Labor Watch Thread

Congrats tink!

Good luck cinnamum!!

I had another day of semi-regular contractions... but today they stuck around even asI was winding down on the couch. We just finished up bedtime with LO#1, so sitting down again and we'll see if they continue. I have my 40 week appointment tomorrow and I think I will probably have them do a sweep, so here's hoping!!

Congrats tink!

Good luck cinnamum!!

I had another day of semi-regular contractions... but today they stuck around even asI was winding down on the couch. We just finished up bedtime with LO#1, so sitting down again and we'll see if they continue. I have my 40 week appointment tomorrow and I think I will probably have them do a sweep, so here's hoping!!

We're all getting so close to our finish lines now! I think a more relaxed and positive vibe is what I needed to loosen up. I was soooo tense from all the stress of it! I've been a devil woman! I'm very lucky to have such an understanding husband xx thank you for all the support ladies! Xx

Those sound like great pre-labour symptoms xx

Just been sick, violently sick! I've hardly slept all night, I've never peed so much in one night ever, but all I want to do is sip water. My mouth keeps drying out where my nose is blocked after I fall asleep yet it's runny. Stomach cramps are going through my back now, but they're in small waves not like contractions. I have a lot of gas passing out both ends. Wtf is going on? 😢💔 I want just an hours sleep!!!

Single digits for me - 9 days to go!

At my mw appoint yesterday she has put me down as 3/5 engaged rather than 4/5 2 weeks earlier by another mw (due to hols) It could be just another person's perspective but she said to get on all fours and get the baby 'right down' so that's what I did yesterday. I went from room to room on all fours for as long as I could!

I'm feeling really sharp stabbing pains down below today and he does feel real low so i'll have another go later. Was planning on having a lovely chilled day watching a movie perhaps but the school has rang and i'm here with ds now. He wants to go back to school - Typical! I can't send him back, that looks like silly.

Oh well!

Just had my sweep as contractions stopped after three hours! 😔 Now 2cm dilated, I'm slowly getting there! I'm not sure this baby will be a September baby now though xx

My MW said yesterday they offer a sweep a week overdue and although right now I want no intervention by then who knows how I will feel. I'll be getting anxious about being induced so may just have one, what's a sweep like??

It's uncomfortable pressure really deep inside you, they place their fingers into the opening of the cervix and gently scoop behind and pull it forward over and over until they think you can't stand it. I'm slightly sore from this one as I can't be induced because of the two previous sections so my midwife did an extra long one and I breathed through it. I had to hold onto the bed frame so I didn't go up the bed. That's how hard it was done. Yours won't be as rough though I'm sure xx

Now I'm spotting, which is a good sign as it's probably going to be a successful one. This was a make or break moment for me! If this doesn't work I have to have another one done at 40+7 and then I have just 72 hours to go into labour before they're going to preform a section, which could mean this will have to be our last baby together. I'm terrified of that! I'm not done yet, and neither is my husband. We've always said SIX, always known that six may not be a possibility, but to get this far knowing I can birth naturally is heartbreaking 💔

Sounds uncomfortable but then again so's labour and I've done that so a sweep can't be that bad!

I will see what happens nearer the time, you just never know what you will feel like until faced there and then!

No it's not as bad as labour, possibly like a strong BH if baby doesn't like it!

Update: lost a lot of plug! And a bit of show! Getting crampy pressure through my butt. also very hungry again and very sleepy too. I kept my lunch down so I was definitely sick because of labour. What a waste of lovely Chinese food. Oh well. At least I got to taste it 😉

Just lost another great string of plug and have one very tight tender bump. Very very mild back ache, just left hubby to feed the kids and get the bathed and ready for bed. He's gonna have his bath and let me nap, then come get me for my bath. More clary sage oil in the bath and a foot rub with the clary sage plus a clary sage back rub and lavender talc (in case I go into labour as I will need my tens machine on me) castor oil for my bump rub too. Baby has turned from back to back position also now, so we're all good to go!
COME ON BABY!

I dont get why it matters how engaged baby is.. My babe has been fully engaged for well over a month, so clearly it doesnt help bring on labour.. And babe doesnt have to be engaged at all for labour to begin? Lol does it make labour shorter or something if they are previously engaged?

Only about ten hours left in september and i have nothing going on, so it looks likely that ill get my october babe after all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->