is a royal pain in the a*se. She just qualified as a nurse too,and was round my house once a week while i was pregnant with Bodhi. Saying stuff like,her pregnancy was like this and it could be this as she felt like this blah blah blah. I know she has had two kids,but ive had 3 kids and four pregnancies for crying out loud. I havent had her round my house since Bodhi was born sleeping,as she would prob say oooohhhh not sure you should have another baby as it could happen again. She would give me worst case senario if she was here,and i would end up a total mess. Not interested in what she has to say thankyou very much.....I sound like such a biatch:rofl:

its my hubbys sister and boyfriend who think they know everything.
As we have had so many ups and downs with this baby, and after finding out we are at risk of having a downs baby, the amnio thats offered and if the result was postive what our options are next..
We explained it to hubbys parents, who then told his sister & boyfriend... who then bascially said thats cant be true as in there pregnancy book it doesnt say anything like that...
It just makes my blood boil - the pair of them think they know everything

Ooooooo they get everywhere these friends!!

I have one in particular who tried for years to get preg and sucedded 1st time with IVF...she became very "precious" throughout her pregnancy to the point we were all so frustrated as she had a lovely pregnancy no ms nothing at all until 31 weeks when she ahd a slight bleed and they discovered she had placenta previa and was admitted until she was 39 weeks and had a planned section. I know they went through alot to get pregnant and I was so pleased when it worked 1st time (something she takes forgranted) as another friend who lives in England tried on 4 occassions but was unable to concieve and in the end couldnt afford to continue.
Anyways I had a chemical pregnancy which was quite public and have had bad ms to the point of almost being admitted to hospital, UTI after UTI causing sickness, carpel tunnel, gestational diabetes, aneamia...not gonna go on but every time I saw her she asked how I was and I would say I am good but now I have Blah....and her reply was always at least you dont have placenta previa! I mean WTF???? I know I dont and I am very grateful but dont ask how I am then sling that at me!!
Even on my leaving day when I got a gift from work she whinged infront of everyone I never got that I never got this....she did she was just in hospital so we had a few of us give it to her.
I was talking about how I was nesting and she pipes up I was denied of that because of being in hospital. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I have came to the point now where she texts everyday sometimes twice to ask how I am and I just cant bere to reply as I am sore and grumpy and know what will come back.

Gosh I have gone on a rant there:blush:

Sorry!

Ignore her....you will have our own birth and have had your own pregnancy experience as after all noone has the same feelings as you! We can have similar but not the same.

:hugs:

Emma.xx

Yep, My cousin, shes said "you will have a long labour" "you'll be in agony" "dont take pethidine if its offered" "I had an easy birth, you wont"
She annoys me :grr:

Hun my friend at work today told me her first labour was 20 mins lol!! dont listen to others, every single labour is different!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->