Labor Watch Thread

I dont get why it matters how engaged baby is.. My babe has been fully engaged for well over a month, so clearly it doesnt help bring on labour.. And babe doesnt have to be engaged at all for labour to begin? Lol does it make labour shorter or something if they are previously engaged?

Only about ten hours left in september and i have nothing going on, so it looks likely that ill get my october babe after all!

It's because when a baby's head is engaged it adds pressure to the cervix and speeds things up. This is why contractions intensify once your waters go!
Of course you can go into labour without being engaged (I did with ds2) it's just a lot slower and not recommended for the baby because of stress in utero. If a baby is too high, they can't break your waters as this could cause cord prolapse from the flow of water, unless they Angel you on the bed appropriately for where they believe the umbilical cord is.
The list of reasons goes on and on.
As long as the baby's head is down and above the pubic done once labour starts to progress you'll be fine. Xx

Seriously considering making tomorrow my last day of work. I'm so done.

Oh cinnamum I have all crossed for you that labour kicks in tonight and the sweep was successful.
Lying in my clary sage oil bath with not much else after my sweep but they did say it can take 48hrs if it is to work, 50/50 so time will tell.
Nmp definitely do if you can, only a week and you can catch up on some well earned rest before the hard work.
Hopefully tomorrow will bring some good news to us all x

Officially told my boss I won't be back after tomorrow until
November 17th. So excited! I have things to tie up tomorrow so I'm sure the day will speed past.

I'm taking a couple days unpaid but it won't hurt us financially. I'm just workaholic.

My sweep was more than 24 hours ago. It's officially failed. Boo. I'm just counting on induction day at this point.

I'll have 5 days off before going to the hospital. ;-)

Sorry for the long post. I'm actually excited for the first time in a while.

I'm now a week overdue and have a sweep tomorrow! Wish me luck :)

I keep getting tightenings in my belly below my belly button, i can feel babe moving in there too, but every time my belly tightens, it send this like lightening shock into my vagina and bum.. What is this is it normal

I had a sweep today... and there has been spotting but not much else.

MW thought my waters might be leaking, so she sent me to hospital for amnisure test, which came back positive but they can also come back positive if there is blood.. and there was, so they sent me home to see if I had an significant leaking. No leaking, just spotting and my normal discharge, which I was pretty sure of to begin with. But now I have another NST and ultrasound scheduled for saturday. :( (I had an NST today too since they just do them automatically in the hospital I guess)

Saturday is also my last day to be able to deliver at the natural birth center. After that, I have to go to the hospital. If nothing before next wednesday, Thursday will be induction. Really hoping it doesn't come to that.

I keep getting tightenings in my belly below my belly button, i can feel babe moving in there too, but every time my belly tightens, it send this like lightening shock into my vagina and bum.. What is this is it normal

This is completely normal after a sweep and should have been disclosed to you beforehand. It's not labour, it's just where your uterus was aggravated from the procedure. This is good as it heightens your chances of success, and should evolve into contractions soon xx fingers crossed xx

I had a sweep today... and there has been spotting but not much else.

MW thought my waters might be leaking, so she sent me to hospital for amnisure test, which came back positive but they can also come back positive if there is blood.. and there was, so they sent me home to see if I had an significant leaking. No leaking, just spotting and my normal discharge, which I was pretty sure of to begin with. But now I have another NST and ultrasound scheduled for saturday. :( (I had an NST today too since they just do them automatically in the hospital I guess)

Saturday is also my last day to be able to deliver at the natural birth center. After that, I have to go to the hospital. If nothing before next wednesday, Thursday will be induction. Really hoping it doesn't come to that.

I hate these deadlines don't you? I feel so pressured into having this baby it takes away some of the enjoyment of it. It's almost like a kick to the chuff. I'm in the same boat Hun. I can't be induced because of my risk of uterine rupture so I have to make this sweep count!

Ok so an update: I've lost a good handful of mucus throughout the day , every wee I've had today I've had a huge amount of show and mucus. Lots of big BH but no true contractions since 1ish. Baby is still in cephalic position and seems happy, though movements are few and far between due to being lower. My tummy aches from being violently sick this morning, and I appear to have excess gas and pressure in my foofa which is very uncomfortable but very reassuring. Show is a deep red, was brown. Mild back ache from trapped wind, seems to be aggravating my uterus also.

Yeah, the nurse asked me if I was excited today and I really wasn't. I don't want to be at the hospital. :(

I think it's just a man-up moment for both of us, we need to accept what were handed and get on with it or we'll end up with long labours and end up resenting our experiences. Let's turn these frowns upside down and find a silver lining here!
WERE HAVING A BABY!!!

I know that, but I can't as my last birth experience just left me feeling so sad and angry. I'm dreading feeling that way again. Just going to the hospital for a class a week ago left me in tears. I'm really sad about it.

This is completely normal after a sweep and should have been disclosed to you beforehand. It's not labour, it's just where your uterus was aggravated from the procedure. This is good as it heightens your chances of success, and should evolve into contractions soon xx fingers crossed xx

I havent had a sweep!
Yesterday very early am my mw tried to check my cervix for dilation, no intentions of doing a sweep, but its so far back because the baby is so low that she couldnt even find it!

It could be what some women call "lightning crotch" Mississippi! It's just baby's head hitting a sensitive spot on your cervix. It could be that your cervix is started to move forward a bit too, which would be a good thing!

I hope the both of you have a more positive experience this time around. The things we will put ourselves through for our babes! Keep your chin up girls!

Thanks, mississippi.

This is most definitely my last pregnancy and baby. I'm not doing this ever ever ever again!

Just took two tylenol

My cervix is def moving.. I havent been able to feel it at all but just tried and can feel the tiniest bit of it.. No where near enough to tell if im at all dilated. Bahh i need some sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->