Labor Watch Thread

Had sweep #2 this morning. It HURT. A lot. And I'm really sore now. Contractions aboit every 10mins.

I have an acupuncture appointment tomorrow early morning and then have to go to the hospital for non stress test and AFI (fluid) ultrasound because I'll be 41 weeks. I'm not in the best place emotionally right now. The midwife today was not my favorite, and just made me really upset, on top of the stress I already feel about being overdue. :(

Likeaustralia I hope your ok after your sweep. I had my second today and only a couple of days behind you. She worked at me for a good minute so I do sympathise. Had you dilated any more from last time? Nothing is happening apart from spotting afterwards & it's quite comfortable. Hope you get your lo here soon x

She said I was 3cm today, so 1cm more than Wednesday when I had the first one. Contractions are closer together for the last 40mins or so now though. And having more mucus plug stuff, so we'll see.

Hope you get some results soon too lillme!

Sending :hugs: I hope this 2nd sweep kick starts things for you

Thinking of you guys! I dont think ill even have the opp for a sweep.. My cervix is sooo vanished up there lol nobody can reach it! I go for a scan on the 13th, if i last that long, and would likly be induced the following day

That stupid midwife also insisted that I have sex. I was like... you just made my cervix hurt like hell. And now you're asking me to have sex. I know that that's another natural labor inducer, but it just isn't going to happen for me right now. And she just kept pushing it. I'm WAY to uncomfortable. I've been in pain for weeks and don't like being touched at ALL, by anyone. Ugh. I was ready to just get up and walk out. I do not like that woman.

Awww. Sorry you've had such a terrible experience Australia. Ive been having a hard time with the sex part too. It's really uncomfortable.

I'm pretty much just giving up and walking and waiting for induction day. It's too stressful otherwise.

I'm sorry to hear how uncomfortable you are likeAustralia, they also told me the same thing & I was like maybe not this time, the day after maybe. One mw told me the only thing is nipple stimulation & bouncing on a ball. I'm not sure who else is but it's all very much hard work!! Mississippi I'm sorry to hear you can't get a sweep even if you wanted, what is with these babies! Don't give up yet nmp, still 4 days and many things can change between now and then.
Anybody want a funny story. ....now it is!
My DH said he would walk the dogs and it was getting dusky. I said just take them into the field and throw the ball while I sort dinner. The glow in the dark ball needed charged so he said he would & disappeared. He went to the garage to sort some batteries & I went to go to the bathroom. Smoke was piling into the landing & I through the nursery door open & the lamp was on fire & starting to catch the shelf above. My green file was the closest thing to hand & wafted it out & switched off all power & opening all windows as I called my DH. I then went outside & cried, because that's what you do after you have been violated that day & the shock gets you. He had taken the fire alarm into he garage to replace the battery to ensure it was ready, sods law, thank god for my small bladder I dread to think.
So this morning we need a new shelf & lamp. I have to steam all & scrub all surfaces.....again & febreeze all furnishings. The silly man had put the ball beside the bulb & it had rolled into it & melted & caught fire. He felt so bad & I played it down as no one was hurt & no point crying over spilt milk. He's very safety concious so was bearing himself up.
I did say eventually it will be a story that daddy nearly burnt out the nursery!!! Keep an eye on those men! !

Is anyone using clary sage oil? I bought some but I'm scared of using it as it says 'not to use during pregnancy', is it just because it can bring on labour and at 39 weeks I'd be ok? Too scared in case x

Lucylu I have been using it for the last few weeks and I am nearly 41weeks. It hasn't done much for me and I have been using it with every other natural remedy too x

Lucylu I have been using it for the last few weeks and I am nearly 41weeks. It hasn't done much for me and I have been using it with every other natural remedy too x

I smelt it straight from the bottle last night and wow - Its strong right?

It almost made me feel a bit light headed straight away, a bit like i'd had a glass of wine, does that sound normal that it made me feel like that? Is that the point that i'm missing that during labour woman use it as an alternative to gas and air? I'm confused! :shrug:

Is anyone using clary sage oil? I bought some but I'm scared of using it as it says 'not to use during pregnancy', is it just because it can bring on labour and at 39 weeks I'd be ok? Too scared in case x

I haven't been rubbing it on my bump yet, I did debate putting it in the bath earlier, but decided I'd start that on Wednesday if baby isn't here by then! I have been sniffing it occasionally straight from the bottle!

I've realised driving really brings on consistent braxton hicks for me, so DH and I went for a drive earlier while DD napped in the back, and found the bumpiest country roads near us lol! It has dawned on me the day I went into labour with DD I had been driving around for 2 hours looking for somewhere which had bloodworm in stock for my frogs so thought I best try a long bumpy drive in case that had tipped me over the edge last time :haha:

I'm not pregnant anymore! Yay me! Vincent Wesley Jackson born vaginally @18:20 2nd October 1hr 7min labour using tens for 24hrs pre-labour then g@a for 20 mins!!! During established labour and pushing phase. No stitches, but one very small graze. VERY PROUD xx

I used clary sage, definitely worked for me!

Congrats cinnamum!!! You should be proud!

I'm jealous!

I've never heard of clary sage.

Fantastic news cinnamum! Congrats congrats!!

I've had a horrid night, woke suddenly to sick in my mouth twice, heartburn and not a chance of lying down so from 1-3 I had to get up and go on the sofa to watch tv, thankfully it passed and I've managed to have a lovely lie in to make up for it, it's never happened before, how strange!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->