Labor Watch Thread

Saw the midwife and left feeling optimistic, baby is low and kind of in the right position, tightenings and cramps still happening, tiny bit of blood when I wiped this morning. She rang my MLU to arrange reflexology and book an induction in a week. They rang me back and the woman I spoke to has made me feel like crap. Why haven't I had sweeps yet, why am I not booked for induction Monday, you don't know what you're doing why hasn't your midwife done this and that :( told me to come in for a sweep later and a 'chat' she was so miserable and negative it's really got to me. Why should I be induced Monday??! I thought it was 42 weeks.. People don't realise how much they can affect someone's feeling when you're already nervous :( my OH will not like it if they start bullying us into things, it'll cause a horrible atmosphere. Kind of dreading going in later. Plus I promised my son we'd take him out for dinner and things later as he's been a complete star and now I feel guilty his plans are being messed with. Waaahhhhh :nope:

I saw someone else on here say they cant force you to do it in the uk?

My mw suggest induction at 41 weeks.. But are pretty adament by 42. Apparently at 42 weeks or later, the baby has higher risk of complication and or still birth. Which is why drs go for 41 weeks!

Stick to your guns babe, its your baby and body!

Saw the midwife and left feeling optimistic, baby is low and kind of in the right position, tightenings and cramps still happening, tiny bit of blood when I wiped this morning. She rang my MLU to arrange reflexology and book an induction in a week. They rang me back and the woman I spoke to has made me feel like crap. Why haven't I had sweeps yet, why am I not booked for induction Monday, you don't know what you're doing why hasn't your midwife done this and that :( told me to come in for a sweep later and a 'chat' she was so miserable and negative it's really got to me. Why should I be induced Monday??! I thought it was 42 weeks.. People don't realise how much they can affect someone's feeling when you're already nervous :( my OH will not like it if they start bullying us into things, it'll cause a horrible atmosphere. Kind of dreading going in later. Plus I promised my son we'd take him out for dinner and things later as he's been a complete star and now I feel guilty his plans are being messed with. Waaahhhhh :nope:

My mw suggest induction at 41 weeks.. But are pretty adament by 42. Apparently at 42 weeks or later, the baby has higher risk of complication and or still birth. Which is why drs go for 41 weeks!

Thanks :) no they can't force you, you're not classed as properly over till 42 weeks, I think this hospitals policy is 40+10 for some reason. I believe the risk of stillbirth goes up by 1% past 42 weeks. It's just that feeling of being pushed to make decisions I don't want to make, my last labour was induced and it was horrible. Just feel frustrated with my body, do your shit already!! :(

Thanks :) no they can't force you, you're not classed as properly over till 42 weeks, I think this hospitals policy is 40+10 for some reason. I believe the risk of stillbirth goes up by 1% past 42 weeks. It's just that feeling of being pushed to make decisions I don't want to make, my last labour was induced and it was horrible. Just feel frustrated with my body, do your shit already!! :(

Feel for you, truly I do! I was induced with ds (due to waters breaking not overdue) and I hated it, I truly am hoping for a more natural birth so if you can hang on and try to get going on your own I say go for it!!

I'm still here. Been in prodromal labour ALL FREAKING DAY! 😢

Awww. That stinks... hopefully it will kick into the real thing for you if it hasn't already.

I would be as professional as possible, but don't allow yourself to be bullied! You want to remember this as an incredible experience without a bah humbug cloud hanging over your head. I hope it all works out.

im 40w1d & he seems comfy n there.. just kicking away lol. really want him to come before im induced next sunday!! so 9 days to go or less! anyone else already have an induction date?

im 40w1d & he seems comfy n there.. just kicking away lol. really want him to come before im induced next sunday!! so 9 days to go or less! anyone else already have an induction date?

I have a c section scheduled for 10/5 at 1230 pm. Good luck everyone awaiting labor to begin!!:coffee:

anyone else already have an induction date?

Oct 5th. Our 7 year wedding anniversary is oct 6th. I have a baby & birth class in the same hospital on the 7th so it would be neat to pop down with a brand new baby, we are 1 of two couples with earlier edd.

Well it wasn't as bad as I thought, saw a different midwife who was lovely. She did a sweep and said I'm 1cm and 50% effaced, she was quite rough on purpose to get the most effect, it hurt but not too bad. Haver some labour oils to put in the bath and I can go back Sunday for reflexology and another sweep if needed. Booked in Monday for a trace of the baby and possible induction, if the trace is fine I can postpone for another two days. Just hope something happens before then. Sitting on the ball now, got regular ish tightenings which are very slightly uncomfortable but who knows if they're actually doing anything

I feel like im ttc all over agin.. Lying here trying to let dhs semen ripen my cervix hah fml

My next appt is on my due date which is Wednesday. As I'm a fury timer I know they will offer a sweep and book an induction date in case it doesn't work, I think!
I have been having terrible back ache for two days now, nothing will ease it not even the masage chair or bath. Tell me it's a sign, I don't want to be induced!!!

Back ache is a good sign if it's come out of nowhere, I've heard lots of people say their pain started in the back

Lots of contractions today as we were out and about, but took a nap when we got home and they've eased off a ton. But last night as I was getting ready for bed, I was having a bunch too and (TMI) noticed more mucus plug-type discharge after the stronger ones. I think even though they're not amounting to true labor yet, my cervix is changing slowly.

Ive been having a back ache and stong menstrual like cramps since we dtd this afternoon.. But babe has lso been SUPER active all night.. Like ten times more then normal. Is this a thing?

Mississippi. I am not sure it's a thing but I hope so because it's happening to me!

Good luck cinnamum!!! And happy anniversary! :)

And to you too my lovely!

We celebrated last night, all because we know what happens shortly after a sweep.
I had a grilled chicken wrap with salad and fries, mozzarella sticks, guava juice and strawberries, raspberries with vanilla ice-cream.
We watched a movie on Netflix and I went to bed at 22:40 I read a few pages on labour and birth, I've been up and down all night in false labour AGAIN!
Lost more plug and I think (I've either got a lot of watery discharge) I'm leaking fluids now. Pad isn't dry.
Midwife will be here in 6-7hrs so fingers crossed it all kicks off ASAP! I've well and truly had enough.

Ok ladies i have been having a TON of clear thin discharge for about a week now. Anyways.. i just went to the restroom and there was more of the thin clear discharge but this time there was a streak or 2 of red/pink blood?!

The discharge is NOT thick snotty mucus plug type of discharge. It is thin slippery clear discharge... but this time with a streak of pink/red blood...

What is this??! Should i be worried??

Sounds good cinnamum! Mine doesn't appear to have done anything.

Good luck to all who are having sweeps and contractions and discharge, I would take any of that!
I hope that it progresses into something, it's so annoying when your due date is days away or your over. My sister is coming this morning to get ger dog groomed before I pop. Wishful thinking that I will go in a couple of days, but holding hope for the full moon, that's all I've got lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->